Sign in to follow this  
break

Anymore Updates in 2018 ?

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday

-- First question, will there be any new updates/releases in 2018 ?

From my understanding, version 1.8.3 is the last public release of this game.

However, it seems that a version 2.0.0 release continues to be hinted at.

-- Second question, is this still true ?

I recall a lot of work was being done with creating and inserting new music/sounds into this game

But I can not recall if this was put on hold to fix the bugs

And rebalance the different difficulties in the current (version 1.8.3) release

-- Third question, how is the progress going with the new release ?

On the last update, the team seemed to be taking a break from the project to handle/manage some life events

More or less asking if the team is currently investing more time/energy into this project.

Edited by break
hmm..

Yo! Sorry for the semi-late response, still getting rid of this holiday hangover heheh.

Version 2.0 didn't make it in 2018 as was planned, but it's super close to being ready to release. I'm now basically just waiting on one final issue/bug to be addressed and corrected in the next few days hopefully, and that'll be all she wrote for this update. What's been/was taking forever was my buddy James White who does all the spritework for the portraits and monsters etc. took on the mammoth challenge of re-drawing or creating a new sprite all together every single monster sprite in the game that was not his work, such as the record keeper rips etc. But sadly he's unable to continue doing this due to a variety of not-so-good real life stuff. Hopefully someday he'll be able to finish them all, but it won't be for a long time if ever. He was able to bang out quite a few though! So that's good.

Anyway, 2.0 is definitely gonna drop here soon and is quite a large update indeed!

Edited by Gi Nattak

On 1/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, Gi Nattak said:

Yo! Sorry for the semi-late response, still getting rid of this holiday hangover heheh.

Version 2.0 didn't make it in 2018 as was planned, but it's super close to being ready to release. I'm now basically just waiting on one final issue/bug to be addressed and corrected in the next few days hopefully, and that'll be all she wrote for this update. What's been/was taking forever was my buddy James White who does all the spritework for the portraits and monsters etc. took on the mammoth challenge of re-drawing or creating a new sprite all together every single monster sprite in the game that was not his work, such as the record keeper rips etc. But sadly he's unable to continue doing this due to a variety of not-so-good real life stuff. Hopefully someday he'll be able to finish them all, but it won't be for a long time if ever. He was able to bang out quite a few though! So that's good.

Anyway, 2.0 is definitely gonna drop here soon and is quite a large update indeed!

This is awesome news! I gotta actually finish the game this time. lol I got so close last time but I think I got stuck at the top of the Cult...er, Reptile Tower and I could not beat the boss. I can't even remember why now but I couldn't win and I couldn't see a way out. I don't think you can Teleport or Warp out of there? It's been a while. Either way that was o my old PC which died so I need to start a new game anyhow.

Here's hoping this new run goes better and I can beat the whole thing.

Also kinda hoping that the Esper restriction patch might work. Or I might have to put that challenge upon myself.  I was curious if you could beat the game without giving everyone Cure spells or the like but apparently you can so I need to do that.

Hi! First post since the site has moved over here to ngplus, had a few posts here and there on the old site. Any news on when 2.0 could possibly drop? Was thinking of booting up the old psp and giving RotDS another run but I'm unsure if I want to keep grinding through where I left my previous insane playthrough on or maybe wait for a hard mode run on the new 2.0 build if it were to come out soon.

Whether it gets released or not I would like to say that RotDS will likely remain my go-to for most of my remaining FF6 playthroughs going forward. I feel it's the optimal balance of new experiences/characters/storylines along with the great benefits that choosable difficulties brings (honestly, I wish more JRPG mods encompassed multiple difficulty options at the start) and would like to thank you and your collaborators for all the work you've done bringing this comprehensive mod to fruition.

Hello! RotDS 2.0 is definitely still in the works, it's just taking much longer than first thought. Everything that is going into it is good to go, there's mainly one bug left to correct and Madsiur will have time to do it in May, once the school semester has ended. It's a purely cosmetic bug, but is quite an eyesore under certain circumstance. In the meantime things are being tested and polished up here and there as much as possible. Thanks for the kind words about the hack. :) 

Edited by Gi Nattak