longers2

Shadow Palace Advice

10 posts in this topic

Without spoiling anything, i'm trying to get a certain chest in a certain shadow palace so that i can get a certain item. but with you devs being incredibly sadistic, i can't just run in, grab the chest, and run out. and i remember a previous version of the boss was incredibly difficult. so having recently beaten smithy and already cleared some of the easier super bosses, how prepared do i need to be to beat the boss of the shadow palace? i tried fighting it once but got my ass kicked so hard that it hurts to sit.

7 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

You realize you can just leave without opening "the chest", right?

I did not. Thank you, kind sir

35 minutes ago, Nitro said:

That would be thanks to DK, not you

You forget that DK and I talked about it, and I was the one that said "no debuff on galaxy beam".

so before you enter palace of darkness for the first time, rosalina tells you that she can't help you in there due to the power of darkness. the other time we hear her say that was right before the fight with bundt. i know that in PoD, you can't use galaxy star and being wiped causes you to reload your save instead of just being revived by rosalina. but in the bundt fight, you don't even have the galaxy star yet, so that just means that you have to reload if you get wiped. what was the reason for this when every other boss in the normal game allows you to be revived by rosalina?

8 hours ago, longers2 said:

so before you enter palace of darkness for the first time, rosalina tells you that she can't help you in there due to the power of darkness. the other time we hear her say that was right before the fight with bundt. i know that in PoD, you can't use galaxy star and being wiped causes you to reload your save instead of just being revived by rosalina. but in the bundt fight, you don't even have the galaxy star yet, so that just means that you have to reload if you get wiped. what was the reason for this when every other boss in the normal game allows you to be revived by rosalina?

The doomcake's supposed to be blocking her powers.

5 hours ago, longers2 said:

DK was too lazy to reset the events prior to the Doom Cake battle.