Soulofsteel

Shiny flower

13 posts in this topic

Inventory the friendly NPCs you've met. Even if you can't think of who it is, you'll find them eventually if you just keep playing. (There may or may not be another event you need to trigger as well before they'll help you—I'm not sure.) 

Edited by pinkzeppelincult

Oh that's a relief. Out of curiosity, who the heck was I supposed to give it to? And kinda curious as to why the thing that gave me 99 fp up from 70 was in the same place as the flower, seems like the functionality of one or the other should be changed.

6 hours ago, Soulofsteel said:

Oh that's a relief. Out of curiosity, who the heck was I supposed to give it to? And kinda curious as to why the thing that gave me 99 fp up from 70 was in the same place as the flower, seems like the functionality of one or the other should be changed.

The person to talk to would have been Rosalina.

And remember, you can walk past the chest at the end of the Palace of Shadow.

The Shadow Queen is massively harder than the Dark Dayzees.  Originally, there were spells that reduced your maximum FP, so you'd need to use another flower to get it back to max.  Since SQ was one of the fights this was expected to be the case, maxing out your FP was supposed to be a bonus to let you skip the flower.

Reducing the player's max FP was removed though, so that's how we got to the current situation.  Hope that explains things!

Yep makes sense now, thanks for the replies. Rosalina was my first guess too, glad I'm not a total airhead for that one hehe. 

Edit: one last thought, is there any chance to add a warp to Bowser's keep so that you don't have to go through it every time you want to get to where magikoopa is? 

Edited by Soulofsteel

6 minutes ago, Soulofsteel said:

Yep makes sense now, thanks for the replies. Rosalina was my first guess too, glad I'm not a total airhead for that one hehe. 

Edit: one last thought, is there any chance to add a warp to Bowser's keep so that you don't have to go through it every time you want to get to where magikoopa is? 

There's already a warp near the save point.

.......so there is. Was expecting a shiny thing like at the gate warp. Well I got real good at all the puzzles, did em like 8 times before I found that lol.

8 hours ago, Soulofsteel said:

.......so there is. Was expecting a shiny thing like at the gate warp. Well I got real good at all the puzzles, did em like 8 times before I found that lol.

Now THAT's dedication!

On 7/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, Doomsday31415 said:

Tries not to think of the number of times he's done those puzzles...

You can call them puzzles because they test your patience lol