BTB

Brave New World 2.0 - Beta Thread

200 posts in this topic

Thanks to seibaby for testing insights:

Being Blinded while Jumping causes Jump to respect row; this is the cause of dealing half damage in this circumstance(proc damage is affected as well).

Normal damage without blind was ~650, Front Row+Blind was ~650, Back Row+Blind was ~325. (Dark) Proc was about 3100 Normal, 1400 Blinded(wasn't paying too close attention to normal proc, might have been less than 3100, either way, it probably falls within variance).

Edited by Cecil188
Additional information regarding damage dealt.

11 hours ago, Endarire said:

Learning of Cyan's Dream's MagiTek's removal made me post in disapproval.

The alternative is every fight taking forever because your regular attacks have been replaced with Tek Laser.

They served no real purpose. There was no point to them, not even from a flavor standpoint, since no OTHER MagiTek armor ever used those attacks. 

On 24/02/2019 at 3:16 AM, BTB said:

• Shadow initializes with 999 MP (fixed in RC-13)

I got this on RC 20 litteraly just recruit him before going to Thamasa open the menu and saw he has 999MP Max.

Just now, Nesouk said:

I got this on RC 20 litteraly just recruit him before going to Thamasa open the menu and saw he has 999MP Max.

When did you start your save file? The problem was related to his MP being affected whenever certain attacks were used, so it could have been affected long before you ever reached him.

Spoiler

unknown.png

RC19: Ran through sealed cave with Terra/Edgar/Gau/Sabin in that order, after sealed cave, gau adopted interceptor. (This might have been to a save editor to fix Shadows MP, Will return to this on a fresh RC in the future).

Balance thoughts:

~RC11
Nashe to Returners Hideout
Everything was pretty simple. Edgar ACBs, terra heals/fires, Locke stabs, Sabin Flexes. No weird wipes that I can remember to countering. No damage seemed really off.

Split Scenarios
Sabin's scenario damage felt maybe a tad high? Considering Sabin and Shadow can be pretty paper early they can get hit with good damage against enemy groups that have more offensive set ups or stronger counters. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, the player at this point should be realizing counters/AI changes without ever being told about them.
I don't remember any such difficulty in Locke's and Terra's scenarios. Both seemed easier than Sabins by a good margin. Might be worth looking into.

Narshe to zozo
Game starts picking up a bit here giving you some choices. I tried using chars I don't typically use, and it paid off. Gau might actually need a small nerf on some of his rages. Leafer makes most battles pretty trivial. Gold starts becoming a major concern for a hoarder like me. I'd pretty consistently turn off xp for a bit to get my gold up just to grab extra stuff. I think it could get buffed up a bit without making it too overabundant. Zozo was pretty simple. Using Gau and Locke to clear/steal supplies, Celes for healing, Sabin to finish up anything. Dadaluma seems to be in a good place.

~RC 16/19
Opera to Cranes
Cyan, Gau, Locke, Celes. Gau carries, Cyan thous, Locke steals/dual wields, Celes supports. Visited both towns before going to vector for some supplies and equipment. Farmed some GP with xp off to afford just about 1 of everything. Had to be a bit conservative with certain enemy combos. Would generally take a battle or two to feel out counters/ais and go from there. Factory might feel a tad easier than over world battles as mentioned by someone in I believe the discord. Shiva/Ifrit weren't bad at all. N.24 wasn't bad with abusing his human weakness. Minecart and boss was a tad annoying. Cranes were much easier than I remember way back when.

Sealed Cave to Thamasa
Terra, Gau, Edgar, Sabin. Gau teams up with Sabin and Edgar for clear. Terra supports. Gau finally starts to feel balanced a bit here. Sabin starts to really come into his own. In the future I'll probably run someone else instead of Edgar here. Hardest part was the "boss battle" added. Thamasa was no issue at all. Overworld feels about as hard as the burning house and mountain. Had no issues at Ultros. Health could maybe come down a small bit to not over extend the fight.

Air battle / FC
Celes, Gau, Sabin + Shadow
The gauntlet getting up wasn't too bad. Ultros and Chupon were IMO harder than the air boss. FC is a mixed bag. Every single enemy has the chance to down you if you're not prepared for this or play lazily. I personally like it, the game suddenly feels like it's letting you know "This is the challenge, this is where the game starts. The gloves are off, figure it out!" Maybe it was my party, equip, esper levels, but that's how it felt. Having said that, everything has some kind of counter. Statuses suddenly become very effective now that there's challenge and your party isn't quickly wiping out encounters. Atma weapon was bugged during my attempt of it, causing the whole party to get multi statused badly. As I was writing this out that's been fixed. Even with the statuses with some save stating was able to just barely squeak out a victory.

