Sign in to follow this  
MuteCitizenMaster

A recommendation for Hard Mode

4 posts in this topic

So, Normal mode and Content mode has been a blast, and I can't wait for Hard mode to be released. Just one thing though. Regarding balancing stuff, I feel that most extra bosses (if not all of them) should have double or more of their HP in normal mode.

Spoiler

This is just my opinion, but once you slap on Mario with the Ultima Weapon and the Hyper Wrist, he deals guaranteed 30K damage to debuffed bosses almost all the time. Geno too, boost him up, Bombs Away, and he also deals 30K damage to debuffed bosses. Having both Mario and Geno in your party would mean that you get to wipe out 2 lives for bosses per turn. 

In other words, you can take out most FF bosses in 4 to 5 turns. Taking that in count, you can just rely on having 1 or 2 Hyper Mighty Guards, Galaxy Star, and Celebi for most boss fights, basically making Kerokerokolas, Life Shroom Shakes, and Final Elixirs useless until the god bosses like Rydia, Mysterious Girl, persona girls, etc. 

Anyways, that's all I wanted to let out there. So yeah, I'm hyped for what Hard mode will have to offer.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

From what i remember, each boss from hard mode used to have extra HP, damage and defense in previous versions. Not only that, but FP used to cost a little more, and there might be a chance that some of the Ultimate spells will cost some of your Max FP (Galaxy Blast and Thunderstorm are probably the most powerful spells in this romhack) if Daisy can still raise your Max FP with a certain item

9 hours ago, GWGGeordi said:

From what i remember, each boss from hard mode used to have extra HP, damage and defense in previous versions. Not only that, but FP used to cost a little more, and there might be a chance that some of the Ultimate spells will cost some of your Max FP (Galaxy Blast and Thunderstorm are probably the most powerful spells in this romhack) if Daisy can still raise your Max FP with a certain item

The max FP reduction will most likely not be back as it just introduces more "pointless grinding"

On 27/10/2018 at 6:09 AM, Nitro said:

The max FP reduction will most likely not be back as it just introduces more "pointless grinding"

Yeah, that mechanic was truly bad. I'm glad it was discarted.