Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

While I'm on the topic of equipment of light, there is a misspelling in the description of the dress of light. "Resists elements and block KO".

It should be "blocks" not "block".

Same for the shirt of light and the pants of light. the cape of light and the shell of light is correct though.

The boss rushes (including the trainer battles) are deliberately stricter when it comes to once-a-battle item usage.  However, I was under the impression you got them back after every fight in the FF boss rush?

The bug with killing everyone in boss rush has already been reported and fixed.

Shiny Flowers can be found in Shadow Palace.  Daisy's dialogue is that way because of reasons...

Pixie Dust description spells "dramatically" as "dramatially".

Super Hammer description has two periods.

Ultra Shroom description says "removes stats reduction", should be "removes stat reduction" if I'm not mistaken.

There's also a bunch of other "blocks" and "resists" that's missing an S at the end.

9 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The boss rushes (including the trainer battles) are deliberately stricter when it comes to once-a-battle item usage.  However, I was under the impression you got them back after every fight in the FF boss rush?

Shiny Flowers can be found in Shadow Palace.  Daisy's dialogue is that way because of reasons...

I haven't even tested the FF Boss Rush yet, so I can't say for sure.

The patch link hasn't been updated yet.

In the Palace of Shadow? Oh, the Dark Dayzee...

1 minute ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Specifically? :)

Celetriad description says half FP cost, should be halves FP cost.

Crystal ring description says resist elements and block KO, should be resists elements and blocks KO.

Divine Pillar description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Fire shell description says resist fire, should be resists fire.

Fire shield description says resist fire, should be resists fire.

Forced armor descrption says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Found illusion description says automatically block attacks perfectly for a short time, should be automatically blocks attacks perfectly for a short time.

Both entries of Galaxy star description says call Rosalina for a helping hand, should be calls Rosalina for a helping hand.

Ice shield description says resist ice, should be resists ice.

Lazy shell (armor, not the editor) description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Light shield description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

Mabufudyne description says attack all foes with ice, should be attacks all foes with ice. Same goes for Mahamaon, Maragidyne and Maziodyne.

Minerva description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Paladin description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Pixie orb description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

Rainbow robe description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Rubber pants description says resist thunder, should be resists thunder.

Sailor shirt description says A sailor's suit, shouldn't that be shirt?

Shirt of light description says resist elements and block KO, I mentioned the latter error, but I don't think I mentioned the former. Resists, blocks.

Snow cape description says resist ice, should be resists ice.

Soul dew description says half FP cost, should be halves FP cost.

Spark shield description says resist thunder, should be resists thunder.

Spark shot description says zap enemies with thunder, should (probably) be zaps enemies with thunder.

Spritz bomb description says fire explosive bombs, should (probably) be fires explosive bombs.

Thunder punch description says attack with a thunder punch, should (probably) be attacks with a thunder punch.

White dress description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

Here's a typo that's been present ever since the beta of version 8: When you capture Mesprit, it says "you captured Mespirit", DK didn't misspell it anywhere else in-game (he does all the time outside of the game though)

6 minutes ago, Joelback03 said:

Celetriad description says half FP cost, should be halves FP cost.

Crystal ring description says resist elements and block KO, should be resists elements and blocks KO.

Divine Pillar description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Fire shell description says resist fire, should be resists fire.

Fire shield description says resist fire, should be resists fire.

Forced armor descrption says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Found illusion description says automatically block attacks perfectly for a short time, should be automatically blocks attacks perfectly for a short time.

Both entries of Galaxy star description says call Rosalina for a helping hand, should be calls Rosalina for a helping hand.

Ice shield description says resist ice, should be resists ice.

Lazy shell (armor, not the editor) description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Light shield description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

Mabufudyne description says attack all foes with ice, should be attacks all foes with ice. Same goes for Mahamaon, Maragidyne and Maziodyne.

Minerva description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Paladin description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Pixie orb description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

Rainbow robe description says resist elements, should be resists elements.

Rubber pants description says resist thunder, should be resists thunder.

Sailor shirt description says A sailor's suit, shouldn't that be shirt?

Shirt of light description says resist elements and block KO, I mentioned the latter error, but I don't think I mentioned the former. Resists, blocks.

Snow cape description says resist ice, should be resists ice.

Soul dew description says half FP cost, should be halves FP cost.

Spark shield description says resist thunder, should be resists thunder.

Spark shot description says zap enemies with thunder, should (probably) be zaps enemies with thunder.

Spritz bomb description says fire explosive bombs, should (probably) be fires explosive bombs.

Thunder punch description says attack with a thunder punch, should (probably) be attacks with a thunder punch.

White dress description says resist holy, should be resists holy.

I'm so sorry...