That'll be all for now. Been collecting people in WoR and haven't had any big issues so far, will try to wrap that up before the weekend and then will attempt another play through with different set ups and taking more comprehensive notes.

11 hours ago, Cecil188 said:

Thanks to seibaby for testing insights:

Being Blinded while Jumping causes Jump to respect row; this is the cause of dealing half damage in this circumstance(proc damage is affected as well).

Normal damage without blind was ~650, Front Row+Blind was ~650, Back Row+Blind was ~325. (Dark) Proc was about 3100 Normal, 1400 Blinded(wasn't paying too close attention to normal proc, might have been less than 3100, either way, it probably falls within variance).

This information should make the issue much easier to fix.

Spoiler

Instagir is impable, this causes the sprite to not load properly on swtich. If his sprite isn't loaded, slow and bumrush will black screen and soft lock the game (Not in vid).
(Added a potential fix to RC-22 - needs testing.)

Edited by BTB

On 2/24/2019 at 2:16 AM, BTB said:

Intangir's (AKA "SrBehemoth") mid-battle switch can crash the game if the "esper" spell select is being loaded at the same time (this may be a vanilla bug... needs testing)

I'm unable to replicate this in vanilla (if I'm doing it right). I tried it a couple of different ways:

• Opening esper menu right before death of the first SrBehemoth and leaving it open
  • Opening esper menu just as the second SrBehemoth appears
  • Opening and closing esper menu repeatedly during the transition time

I was always able to clear the fight normally.
(Yep, this looks like a bug specific to 2.0. I've informed Madsiur, as he created the hack that is responsible.)

Edited by BTB

unknown.png?width=1213&height=682

So basically steals are wonky, Cainen tested it out and found out that positioning of the enemy seems to be key. This bug involves you stealing from any enemy that has steals and when you successfully steal the item it just shows "Doesn't have anything!" but even after that failed steal Locke gets a free turn, which means you stole something.

Cainen:

Yes

Steal is actually going through

...and then it unfucked itself in the middle of a fight.

wut.

Hmm

Slot 1

enemies

Stealing from slot 2 does not screw up

which is how i know i got a multiguard

hmm, okay

slot 3 is also broken

The "couldn't steal" message is definitely being overwritten by it no matter what though

1 hour ago, Cross said:

So basically steals are wonky, Cainen tested it out and found out that positioning of the enemy seems to be key. This bug involves you stealing from any enemy that has steals and when you successfully steal the item it just shows "Doesn't have anything!" but even after that failed steal Locke gets a free turn, which means you stole something.

Regarding this bug, I just want to document that it is game-breaking during Locke's scenario. He can't steal clothes from Merchants. You will have to revert to RC-20 to get past that segment.
(This narrows things down a LOT since it means that the steal bug is RC-21 only and RC-21 only changed one thing.)

Edited by BTB

I know this isn't exactly a new issue, but death immunity isn't functioning right for me.

I've got seraph equipped to celes and she's still getting zombie'd by plantpires

Kagenui still procs even if Shadow misses (RC21).

Also Cecil reported the same thing happens to missing with Sketch: Sketch misses but still happens.

Going to see if it happens with anything else.

Also, Opinicus's Surge hits for 600-700 to the whole party so it's pretty brutal on turn 1. 

Edited by Deschain

So I had to restart my all game might as well give proper full feedback anyway :

Narshe :
-Fight on Magitek Armors including Whelk are all Tek Lasers spam, you can almost do the all section with fast forward activate, but that's fine.
-Terra alone is as straightforward as before Fire MT when there is rat and normal attacks for the Repo Man.
-Rescuing Terra section is really easy, even the boss fall pretty quickly.

Figaro to figaro's cave :
-Not having Bio Blaster is good the early is finally not a Bio Blaster spam ^^
-Mobs on World Map are fine as first area mobs nothing special to talk about.
-Figaro's cave mobs however are all getting one shot by MT Fire, there's really no point doing anything else.

South Figaro mob fight :
-Rhyhorn are the first worth using Noiseblaster for me.
-The Foamies die quickly with Fire (their counter with Harvester is interesting tough)
-The Mechanix ae take care of by Edgar's Autocrossbow and MT Fire

Mount Koltz :
-Trillium have an interesting counter (Raid) however in a fight with only 2 of them Locke is made completly useless in this formation.
-Tusker getting confuse when hit by fire weakness is a nice mechanic and they have enough HP to make it worth it.
-Vaporite doesn't seem to do anything special outside of blowing up.
-Condor need to be taken off first to avoid Gale Cut. 
-Scrapper are made easier once we get the Butterfly for Locke
-Getting a Stout Spear for Edgar in this place now is neat, altough it makes Edgar quite hard to kill with HP+25% considering Edgar already have good option in back Row (Jump and Autocrossbow)
-Vargas is very easy just Noiseblaster the Bears, MT Fire and attack until they die and for Vargas Locke does good damage with Butterfly and Edgar does good with Jump, Terra on heal duty.

