digikid95

Almost every chest in the game, hidden or otherwise is empty!

11 posts in this topic

This is a problem i've had since playing v7. Almost every chest in the game is empty like someone got there before me or something. the hidden ones are already showing and empty as well. Everything else works like its supposed to. It's just the chests and its making me feel like im missing out on some vital items I may need later. Anyone know what could be causing this?

7 minutes ago, digikid95 said:

This is a problem i've had since playing v7. Almost every chest in the game is empty like someone got there before me or something. the hidden ones are already showing and empty as well. Everything else works like its supposed to. It's just the chests and its making me feel like im missing out on some vital items I may need later. Anyone know what could be causing this?

What kind of rom are you using and what emulator are you using? Have you patched anything else to the same rom previously?

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What kind of rom are you using and what emulator are you using? Have you patched anything else to the same rom previously?

I'm using Usa version 1.0 of the rom and im using Snes9X v1.56.2. No I haven't. It was a fresh rom that I applied the patch to.

20 minutes ago, digikid95 said:

I'm using Usa version 1.0 of the rom and im using Snes9X v1.56.2. No I haven't. It was a fresh rom that I applied the patch to.

How did you patch Armageddon?

Just now, digikid95 said:

I used the official lunar IPS patcher just like I always have.

Hm, I don't know what could be wrong, then.

20 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Did you give the patched rom a new name?  It sounds like you mixed and matched save files between versions.

you know... I think thats it. I didn't change it but the rom I used already had a different name given to it. Is there a way to reverse it without losing my save or will I have to do a clean sweep and start over?

51 minutes ago, digikid95 said:

you know... I think thats it. I didn't change it but the rom I used already had a different name given to it. Is there a way to reverse it without losing my save or will I have to do a clean sweep and start over?

Probably the latter.

5 hours ago, digikid95 said:

Your save was unfortunately already lost from the beginning.  :alone:

2 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Your save was unfortunately already lost from the beginning.  :alone:

And so I found out . oh well. I had just made it to the boss just before smithy to. I found an official rom and copied the name and renamed my rom to it and that seems to have fixed it :D