Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Has anyone managed to defeat **Yo'ster Isle Secret Boss** yet?

I was in at it for a while thinking it would never be over, but I FINALLY DEFEAT HER!!!

Oh boy, see ya guys in Hard Mode.

Their HP seems lower than previous versions, and i like how the item inventory strat is different now. You pretty much wont need Kerocolas 3 in this fight anymore

1 hour ago, GWGGeordi said:

Their HP seems lower than previous versions, and i like how the item inventory strat is different now. You pretty much wont need Kerocolas 3 in this fight anymore

I don't know about that. You still need Kerokerocolas unless you stack yourself with Hyper M. Guards.

2 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I don't know about that. You still need Kerokerocolas unless you stack yourself with Hyper M. Guards.

I'm gonna use spoilers on this just in case someone wants to experience the Ultimate Boss without any guide:

Spoiler

Well, Final Elixirs were quite helpful for me because it revives all your party members, full restores you and recharges all your FP. Half of my inventory were Final Elixirs while the other half were Hyper M. Guards and Celebi and Galaxy Stars

And then i used Mario, Geno and Bowser with all their bonus levels on Defense/Attack because they are the "tankiest" characters in this version. Geno was always using "Defend" while Bowser and Mario were doing the whole work, they both had above 570 defense with double turn. Ultimate Hammer is way better choice than Galaxy Shell in this fight because you can sometimes take two lives with his double turn advantage.

Hello, I am new to this site.

I have been absolutely addicted to your release of version nine SMBRPGArmageddon. I have successfully made it through every super boss in this game and am only left to complete the FF Boss Rush. After I defeat the first wave of Cactaur the game transitions to a black screen where it freezes while still playing the background music. Has anyone else had this issue?!

Im so close to finishing this and getting my life back! haha

46 minutes ago, ReapingDrake said:

Hello, I am new to this site.

I have been absolutely addicted to your release of version nine SMBRPGArmageddon. I have successfully made it through every super boss in this game and am only left to complete the FF Boss Rush. After I defeat the first wave of Cactaur the game transitions to a black screen where it freezes while still playing the background music. Has anyone else had this issue?!

Im so close to finishing this and getting my life back! haha

it was a simple mistake on my part. It was caused by battling May before doing the boss rush. To fix this, you need to lose that fight with the cactuars and select not to continue. Enter it again and it should be fine. This will be fixed in the official upload.

11 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

it was a simple mistake on my part. It was caused by battling May before doing the boss rush. To fix this, you need to lose that fight with the cactuars and select not to continue. Enter it again and it should be fine. This will be fixed in the official upload.

Correction: This has been fixed in the official final upload.  Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the preliminary release.

4 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Correction: This has been fixed in the official final upload.  Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the preliminary release.

Doesn't the save file still work say if you changed the file name of the current version to match the name of the save file or would that have the same effect as putting the hack on a already hacked smrpga?

Edited by Darkcelestrian

4 hours ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Doesn't the save file still work say if you changed the file name of the current version to match the name of the save file or would that have the same effect as putting the hack on a already hacked smrpga?

It does, but not as intended.

Sorry if this is a known issue, this is my first time playing Armageddon.  I have had multiple instances of the game sort-of freezing (music and background keep going but game no longer responds to buttons) while in the equipment menu.  Selecting Mallow's weapon slot when he doesn't have one (first time was an accident, others were to confirm), and multiple times while trying to change Mario's equipment around (weapons and accessories).  Have been having large amounts of slowdown when multiple enemies moving on the screen as well.  Is this a bad rom issue or is there something I am doing wrong?

2 hours ago, Fuzzfang said:

Sorry if this is a known issue, this is my first time playing Armageddon.  I have had multiple instances of the game sort-of freezing (music and background keep going but game no longer responds to buttons) while in the equipment menu.  Selecting Mallow's weapon slot when he doesn't have one (first time was an accident, others were to confirm), and multiple times while trying to change Mario's equipment around (weapons and accessories).  Have been having large amounts of slowdown when multiple enemies moving on the screen as well.  Is this a bad rom issue or is there something I am doing wrong?