Lethe River :
-Nautiloid's MT Tentacle spam can kill Banon quite easily especially if he is already damage from a previous battle (since we can't heal out of battle in that section), making fight with 2 Nautiloid potentially scary.
-Albatross are more a help to us than anything else just have to confuse them and eventually they wil Fireball on them and their allies.
-Exocite aren't dangerous
-Ultros just Pummel to Sap him and then Fire with Terra, Attack with Sabin, Jump with Edgar and Health with Banon it's almost possible to just hold the validation button until he die with that ^^

Stop here for now.

[caption #619]
Statuses affecting a character's speed are indicated by color changes to their ATB bar.<EOP>
Green  = [Haste] (Speed up!)
Yellow = [Slow] (Speed down!)
Red     = [Stop] (Hammer time!)<EOP>
Glowing auras surrounding a character indicate defensive statuses (if more than one is present, they will cycle).<EOP>
Yellow = [Safe]
Green  = [Shell]
Blue    = [Rflect]<EOP>
[Safe] and [Shell] raise your defense against physical and magical attacks, respectively.<EOP>
[Reflect] repels most magical attacks that don't forcibly aim for more than one target, but may break when it does so.<EOP>
It also does not work on spells randomly cast from weapons or [Reflected] off another target

[caption #812]
There used to be ships sailing to the southern continent_ but that was before the Empire took control

Both of these captions are missing a period.

(You're playing an old RC; these were both fixed awhile ago.)

Edited by BTB

Tzen does not sell the Hyper Wrist in the WoR.
(Fixed in RC-22)

Bouncy Balls do 0 damage.
(Added to bug list)

Polarity seems to only have a graphical effect, and does not change the actual row of the target.
(Likely got fixed with the RC-22 shit. Can someone confirm?)

Steal often doesn't display that the enemy has been relieved of an item, but the Steal command is still perfectly functional anyways.
(Confirmed fixed in RC-22)

Edited by BTB

12 hours ago, Bropedio said:

Regarding this bug, I just want to document that it is game-breaking during Locke's scenario. He can't steal clothes from Merchants. You will have to revert to RC-20 to get past that segment.
(This narrows things down a LOT since it means that the steal bug is RC-21 only and RC-21 only changed one thing.)

Oh, so that's what you meant.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, BTB said:

• The "unequip" NPC in the scenario select screen appears on the same tile that Mog spawns on (fixed in RC-4; RC-22 should hide him when a scenario is selected - needs testing)

He still isn't hiding when selecting a scenario.

2019-03-08 08_10_26-SNES - Ffvi Bnw Rc-22.png

Isis' Love Token doesn't actually do anything in RC22.  It gets applied to an ally but they never block attacks for Isis.
(Can't replicate, even on Cainen's end at this point. RC-23/24 will introduce some improved mechanics for Love Token, however, so this is something worth keeping an eye on.)

Edited by BTB

I killed a bunch of Zozoians. Here's some numbers.

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC19-22 Playtest Notes
3/4/2019-3/9/2019
Edgar Damage Tests

Level 9 +0 Magic
Junkie: 268 (not OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 442-452 (not OHKO)
SlamDancer: 442 (not OHKO)

Level 9 +2 Mag (Bracelet)
Junkie: 290-318 (potential OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 426-478 (not OHKO)

Level 9 +5 Mag (White Cape)
Junkie: 340 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 456-498 (not OHKO)

Level 9 +7 Mag (Magic Cube)
Junkie: 314-348 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 480-518 (potential OHKO Hobo)

Level 9 +12 Mag (Magic Cube+White Cape(I skipped +9/10 Mag, sue me))
Junkie: 342-386 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 512-582 (OHKO Hobos)

Level 10 +0 Mag
Junkie: 290-308 (potential OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 454-490 (probably not OHKO Hobos)

Level 10 +2 Mag (Bracelet)
Junkie: 304-314 (OHKO, note: 2 data points)
Hobo: 470-516 (Maybe OHKO Hobos)

Level 10 +5 Mag (White Cape)
Junkie: 322-352 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 490-510 (Potential OHKO Hobo)

