longers2

Boss Rush Final Fight

19 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some help with the final boss of the Star Hill boss rush. I'm guessing you want to kill as many of the adds as possible simultaneously, but it's tough when they all absorb a different element. I tried spamming Morning Star, but it was taking me too long to finish the holy add, so they started to respawn before i could really get any damage done on the main boss. part of me is thinking of going all in on magic damage for mario so i can just use galaxy blast for non-elemental damage, but i would have to respec him and do the boss rush all over again.

so yeah, any advice on this fight would be incredibly appreciated!

This is the way I did it.

Make sure you have enough Hyper M. Guards, L.Shroom Shakes (or Final Elixirs), and Kerokerokolas left. You can also throw some Found Illusions in there to help out with the timings, but keep in mind that they have a lot of turns so a single Found Illusion will not be enough so try to save as many as possible.

For most important equipments, have Mario use the Ultima Weapon, Peach could use Lazy Shell and a Speed Bracer (only if you don't use both Mallow and Peach in the same party). The rest is up to you but make sure you equip an armor and accessory combination so that you half elemental damage, and you're immune to mortal blows and status effects.

Now for the strategy, each Luma have 60K HP. Try to deal enough damage to each one of them so that you can defeat them all with a single turn. That way, you'll have more turns to attack her.

Here's were blocking is really important because you don't wanna waste turns reviving people. She have this galaxy attack where she deals massive damage to a single party member. However, if you block that, is more that guaranteed that everyone will survive her AoE attacks. Just heal with Peach and make Mario your primary damage output. He deals INSANELY amounts of damage. Also, make sure you are buffed at all times and with Auto-Life. That's why you should use some Hyper M. Guards.

Don't bother using attacks that lower her defense because she seems to be immune to that. Just keep on repeating this and you should be fine. Like I said, this fight relies A LOT on blocking attacks so make sure you're good at that.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

What attack do you use to kill the lumas all at once?peach only has aoe holy damage, and Mario doesnt deal enough damage with galaxy blast. Or do you just lower them down to a point where a single galaxy blast kills all of them?

1 hour ago, longers2 said:

What attack do you use to kill the lumas all at once?peach only has aoe holy damage, and Mario doesnt deal enough damage with galaxy blast. Or do you just lower them down to a point where a single galaxy blast kills all of them?

FYI, you can respec your level up bonuses from Star Hill.

There are probably lots of strategies for this, but this has to be BY FAR the most frustrating and probably hardest fight of the game.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

2 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

There are probably lots of strategies for this, but this has to be BY FAR the most frustrating and probably hardest fight of the game.

Sorry...

I actually figured out an effective strategy. I beat this shortly after posting, so I may not remember it exactly. I'm pretty sure Galaxy Blast still does 30k damage (or close to it) to the Lumas. so if you have haste on Mario, just spam that and then hit the crap out of Rosalina. I did have to save scum my way through it so that Rosalina didn't one shot any of my party

18 hours ago, longers2 said:

I actually figured out an effective strategy. I beat this shortly after posting, so I may not remember it exactly. I'm pretty sure Galaxy Blast still does 30k damage (or close to it) to the Lumas. so if you have haste on Mario, just spam that and then hit the crap out of Rosalina. I did have to save scum my way through it so that Rosalina didn't one shot any of my party

RIP that strategy tho, since she counters that with Galaxy Blast.

1 hour ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

So, it's been a while since I've played this game and I was wondering, has this fight been rebalanced yet? It did seem impossible in Normal Mode.

That WAS the rebalanced fight. Someone (definitely not me :$) said the fight was a total joke in the initial release of normal mode, so it was buffed.

16 hours ago, Nitro said:

That WAS the rebalanced fight. Someone (definitely not me :$) said the fight was a total joke in the initial release of normal mode, so it was buffed.

Before it got "balanced", this fight was a total joke indeed, but now they over did it and now is impossible. So, I was wondering if it got rebalanced once again so that it's doable.

12 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Before it got "balanced", this fight was a total joke indeed, but now they over did it and now is impossible. So, I was wondering if it got rebalanced once again so that it's doable.

It was not rebalanced a second time.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I can assure you the fight is not impossible.

:calmguy:

21 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I can assure you the fight is not impossible.

:calmguy:

Has someone beaten it yet? I want to see someone winning this fight so I can do the same and beat her. I wanna fullfish my dream.

43 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Has someone beaten it yet? I want to see someone winning this fight so I can do the same and beat her. I wanna fullfish my dream.

I know there are at least two who have beaten her, although neither is on video.

6 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

6 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I know there are at least two who have beaten her, although neither is on video.

I'll record my fight.