Here's some typos in the "attacks" section of Lazy Shell:

Group hug description says heal group and negative effects, should be heals group and negative effects. I also don't understand why Peach can't use group hug when she's alone. She can use Aromatheraphy when she's alone, why not group hug?

White magikoopa description says call magikoopa to heal all allies, should be calls magikoopa to heal all allies.

Wishing star description says revive one ally, should be revives one ally.

Dragon breath description says burn all foes with fire, should be burns all foes with fire.

Fire breath description says burn one foe with fire, should be burns one foe with fire.

Geno whirl description says lower's defense, should be lowers defense.

Jump description says stomp one foe, should probably not say stomps one foe, but who knows.

Peach beam description says strike all foes wth a holy beam, it's probably correct.

Red magikoopa description says call magikoopa... Same thing as the white one! (the issue is the same) (if it IS an issue)

Thunderstorm has the same spelling for lowers as geno whirl (lower's)

That's all here!

26 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I'm so sorry...

It's all right, I'll do anything to make Armageddon as clean as possible!

Now I should probably check for text issues from npc's and such.

Edit: NOPE! I'm not doing that! Too much text!

Edited by Joelback03

8 hours ago, Joelback03 said:

Here's something that might be a bug of some sort: When you complete the sidequest for Daisy's ring, you are then able to give her a Gold Flower to get a new Special for Mario, and if you give her a second Gold Flower, she will increase you max FP to 70, after this, she says that she can increase your FP even further if you give her a third Gold Flower, however, when I bring the third one she says that it will have no effect, but maybe a different kind of flower. I've seen what it means by watching an old beta test by smbai (at least I THINK it was by him), but I don't remember where I can get this "Shiny Flower". (I looked in Lazy Shell to see if it was still a thing and it is) I increased my FP to 99 by beating the Shadow Queen, so it's nothing major, but I'm still kinda bothered by the fact that she still asks for a different flower when there doesn't seem to be a way to get one.

The only things I have not done yet is the solo persona battle with Mario and Mallow, the final fight in trial mode (could never even get a hit on the witch), the FF Boss Rush and Xion. I've done everything else so if anybody knows if it's even possible to get the Shiny Flower and how to get it, I'd like to know, thanks!

Edit: I just looked back at smbai's stream and saw that he got it by completing the beanstalk by giving the seed and fertilizer to the gardener. Was it changed or removed?

If it was changed, how do you get it now?

If it was removed, why does Daisy still mention it?

You can get shiny flowers from dark dayzee's in the shadow palace. You can encounter them in the room with the cloaked mage looking dudes.

6 hours ago, Joelback03 said:

I'm not sure about this one, but I think my Bowser got insta-killed by a diamond saw while wearing his shell of light, which is supposed to block insta-kills.

Bowser and mario have lowish magic defense compared to everyone else so its possible you was killed by the damage. Was there a damage number or did he just drop dead with no number showing up?

10 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Bowser and mario have lowish magic defense compared to everyone else so its possible you was killed by the damage. Was there a damage number or did he just drop dead with no number showing up?

After the report, I confirmed that Shell of Light (and only Shell of Light!) does not provide mortality protection.

3 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I can confirm that they do indeed come back between fights in the FF Boss Rush. Thank god!

fc11e04a30232b257f79bda64b13bab1.png Is axem red supposed to have a blank box text before he says something after blue gets defeated?

Edited by Foxito

I think I found an exploit: If you kill Penance's left arm (the one called left arm, not the arm on the left) and then ignore th right arm and just focus on Penance, the left arm never respawns.

Same thing would most likely happen if you killed the right arm and ignored the left one, but why do that when it's the left one that uses black hole?

I think the arms should still reappear after a certain number of turns wether you've killed both or not.

936f2283e87ac6197185d0fc77a7ae99.png for some reason after picking up gear in this room in the treasure boxes, the menu where u can heal, equip etc wont open. (idk if this happens for every gear in that room) my inventory was full both times so i did have to pick an item to delete.

Edited by Foxito

13 minutes ago, Foxito said:

936f2283e87ac6197185d0fc77a7ae99.png for some reason after picking up gear in this room in the treasure boxes, the menu where u can heal, equip etc wont open. (idk if this happens for every gear in that room) my inventory was full both times so i did have to pick an item to delete.

That has to do with the moving platforms. As long as you're standing on one, you can't open the menu, but if you jump and try to open the menu...

Spoiler

It works

I was just about to fight Terra and accidentally checked my star pieces while trying to check my equipment and saw an 8th star in the top right corner.

12 minutes ago, Joelback03 said:

I was just about to fight Terra and accidentally checked my star pieces while trying to check my equipment and saw an 8th star in the top right corner.

Did you refight Yaridovich using the Long Gui glitch?