Level 10 +7 Mag (Magic Cube)
Junkie: 352-368 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 520-544 (OHKO Hobo)

Level 10 +12 Mag (White Cape+Magic Cube)
Junkie: 376-414 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 564-620 (OHKO Hobo; Potential OHKO SlamDancer)

Level 10 +12 Mag (White Cape+Magic Cube)
Junkie: 376-414 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 554-630 (OHKO Hobo; Potential OHKO SlamDancer)

Level 11 +0 Mag
Junkie: 330-350 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 496-516 (Potential OHKO Hobo)

Level 11 +2 Mag (Bracelet)
Junkie: 324-366 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 494-550 (Potential OHKO Hobo)

Level 11 +5 Mag (White Cape)
Junkie: 364-388 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 530-590 (OHKO Hobo)

Level 11 +7 Mag (Magic Cube)
Junkie: 378-396 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 558-614 (OHKO Hobo, Potential OHKO SlamDancer)

Level 11 +12 Mag (Magic Cube and White Cape)
Junkie: 396-444 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 600-678 (OHKO Hobo, Most Likely OHKO SlamDancer)

Level 12 +0 Mag
Junkie: 340-362 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 494-546 (Potential OHKO Hobos)

Level 12 +2 Mag
Junkie: 356-388 (OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 518-588 (OHKO Hobos)

Level 12 +5 Mag
Junkie: 370-402 (Still OHKO)
Hobo/SlamDancer: 578-600 (Good enough, OHKO Hobos, Potential OHKO Slamdancers)

Level 12 +7 Mag
Junkie: Guess
Hobo/SlamDancer: 586-640 (OHKO Hobos, potential OHKO SlamDancers)

Level 12 +10 Mag
Junkie: Paste
Hobo/SlamDancer: 618-690 (OHKO Both)

Bug #1: Scan will sometimes spit out garbage after appropriate scans.

Bug #2: Demonsbane and Tarot don't play the X animation on an instant kill proc.

I'm guessing this might be a vanilla bug, but on the Thamasa continent, I came across a formation of an admantite and 2 cephalids in a Side Attack, and if Locke (who's in the topmost slot, which put him on the top right) attacked the cephalid on the right, he'll turn around and face backwards after his first attack lands (dunno if dual wielding makes a difference or not- one time his first weapon procced, and he turned around before the proc effect began).  He'll stay facing backwards until he's given another command.  I'm guessing this has to do with the X coordinates of the attacking unit and the enemy, since it didn't happen when Locke attacked the other two monsters, or when Strago attacked that right cephalid.

Also, there's a formation of three cephalids where one of em is off screen in a pincer attack.  This was all in RC23 btw

Screenshot from 2019-03-11 00-09-34.png

Screenshot from 2019-03-11 00-44-56.png

Screenshot from 2019-03-11 00-20-51.png

Edited by mewannabetatest

Short batch of notes from Opera House to just before Vector.

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC23
3/10/2019
Opera House->Southern Continent Shopping

Brought Sabin and Gau to the Opera House. Sabin rocked Hell/Poison Claws/Bandana/Ninja Gear/Black Belt/Knight's Cape/Golem. Locke had Full Moonx2/Green Beret/Ninja Gear/Sprint Shoes/Thief Glove and Gau had Targe/Bandana/Ninja Gear/Magic Cube/Stat Stick. Locke is Level 15, Gau is 13 and Sabin is 12. Locke has put 6 ELs in Ramuh, but Sabin and Gau are at 0 ELs since they missed the Zozo party (Celes has 6 ELs unspent because I'm waiting for Phantom). 

I have way too much money so I'm not really going to mention what I've purchased anymore. I'll mention if money starts to get tight, but I don't see that happening with 91k after I backtracked for things I'd held off on. 

Gau annihilated the Rats with Albatross or Leafer. Sabin was good for pincers, but wasn't any more effective than Locke against the 5 rat pack. I had time at the end to give Sabin and Gau each 3 ELs in Stray and teach them both Imp, as well as give Locke his Healing Shiv and Targe back. Otherwise same levels as before, rats seem to be intended to help with SP/ELs, nice. 

Ultros 2 was handled easily with Gau in Stray Cat, Sabin Pummeling and then Clawing and Locke mostly stabbing people's HP to full (I forgot that Aura Bolt was available here). Imp Song was used twice and missed Gau both times and Sabin once. I just left Locke as an Imp since his stabs were still pretty much full heals.

