Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Well, no issue there then...

Are you using the 1996 US rom?

No, the US rom I deleted because that's what softlocked me at the ship.

5 minutes ago, IcieJiraceon said:

No, the US rom I deleted because that's what softlocked me at the ship.

Use the US rom, make sure it's dated at 1996, and delete any save file or save state that would be loaded.

16 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Use the US rom, make sure it's dated at 1996, and delete any save file or save state that would be loaded.

It led me to my previous save, are you sure deleting it will fix the softlock?

10 minutes ago, IcieJiraceon said:

It led me to my previous save, are you sure deleting it will fix the softlock?

Yes.  Trying to use a corrupted save file will only result in strange bugs, including missing objects.

3 hours ago, IcieJiraceon said:

is saving over a file gonna work? I did that and the exact same file appeared when I downloaded another boxes were still empty.

No, you have to completely delete your save data.

Dont know if this is the right place to ask but here goes. How come in some copies/versions of V9 Normal Mode show blinking damage numbers and others dont. Ive seen most of Nitros videos and his copy shows them but mine doesnt?

I believe you're referring to a beta for v9 where full break was indicated by the numbers flashing.  This relied on an emulator bug in Snes9X though, so it was replaced with the shield icon.

38 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I believe you're referring to a beta for v9 where full break was indicated by the numbers flashing.  This relied on an emulator bug in Snes9X though, so it was replaced with the shield icon.

ah ok, makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

It was present in the old normal mode, but removed in content mode and the new normal mode.

That was actually the beta for content mode, before it was decided to make it significantly easier.

On 2019-05-26 at 6:15 AM, Doomsday31415 said:

That was actually the beta for content mode, before it was decided to make it significantly easier.

I'm well aware of that, my explanation just sounds less complicated to me :P

Not really a bug, but Rikku says "...I'm you're girl" and not "...I'm your girl".

I don't think this next one is wrong, but every time I scroll past it, it just feels off. Yoshi says "...looks like you're off to another adventure". Would "...looks like you're off on another adventure" sound more natural? Not a complaint or anything, at this point I'm genuinely curious now if I'm totally wrong in thinking the former sounds awkward. ;p

Oh, I guess I did find one bug, but it was super rare. When using Geno's Spritz Bomb on a starslap in Rose Way, one of the bombs kinda rolled weird and never blew up, and the game softlocked, lol. Only happened once and I didn't try for very long to see if I could have it happen again, but it was pretty amusing.

I just created my account for this and im not sure if its a bug or not but how come mesprit is ice and azeif is fire. Going by their color I would assume they were to be vice versa and the fact that Azeif is in the ice cave and all.  (sorry if this was metioned before just wanted to say something)

Hello, I'm new to playing this Rom Hack. It's wonderful I love it but what happens is, have a little problem that won't let me advance in the game. The thing is, after I defeated the Axem Rangers, I went to Marshmallow to talk to malow's parents to get access to the Royal Bus. But when I'm going in to talk to them for some reason he won't let me access that room, I went to where the real bus is and he tells me it's under repair, and that's where I got stuck. I can't go on. 

IMG_20210316_231925.jpg

1 minute ago, Jex said:

Hola, soy nuevo en jugar a este Rom Hack. Es maravilloso, me encanta, pero lo que pasa es que tengo un pequeño problema que no me deja avanzar en el juego. La cuestión es que, después de derrotar a los Axem Rangers, fui a Marshmallow para hablar con los padres de Malow para tener acceso al Royal Bus. Pero cuando voy a hablar con ellos por alguna razón, él no me deja entrar a esa habitación, fui a donde está el autobús real y me dice que está en reparación, y ahí es donde me quedé atascado. No puedo seguir. 

IMG_20210316_231925.jpg

I would like to be helped with this error, I am new playing this Rom Hack and I love it. I would like to finish it, I do not know if there is another method to access the Royal Bus but I would like to be given an answer to this, thank you. 

So I don't remember this part of the game, but did you talk to everyone around it or just try the door and the bus? Might give you an answer. Could be in the town as well.

19 hours ago, chronoquairium said:

Así que no recuerdo esta parte del juego, pero ¿hablaste con todos los que estaban a su alrededor o simplemente probaste la puerta y el autobús? Podría darte una respuesta. También podría estar en la ciudad.

After defeating the Axem Rangers I went to the room where Malow's parents meet, seeing that he didn't open I talked to the two guards and they told me What they always say, then I went out to see the bus and there was nothing, then I went into the castle and talked to a couple of npc, then tried to get in but nothing. And what city do you mean? 

Edited by Jex

1 hour ago, chronoquairium said:

Así que no recuerdo esta parte del juego, pero ¿hablaste con todos los que estaban a su alrededor o simplemente probaste la puerta y el autobús? Podría darte una respuesta. También podría estar en la ciudad.

I'd be grateful if you'd give me that answer. 

If you defeated the Axem Rangers, you should trigger a cutscene when you enter the large room in the back of the palace.  After that cutscene, the royal bus will be working.