Sign in to follow this  
Taylor_778

Videos

11 posts in this topic

Sweegy Woods

Spoiler

New Chapter 5 battle.  He's not much for doing damage.  Mostly status.  

Gariland

Spoiler

Next chapter 5 battle.  Are squids supposed to have such low MP?  I checked my chapter 2 save and Lvl 10 squid has 40 mp.

Edited by Taylor_778

Are squids supposed to have such low MP?  I checked my chapter 2 save and Lvl 10 squid has 40 mp.

Yes.  Squids have Siphon, which means they don't actually need to use MP to cast anything.  As part of the balancing for MP as a whole, their MP is towards the low end to give them a weakness to invert.

Full chart:

Group A is the Ignite weaknesses/usually heals from Invert.  Group B are secondary Ignite targets/primary casters.  Group C is secondary Invert targets/semi-casters  Group D is the Invert weaknesses/usually not targeted by Ignite.  

MPchart.jpg

Oh right, I forgot about Siphon!  Was thinking they couldn't even cast some of their spells.

Chapter 5 Gariland Part 2

Spoiler

If I don't let them kill the plague would he have the option to join me after the fight?

Gonna see how far I can get with no AoE damaging more than 1 enemy at a time, unless it's by a reaction like counter magic.  Now I'll have to use different strategies than just dropping big meteors and summons that I did quite a bit.  

New playthrough

Spoiler

Not much changed for chapter 1 but I threw it all together anyway.  

Edited by Taylor_778

Oh my..  First thought to come to mind = how will you beat Finath? :o (I guess you'll figure that out when you get there)

Can't seem to start the 2nd battle at Limberry after I beat Celia and Lede at the gate.  Never had this issue before.  Something wrong on my end?

Edited by Taylor_778

This has been fixed several versions ago. :P  There's no more post on the forums to announce new versions (i'm on 2.55 now) since this site's change log actually works, unlike ID.

Copied from the FAQ:

Mind Shield - Damage taken by this unit is reduced by 1% for every 2% of MP is lost by the unit.  This is fractional reduction based on mp current to unit (it does not stack with itself).  Division truncates, so the case of odd numbers in calculation will give the additional point of damage to the attacker.  Only affects XA*YA based formulas.

So for example, you have 800 max mp, and 600 current.  You've lost 25% of your mp, so damage is reduced by 12.5%.  If the damage dealt would have been a fraction, such as 90.4 damage, it will round up to 91.

Alright, made it back to where I was in Chapter 5.  Here's the first new battle I hadn't seen yet.

Spoiler

Switching back to my anything goes save. Murond Temple Part 2 and 3.

Spoiler

Chapter 5 Goug Slums

Spoiler

Ch. 5 Zigolis Swamp

Spoiler

Edited by Taylor_778