Bought a Gale Hairpin to go with Celes's Back Guard. She also has Iron Cutlass/Targe/Green Beret/Mythril Vest/Siren and is level 12. Ran around to Tzen/Maranda. ChickenLips is deadly, especially if one Muddles Gau and then you eat multiple AoEs. Wyverns were pretty pushed as well. Got two Scimitars for Celes, 2 Ocean Claws for Sabin and upgraded Sabin and Gau's Bandanas to Tiger Masks. Also bought a White Dress, but haven't put it on Celes yet.

Celes, Gau and Sabin are all level 14, Locke is 16. Sabin and Gau have 4 ELs in Stray, Locke has 6 in Ramuh and Celes has 6 ready to spend on Phantom.

More, now up to Cranes

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC24
3/11/2019
Vector->Cranes

See my last post for gear and levels. Wow, Wyvern nerf may have gone too far, although Gau and Sabin having Tiger Masks also helps.

Bought a set of elemental swords in Vector and gave Celes an Elec Sword. I got lucky in my first 5 Onion Kid fight and got a Stat Hat. Then I swapped Locke's gear around, going with Dual Switchblades, Stat Hat and White Cap+Thief Glove for maximum speed and a little insurance for Mugging Onion Kids. Also swapped out Sabin's Black Belt for a Life Bell and Celes's Scimitar for a Full Moon, because counters complicate stealing, ahem, 'treasure hunting.' Then I got quite a bit luckier and picked up 3 more Stat Hats from the next 5 Onion Kid fight, so now everyone's wearing them.

Sabin picked up Fire Dance in here, pretty good timing. Spirit has been great here, helping Celes keep her MP full and helping whittle down larceny targets before I kill them. Even before Fire Dance, the enemies here were pretty tame. I left the first area with 10 Stat Hats, only need 2 more :).

Before fighting Shiva/Ifrit, I put a Flametongue on Celes and an Icebrand on Locke, both with a Scimitar off-hand and in the front row. Sabin got his Black Belt back too. Locke is level 18, Celes is 16 and the others are 15. Locke has 7 Ramuh ELs, while Sabin and Gau have 6 in Stray. Celes still has no ELs.

I actually wiped on my first attempt at Shiva/Ifrit, Chill and Fever were wrecking me, so I swapped Celes and Locke's Off-Hands to Full Moon. Gau also decided to use Ram instead of Sun Bath three turns in a row... Once I stopped drawing all the counters, I just wailed on Ifrit with Locke, Celes Runic'd and Sabin Slowed the pair when Runic was down or joined Locke in attacking Ifrit. Gau mostly Rammed stuff...and now I check the PrintMe and see that Rhydon and Vulture are 1/3 Healing, oops.

Upon reaching 024, Gau and Sabin had hit level 16 and Sabin was up to 7 Stray ELs. Equips were the same as my first attempt at Shiva/Ifrit. 024 rolled Ice weak right away, so Locke and Celes let him have it while Sabin threw Tonics and Gau derped in Flan. Then there were a couple Demi->WallChanges before he landed on Lighting and Locke and Celes threw a couple Bolt 2s ftw. Also, I Kirin here at some point.

Gave Locke an Elec Sword for the Mine Cart ride. Mag Roadies got Sabin critical and poisoned just in time for 128 to Net+Rapier him dead. That started a spiral that led to another wipe... This time I swapped Gau and Sabin back to Tiger Masks and gave Locke Ifrit. I also gave Locke dual Shivs and moved him to the back row, swapped his White Cape for Sprint Shoes too.

128 managed to open by killing Sabin once again, but I rolled the dice on Flan and Gau came through, pulling Sabin to his feet. Locke focused on keeping people on their feet and Sabin threw Pummels til one connected with 128. Locke fed Gau a Green Cherry after he used SlowX, and Gau switched to Rain Man. Once both arms were out at the same time, Locke was able to join in on the pain infliction with some Bolt 2s and 128 fell quickly.

Had a normal amount of randoms before Cranes. Went in with the same load out I used for 128. Gau did Rain Man. I kept trying for BAR-BAR-BAR, but kept getting Go Fish. Locke spot healed and Sabin cast Float, then Golem and finally beat on the Left Crane with this Ocean Claws. The Right Crane seemed to use Repair immediately upon the Left Crane stopping moving, which was odd. Seeing the Left Crane come back with only 2500, I beat it up some more before I mopped up the Right Crane.

Gonna wrap up and snag Mog, Rondo and some Rages/Steals at the Veldt, although I don't think I'm currently missing any Rages...

PS: New Threat has a feature that lets you skip long pointless cut scenes, specifically the entire Kalm flashback. Any chance you could set up an event to skip the Maduin sequence?

One more thing. Melee counters check the left hand. Full Moon/Scimitar trips them, Scimitar/Full Moon doesn't.

Edited by ff7hero