SoulSpaghetti32

Version 9 Guide/Help

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I just started playing this mod 2 weeks ago and I think it's AWESOME. You can really see the hard work that's been put into the 9 different versions and it really is top of the line.

Anyway, I noticed Version 9 has some significant differences from what's in this Version 8 guide:

http://ngplus.net/InsaneDifficultyArchive/www.insanedifficulty.com/board/indexab10.html?/topic/7319-the-ultimate-game-content-spoiler-q-a-thread-v80/

Has anyone made a Version 9 guide?

Has anyone compiled a list of the Version 9 bosses/locations?

Is there still a way to upgrade armor in Version 9?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

As far as I can tell, the superbosses in v9 are all in the same locations as in v8. However, until you beat Smithy, they either don't appear or can't be fought, depending on the boss. Magikoopa no longer upgrades armor, and I don't believe anyone else fills the role. Also notable is that you now earn most of your spells by defeating superbosses rather than by leveling up.

Edited by pinkzeppelincult

Lol, Frog Gandi made me laugh. I've taken his advice, but now he's pointing me to 2 bosses in the Sea that I can't beat.

I've played through the main game and beaten Smithy. I beat the solo bosses for each char. Of the super bosses, I've beaten General Guy,, Ultima, Shiva, Ozma, Yiazmat (and Long Gui), the 3 fairy pokemon, the 2 pokemon in Nimbus, and that's all I can remember.

I figured I needed to upgrade armor to get further, but maybe I just need to get good, haha!

8 minutes ago, SoulSpaghetti32 said:

I figured I needed to upgrade armor to get further, but maybe I just need to get good, haha!

Pay attention to the elements a boss uses.  The difference between resisting an element and being weak to it is a factor of 8!