Sign in to follow this  
rpschamp

Swordmaster Teammates

7 posts in this topic

Tired of picking the Lord every time I play Duran, I would like to start a new group based around the Swordmaster, one of Duran's more interesting classes, and I am brainstorming potential partners. The Ninja Master should be able to help with the Swordmaster's final weapon, but what about a third teammate? Heal Light is conspicously missing. Among the early healers, Carlie or Kevin seem somehow redundant with sabers or attack power. Lise could provide the missing buffs and a later Heal Light, but I can't think of a use for her final weapon besides maybe spamming darts or other cheap consumables. Angela would also be fun here and make the team extremely offensive, but her only class with Heal Light would be largely redundant in terms of sabers and buffs.

Has anybody built a successful or unsuccessful team around the Swordmaster? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Edited by rpschamp

hmmm... maybe try Vanadise (the final weapon is supposed to go with her summon spell, actually Swordmaster should be a perfect match to give her full elemental coverage) and Necromancer (black curse, tinkle rain and saber-boostable spells)

Yeah, upon rethinking, Vanadies should be his essential teammate. (Are there any purchaseable physical items she can make use of apart from darts, hand axes, and pumpkin bombs?) The third would be either Ninja Master for all debuffs, Analyze, and strong saberable fighting or Arch Mage for Power/Mind Down, Antimagic, and strong elemental magic damage. Hawk would be great with the sabers, but Angela would help a lot with damage type variety since all of Hawks spells go against physical defense.... (With Arch Mage's final weapon casting against weakness the buff and saber boosts are essentially doubled!)

Edited by rpschamp

On 5.1.2019 at 0:12 PM, praetarius5018 said:

hmmm... maybe try Vanadise (the final weapon is supposed to go with her summon spell, actually Swordmaster should be a perfect match to give her full elemental coverage) and Necromancer (black curse, tinkle rain and saber-boostable spells)

This team is otherwise amazing, but it doesn't have Anti-Magic. Therefore, rather than taking Necromancer, you may consider taking Archmage or Evil Shaman instead. The former gets multitargettable level 2 elemental spells, Anti-Magic, Mind Down, Power Down and Aura Wave, while the latter gets level ~2 summons, Anti-Magic, Ghost Road (MT Power Down), Demon Breath (MT Mind Down), Lunatic (max HP down), Transshape and an additional Protect Up.

I decided to go with Vanadies and Arch Mage. Dark Carlie would work too, but I prefer Angela. If Hawk's jutsus worked against MDef I'd consider the Ninja Master, but Duran will have enough good weapons to choose from to justify sacrificing his equipment slots to max out his final weapon.

Planning this team also got me thinking more about the Dragon Master. Propagating weakness to Moon Saber would be great for fighters to keep their HP up against bosses, though this would probably work better overall with God Hand.

Edited by rpschamp

Also, I may have caught an error in the documentation: do Dart and Hand Axe really do the same damage (1.5 × LVL), or does Hand Axe do more?

Edited by rpschamp