Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rpschamp

Deathless weapons

5 posts in this topic

I'm working on a no-death playthrough and hope to test the deathless weapons. A couple questions about what actually counts as death in this case:

1) Are there any status alterations that count as death (the documentation indicates as much for petrify)?

2) Are there any deaths that do not count as death (deaths recovered by statues or inns, instant deaths, death by trap)?

Enjoying the eff out of your remake. Thanks as always!

1) Only when your HP drops to 0.
Petrify only counts as "death" for the sake of triggering game over.

2) No.

3) Traps from treasure chests also add death penalty on higher difficulties (tough, starting at Lv36).
This will ofc. also affect the "death" related items.

Gorva's Death Spell - Is there any way to avoid or resist this at this point in the game (Ghost Ship) apart from stacking Red Moon Horns?

1) overlevelling/compensating with Red Moon Horns [won't work too well against endgame bosses, final bosses are flat out too high for this]

2) undead armor you can buy on ghost ship, but then you'll have a problem with healing

3) Wishbone you'll be able to buy soon after

4) killing him before he uses it - kinda goes hand in hand with 1

Yeah, undead armor is not really useful here due to the length of the battle and need to heal. Unless you have both Angela and Carlie spamming Holy Ball, I think the only way to win this battle completely deathless at this point in the game is to stack Red Moon Horns until Death Spell doesn't work. Instead, I just re-fought the battle until Death Spell landed on Angela, who should benefit least often from the deathless weapon melee enhancement.

On a side note, I have come to appreciate my Chibikko bug. I happened to trigger it right before the boss fight, and I have to say, the psychedelic landscape of random flashing fluorescent characters made fighting a less challenging boss like Gorva much more exciting. It turns out that saving and resetting restores the game to normal, so as long as I'm willing to play with through the crazy visuals, I can keep my progress when it's important. In the future, I may use the Chibikko Hammer to intentionally trigger this effect during parts of the game that tend to drag. At some point I'll try to figure out how to record the effect so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.