Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

Spoiler

heres basically the same issue but with another boss: Im not sure which boss it was but it was in the cave u can jump into at lands end, i believe it was the last boss there or the second 2 last, either way it said i received galaxy coins but i dont think i got them. 

1 hour ago, Foxito said:
  Hide contents

heres basically the same issue but with another boss: Im not sure which boss it was but it was in the cave u can jump into at lands end, i believe it was the last boss there or the second 2 last, either way it said i received galaxy coins but i dont think i got them. 

Let's assume all bosses that give you galaxy coins actually don't. (except for Xion)

On the trial mode, i got asked if i wanna continue, so i pressed yes and i started at punchinello... even tho the boss i died at was Birdo, valentina, dodo.

9 minutes ago, Foxito said:

On the trial mode, i got asked if i wanna continue, so i pressed yes and i started at punchinello... even tho the boss i died at was Birdo, valentina, dodo.

It resets you from the last checkpoint you passed.

Basically, you hit a checkpoint every time you get to the menu.

54 minutes ago, Nitro said:

It resets you from the last checkpoint you passed.

Basically, you hit a checkpoint every time you get to the menu.

You get to the menu before the valentine, dodo, birdo fight. And before the johnny fight, which is the fight before dodo birdo and valentine.

Edited by Foxito

2 hours ago, Foxito said:

You get to the menu before the valentine, dodo, birdo fight. And before the johnny fight, which is the fight before dodo birdo and valentine.

That one doesn't count as it's there before and after the Johnny fight to give you a chance to change Mario's equipment.

37 minutes ago, Foxito said:

8a4c4b1b29e1bbb425cf32494035dd0c.png rip my trial mode :(

Yeah... Don't kill Mack, Bowyer or Yaridovich on the same turn as their minions are alive (or died before the boss got their next turn)

My game got messed up before facing boomer and the menu wouldn't load properly. Also after beating exor i got to the gate and couldn't see Mario on the screen at all.

D5F7500E-7C7C-46E6-B30E-67EC597847A6.jpeg

DBF949C4-6CDB-4680-BF1A-A5301FCF4A6E.jpeg

33 minutes ago, MarioArm96 said:

My game got messed up before facing boomer and the menu wouldn't load properly. Also after beating exor i got to the gate and couldn't see Mario on the screen at all.

D5F7500E-7C7C-46E6-B30E-67EC597847A6.jpeg

DBF949C4-6CDB-4680-BF1A-A5301FCF4A6E.jpeg

Did you patch version 9 to a clean and untouched rom, or did you patch it on top of version 8?

21 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Did you patch version 9 to a clean and untouched rom, or did you patch it on top of version 8?

I patched version 9 to a clean rom

There's something I've been wondering about ever since I started playing version 9. Diamond Saw has the flashing numbers, can KO if you're not protected, but it doesn't inflict full break, why?

34 minutes ago, Nitro said:

There's something I've been wondering about ever since I started playing version 9. Diamond Saw has the flashing numbers, can KO if you're not protected, but it doesn't inflict full break, why?

There's a bug-made-feature in v9 where if you resist the element, full break won't be applied.

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Via Infinito is still empty after refighting Smithy.

That's because there are hidden monsters of all of them.

1 minute ago, Doomsday31415 said:

There's a bug-made-feature in v9 where if you resist the element, full break won't be applied.

That's because there are hidden monsters of all of them.

Not Paragon.

13 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Paragon is also missing?!

I must have forgotten to check for him...

Yup, he's missing too.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:01 AM, GWGGeordi said:

Is there a limit for the goomba stomping minigame at Ice Cave? After collecting some coins (like 5 tries), it seems like the npc doesn't give you any coins anymore even if you have over 40 points

I'm testing the Goomba thumping minigame again and it seems like you don't get 10 galaxy coins even if you are over 30 or less 50 points sometimes. Getting 30 galaxy coins for 50 points works pretty fine tho

Hey all! I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong or posting this in the wrong place, but I have a couple of bugs to report. First bug I encountered was during the Yarid re-fight in the boss rush. I used Thunderstorm as Mallow and defeated all except one Drillbit, and Yarid as well. Upon defeating the remaining Drillbit, the battle did not end. I could do all actions, but when I chose to attack with any of the characters, they would zoom off the the right side of the screen indefinitely. I did find a work around using Mario's jump to attack a single target which remedied the issue.

Second bug was during the FF Boss Rush. After the first fight, the game softlocks. There's no specifics to that one though in terms of gameplay. The only thing I can note really is that I'm using a USA, .smc ROM, but I don't know if that's the cause of the lock.

That's all that I have to report for now.

14 hours ago, REN said:

Hey all! I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong or posting this in the wrong place, but I have a couple of bugs to report. First bug I encountered was during the Yarid re-fight in the boss rush. I used Thunderstorm as Mallow and defeated all except one Drillbit, and Yarid as well. Upon defeating the remaining Drillbit, the battle did not end. I could do all actions, but when I chose to attack with any of the characters, they would zoom off the the right side of the screen indefinitely. I did find a work around using Mario's jump to attack a single target which remedied the issue.

Second bug was during the FF Boss Rush. After the first fight, the game softlocks. There's no specifics to that one though in terms of gameplay. The only thing I can note really is that I'm using a USA, .smc ROM, but I don't know if that's the cause of the lock.

That's all that I have to report for now.

The first bug was a result of being able to target Yarid on the first turn on which his drill bits come back after being killed at least once.

The second was due to having a bad rom. (It's supposed to be .sfc)

22 minutes ago, smrpg fan07 said:

. . . 200K damage? uhh... I don't understand :/ (dont ask why i have that things in my pc, im from uruguay

Captura de pantalla de 2018-09-17 17:28:29.png

That's 20K, there is a small dot between the zeros, so it actually says "20.0K"

I don't mind which games are you into or which wallpaper are you using for your desktop. The only thing i am concerned is the low res pic you are using for wallpaper lol