If you use any other emulator that's not SNES9x v1.53 or if you patched the game wrong, these weird bugs could happen. If it's not that, then it's probably a legit new glitch. About the slowdowns, I would say it's because you're PC it's not powerful enough, but I'm pretty sure you can run a SNES emulator even on a pentium 2. If it's not bad ROM patching, then I don't know.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

If you use any other emulator that's not SNES9x v1.53 or if you patched the game wrong, these weird bugs could happen. If it's not that, then it's probably a legit new glitch. About the slowdowns, I would say it's because you're PC it's not powerful enough, but I'm pretty sure you can run a SNES emulator even on a pentium 2. If it's not bad ROM patching, then I don't know.

Any version of snes9x works, however, you should never use an older version than 1.53, just in case those have issues.

Perfect, updated the emulator and no issues at all. Thanks guys!  Never occurred to me to look for updates for the emulator.

Edited by Fuzzfang

On 10/12/2018 at 11:43 PM, Darkkefka said:

Thanks, this helped!! Bring it on Y. Tonberry!

In normal mode, why does Bowyer take so little damage from Mario's specials? He's suposed to be weak to fire, but I'm only dealing like 36 damage with Fire Orb, 35 with Ice Orb, and 40 with Jump. That doesn't make any sense. Bowyer still takes decent damage with Flame Staff though.

5 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

In normal mode, why does Bowyer take so little damage from Mario's specials? He's suposed to be weak to fire, but I'm only dealing like 36 damage with Fire Orb, 35 with Ice Orb, and 40 with Jump. That doesn't make any sense. Bowyer still takes decent damage with Flame Staff though.

What's mario's magic stat and what weapon are you using?

13 hours ago, Darkcelestrian said:

What's mario's magic stat and what weapon are you using?

I don't remember the magic stat, but I was level 20 with only two bonuses for Magic and I had the Hammer equipped.

3 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I don't remember the magic stat, but I was level 20 with only two bonuses for Magic and I had the Hammer equipped.

The Thunder Punch does more than just give you an electrified attack.

8 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The Thunder Punch does more than just give you an electrified attack.

I know it bumps up your magic like 30, but still. It seems really odd that you would only deal 30 damage with a fire attack.

45 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I know it bumps up your magic like 30, but still. It seems really odd that you would only deal 30 damage with a fire attack.

If I got my multipliers right, 30 magic attack is a difference of around 750 damage on Fire Orb against Bowyer.

Edited by Doomsday31415

10 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

If I got my multipliers right, 30 magic attack is a difference of around 750 damage on Fire Orb against Bowyer.

Really? Never though it would make that much of a difference. Thanks for the clarification.

This is more like a balancing issue regarding the final boss of the FF Boss Rush.

Spoiler

Terra does this thing where she does Black Hole->Riot Blade everytime after a certain number of hits. There should be a cue (a charging animation like some bosses do) that will let you know when she's about to do this attack pattern, because the only way to survive this is by guarding. You shouldn't be punished like that for trying to win the fight.

This is more like a balancing issue regarding the final boss of the FF Boss Rush.

Hide contents

Terra does this thing where she does Black Hole->Riot Blade everytime after a certain number of hits. There should be a cue (a charging animation like some bosses do) that will let you know when she's about to do this attack pattern, because the only way to survive this is by guarding. You shouldn't be punished like that for trying to win the fight.

Try defending with 1 character every turn.

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Try defending with 1 character every turn.

This strat will only work if you guard with your fastest party member and if you luck out with RNG. This is not a viable strat.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

This strat will only work if you guard with your fastest party member and if you luck out with RNG. This is not a viable strat.

Just always defend with Geno, heal with Peach, and attack with your attacker. You might want to use a Found Illision or 2 just to be safe.

Edited by Nitro

Hello I'm stuck @ the rematch with Axem Red the battle goes smoothly until mack and Bowyer appear then the battle menu glitches and any further move freezes the game. Is this a known glitch or an emulator failure.