NoIdeas4Names

Is it possible to add more characters?

7 posts in this topic

As in, can the engine handle it? Does the current code allow it? Luigi would be relatively simple sprite wise for the most part, just recolor Mario's animations, i'll make Poltergust attack custom sprites if i find it out to be possible to add characters though.

His niche could be inflicting powerful status ailments on enemies, maybe a few buffs too, with above average defense, magic and magic defense but meh offensive stats to balance it out, his ultimate special could be Negative Zone, the animation just a big circle that inverts the colors inside, green fireballs, lightning and such would all be simple spritewise too.

Edited by NoIdeas4Names

5 minutes ago, NoIdeas4Names said:

As in, can the engine handle it? Does the current code allow it? Luigi would be relatively simple sprite wise for the most part, just recolor Mario's animations, i'll make poltergust attack custom sprites if i find it out to be possible to add characters though.

His niche could be inflicting powerful status ailments on enemies, maybe a few buffs too, with above average defense, magic and magic defense but meh offensive stats to balance it out, his ultimate special could be negative zone, the animation just a big circle that inverts the colors inside, green fireballs, lightning and such would all be simple spritewise too.

Yes, adding a character is possible, someone is working on adding Daisy as a 6th character. That's not for Armageddon though, and it hasn't gotten any attention for over a year.

Just now, Nitro said:

Yes, adding a character is possible, someone is working on adding Daisy as a 6th character. That's not for Armageddon though, and it hasn't gotten any attention for over a year.

Nice, would just need to find a good place to add him in, maybe the General Guy fight?

15 minutes ago, NoIdeas4Names said:

Nice, would just need to find a good place to add him in, maybe the General Guy fight?

Luigi joining as a 6th character after beating General Guy?

Just now, Nitro said:

Luigi joining as a 6th character after beating General Guy?

Could be like Peach in the Doom Cake fight, you get fully healed and the menu opens to equip things and switch characters just before the fight begins, with Luigi avaliable. (After would work just fine too, though.)

Edited by NoIdeas4Names

12 minutes ago, NoIdeas4Names said:

Could be like Peach in the Doom Cake fight, you get fully healed and the menu opens to equip things and switch characters just before the fight begins, with Luigi avaliable. (After would work just fine too, though.)

It wouldn't be possible to add an extra character to Armageddon, but if it was, I think DK would do that.

44 minutes ago, Nitro said:

This is a bit misleading... let me explain.

It's technically possible to add dozens of party members, if you can shuffle around all the memory and update all the locations in the assembly.  This is a very difficult and time consuming task.

Even for a 6th party member, so many changes would have to be made to make it work.  Keep in mind everything in the game assumes there are up to 5 party members.

So yeah, with that in mind, there are no plans to add a 6th party member to Armageddon any time soon.