Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Incubus_prince said:

Hello I'm stuck @ the rematch with Axem Red the battle goes smoothly until mack and Bowyer appear then the battle menu glitches and any further move freezes the game. Is this a known glitch or an emulator failure. 

I believe that was an issue with the initial release of normal mode back when it was still called the content mode.

It should be fixed in the latest update.

18 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I believe that was an issue with the initial release of normal mode back when it was still called the content mode.

It should be fixed in the latest Ye

(Sorry for triple quoting) I solved the issue by getting the latest version however after smithy the game froze on the star screen (I was on PAL) and trying to correct the issue the game erased my save file I spent all day yesterday getting back to where I was I dont know what to do now I just wanted the post game content. 

1 hour ago, Incubus_prince said:

(Sorry for triple quoting) I solved the issue by getting the latest version however after smithy the game froze on the star screen (I was on PAL) and trying to correct the issue the game erased my save file I spent all day yesterday getting back to where I was I dont know what to do now I just wanted the post game content. 

You must use the patch on the US version of the game, otherwise it won't work.

Sorry I wasnt clear I'm was using US rom from but its known to freeze @ johnny Jones & the Axem ranger stars was told to click Pal option (using zsnes) on my emulator to medigate this and it worked so  I left the option on and will the finale just froze. I'll give it another go this weekend. Thanks for your info.

12 minutes ago, Incubus_prince said:

Sorry I wasnt clear I'm was using US rom from but its known to freeze @ johnny Jones & the Axem ranger stars was told to click Pal option (using zsnes) on my emulator to medigate this and it worked so  I left the option on and will the finale just froze. I'll give it another go this weekend. Thanks for your info.

You must use Snes9X 1.53+.  ZSNES is a garbage emulator that doesn't emulate SMRPG properly.

Hi, recently beaten all I could find in armageddon v9. Uh just kinda dropping a few notes of what i noticed through m y playthrough. Overall I really enjoyed the experience of playing this mod of the game! There are a few fights before approaching valentina (nimbus land) whilst in nimbus castle (whatever its called) that there were a few video glitches mid fight... nothing too serious i guess. One problem i did have was during the 'trial boss rush' that rosalina gives you there were several fights that I could not use peach's morning star move just because of some sort of lag. (Couldn't time the move properly because of it). I have a really powerful computer so just figured i'd throw this out there. Thanks darkkefla for bringing back the first rpg of my childhood back to life!

3 hours ago, annh said:

Hi, recently beaten all I could find in armageddon v9. Uh just kinda dropping a few notes of what i noticed through m y playthrough. Overall I really enjoyed the experience of playing this mod of the game! There are a few fights before approaching valentina (nimbus land) whilst in nimbus castle (whatever its called) that there were a few video glitches mid fight... nothing too serious i guess. One problem i did have was during the 'trial boss rush' that rosalina gives you there were several fights that I could not use peach's morning star move just because of some sort of lag. (Couldn't time the move properly because of it). I have a really powerful computer so just figured i'd throw this out there. Thanks darkkefla for bringing back the first rpg of my childhood back to life!

Glad you enjoyed it!  This is the first I've heard of lag in the trial mode... what fights did it happen?

Yeah I loved this. Like maybe 20-22 years ago at the young age of 8 i found smrpg in my cousins snes and fell in love with the game. Having a lot of experience with ff7 through ffx on playstation I really felt this mod is just a beauty!

I went back and rebeat the trial mode. The explosion that occurs with peach's morning star move seems to expand at different rates of speed in different fights. I think its partially maybe just me... and being specific with that slight delay once the explosion is fully expanded can kinda mess with ya... but if you get a chance to try the dodo, valentina, and birdo i think it seemed to be the one i struggled using the morning star.

I'm really unsure if I 'patched' or placed the ips file correctly or not. After doing some reading in 'normal' mode you don't get repeat items like the galaxy ring. But after beating the trial mode I indeed got another galaxy ring. What little research i've done all I did was took the original smrpg rom and placed the new (normal) ips file beside it and renamed the (normal) ips file as the exact same name as the original rom...

37 minutes ago, annh said:

I'm really unsure if I 'patched' or placed the ips file correctly or not. After doing some reading in 'normal' mode you don't get repeat items like the galaxy ring. But after beating the trial mode I indeed got another galaxy ring. What little research i've done all I did was took the original smrpg rom and placed the new (normal) ips file beside it and renamed the (normal) ips file as the exact same name as the original rom...

Normal mode is blue.  Content is green.

25 minutes ago, IcieJiraceon said:

Toadstool's Ultima special is broken. It did a loop of the animation forever and had to load state.

Considering neither Toadstool nor Ultima is in v9, I'm guessing something went wrong when patching.

17 minutes ago, IcieJiraceon said:

I am unable to move upon entering Jonathon's ship, softlocking me.

See previous statement.  Also, are you using Snes9X 1.53+?

47 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

See previous statement.  Also, are you using Snes9X 1.53+?

Yes, I am using Snes9x 1.53

Edited by IcieJiraceon
typo

1 hour ago, IcieJiraceon said:

Does bad checksum mean something went wrong when patching? I went and got another download copy to patch and that happened.

No, that's normal.

7 minutes ago, IcieJiraceon said:

I found a glitch in the doom cake boss where you're unable to target it, but you're able to target the special tab's text and character text?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the same problem as the other issues you've seen.  How are you patching the rom?