Sign in to follow this  
anicocia

Save state request

6 posts in this topic

First off, I wanted to say thanks for this wonderful mod!  I just started playing this a week or so ago and it's been great!  I loved going back through one of my all time favorite RPGs and even considered streaming it. 

Now on to my request - here's the story.  I had just completed Narshe and was going to go into Umaro's Cave, but I decided to call it a night.  I guess I had been using Save States too heavily (I swear I remember saving) and my PC crashed, so I lost my save!  I was reverted all the way back to a pre-FC save file.. I'm not sure if that's because RetroArch doesn't like being force closed, and it didn't "save" any of the saves I had done, or if I really hadn't saved in over 18 hours of gameplay and was relying only on save states.. but alas. 

So what I'm hoping for is that somebody can provide a SaveState that will bring me back to middle of WoR, with at least my core of Cyan/Sabin/Terra/Locke unlocked so I can grind my way back into the game and Esper reset the roster to go back to my setup.  Could somebody provide that?

Second, can I import a SaveState into RetroArch?  Or would I need to use Snes9x?

Lastly, I wanted to thank everybody for reading this and thank the creators of this mod for making such a unique mod that fixed so many of the issues in FF6 and gave me so much joy to revisit! I really am having a blast playing, but I'm really sad about losing my save file.

Thanks everyone!

At what point were you exactly ? What quest did you have left to do ?

I have a save where I had Umaro, Gogo and Locke left to get back, Doom Gaze still not defeated and basically every sidequest that doesn't involve recruiting a character left to (Tower of Fanatic, Cyan's Nightmare and Hidon don't remember if I had defeated any of the dragons tough), would that do ?

Edited by Nesouk

I had Locke done, but hadn't done Umaro or Gogo.  I also hadn't done Tower of Fanatic, Cyan's dream or Hidon.  I had 3/9 dragons completed but that's not a huge deal.  

That save sounds like it would be a great help!  Would I be able to use RetroArch to import (can't find a savestate folder) or would I need to use Snes9x?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yu9sa7j3kfbqdt/Saves.zip?dl=0

Here's a set of .srm files. I'm not sure how exactly Retroarch handles SNES saves as I don't use it for SNES, but for SNES9x, simply drop the .srm file into the saves folder where your emulator should be and rename it to match the ROM's name.

These are all complete saves, as in I gathered everything one could at the time and got all the rages etc. In addition, Shadow is alive in the saves. I'd recommend grabbing the one that's furthest along that matches what you've done but doesn't have anything finish you didn't do (alternatively grab the .srm with the first save after getting the airship)

Also, I'd say to stop using save states for anything other than emergency saves... But that's just me.

Edited by Nowea

Thank you so much!  This helps a lot!  I'll use the one right after you saved Mog, which is basically my save file but you did Umaro for me.  Thanks again and I'll get back to playing this mod today!

If you're using SNES9x check if it created a .oops savestate. If your PC bluescreened or something it may not have had enough time to create this, but it's worth a look. It should save to where your normal save states are saved, but just be aware that when you load a state you have to select "all files" to see the .oops savestate.

SNES9x generates a .oops savestate when you reset the game or load a save state without saving a state for 5 minutes.