BTB

Brave New World 2.0 - Beta Thread

200 posts in this topic

Calling on beta testers to be on the lookout for wonkiness with RNG. I have no hard data, but it feels like the RNG is streakier in 2.0 than it was in previous patches.

Some things to be on the lookout for (although I'm sure there are many others):

Enemies targeting the same character multiple times in a row with an attack that's supposed to be randomly targeted.

Mog dancing the same steps multiple times in a row.

Gau using the same rage attack multiple times in a row.

Really hard to test this because, you know, randomness is random. But there have been a number of similar reports in the Discord (like Cecil getting Vanish 9 times in a row), and I know vanilla's RNG is streaky and Think's RNGood patch is supposed to fix it to make it less streaky, so it makes me concerned that his patch is being overwritten or interfered with somehow.

Edited by Deschain

For the record, the RNG update patch is still being applied, and I detected no conflicts with it from other patches. So if something is going on with the RNG, it may be that Think will need to trace it and see if something is getting wonkified.

I got Cyan blocking a fire 3 from a tap dancer with his sword.

Moveover, it's a fire 3 that was cast on locke, and cyan is covering him to block it.

Got a little more playing in.

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC24 Playtest Notes
3/11/2019
Sealed Cave
Took Terra/Setzer/Edgar/Gau to the Sealed Cave. I was trying a couple niche strategies. Terra had Flametongue/Full Moon/Stat Hat/White Dress/Magic Cube/Gale Hairpin/Carbunkl, Setzer had Dice/Targe/Green Beret/Power Armor/Mystery Egg/Back Guard/Seraph, Edgar had Fire Lance(2-Handed)/Stat Hat/Power Armor/Black Belt/Power Glove/Unicorn and Gau had Club/Targe/Stat Hat/Ninja Gear/Sprint Shoes/Black Hat/Stray. As I started the caves, Terra is level 11, Edgar 12, Setzer 16 and Gau 18. Terra has 5 Maduin ELs, Edgar 5 Unicorn and Gau has 9 Stray ELs. Edgar was soloing the front row. Gonna note here that I went in with 23 Holy Waters.

Well, 1440 on everyone with Exploder seems totally worth it, but my Gau is a smidge overleveled here I feel. Zombones are the only enemies unphased by this, so I used Lich for them. With that little bit of data gathered, I swapped Gau to White Cape/Stat Stick. Before the Battle on the Bridge, I swapped Edgar to Elec Sword/Targe and double White Capes, while Terra gave Gau her White Cape to replace his White Cape. Edgar was level 13, Setzer 17 and Gau 19, and I didn't buy anymore ELs before the BotB.

Battle on the Bridge was super easy. Gau went with Sewer Rat, Edgar Bio Blastered and Setzer either Triple Bar derped or Go Fish derped. 

Continuing on feedback did the 3 scenarios in that order : Terra --> Locke --> Sabin

Terra's scenario :
-Nothing to report here all I have said about Lethe River in previous post still apply, I just want to say that I like the Storm Belt description being more accurate that's a good thing.

Locke's scenario :
-I found that equipping 2 Boomerang with Locke safer than 2 Daggers but it's your call (I actually want to give a fair shot to Boomerangs this time I never use them that much in previous playthrough ^^).
-The monster in the box for the Magic Cube is kind of annoying, basically if he manages to pull off his Doom before putting Runic and Doom hit he is a pain in the ass, otherwise he is manageable
-Trooper can be counter with Runic, the dogs are annoying as they attack 2 times in the row but Ice is good against them.
-In Figaro's Cave the Rays are easily dealt with Ice, Primodite are more resistant but nothing special about them outside of Rock, didn't encounter any bears.
-Hell Angel is a Runic and Locke's attack spam with occasionnal healing via Locke using Items nothing special here.

Sabin's scenario :
-Shadow can destroy any mob with Shuriken (I guess this is fine as Shuriken are a ressources and it basically introduce how they work).
-Sabin's Spirit Claws make fights in Soul Train easy.
-For Soul Train he is easily defeated by either Cyan spamming Mindblow with Ghost Ring equipped or Sabin wearing Power Glove and Ghost Ring attacking with his Spirit Claws.
-Nothing special to say about Rizopas he is like previous version El Nino hit hard but after we retaliate from it the fight is easily done.
-Gau Rage farm time XP
-For Underwater section Gau can either defense with Soldier Rage or kill thing with Leafer or Crawler's Rages, Sabin and Cyan of spamming Suplex and Dispatch, the most dangerous mob is the snake being able to Stop.

Narshe's battle :
-As already mention Gau is MVP and one-shot everything with Magnitude the team that have him doesn't need anything else offense wise, and so on the second team I put Edgar, Cyan and Sabin together they clean thing easily.
-For Thanatos Terra, Edgar, Sabin and Cyan team : Fire 2 + Attack with Spirit Claws + Jump + Dispatch = Good Bye sir thank you for coming xD
-For Kefka Celes is in Runic, Gau in Soldier Rage for Cure 2 and Locke steal until he steals the Tiara and Kefka runs away like the coward he is ^^

For Zozo's section I'm gonna use Celes, Gau, Edgar and Cyan.

Minor display bug that’s worth documenting but probably not fixing:

A character will get their turn before the ATB bar is completely full as indicated via the new animation.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Towards the end of the Ultima fight he started countering himself with "Full Power" without any good reason. Not exactly sure what triggered it. RC24 Patched on a different fresh new rom. Only oddness that has come up so far since switching roms.

(Enemies hitting themselves is a very common bug caused by the lack of a targeting opcode inside of a condition wherein the enemy is checking itself, which affects targeting. It's an easy fix.)
(Please report these.)

Edited by BTB

14 hours ago, Mishrak said:

Minor display bug that’s worth documenting but probably not fixing:

A character will get their turn before the ATB bar is completely full as indicated via the new animation.

On the same type of ATB display when getting back attack, preemptive attack or Pincer one of the characters ATB is shown empty before being instantly fill.

Anyway continuing :

Zozo (team : Edgar, Cyan, Gau and Celes) :
-Edgar and Gau are MVP for that part, Edgar cause of Bio Blaster and Noiseblaster and Gau because of powerfull AoE and support rages.
-Despite not having Slow Dadaluma was easy thanks to the Vanish statut, his only attack that can go through Vanish Shockwave was barely use, also turns out Edgar does more damage on him buy Jumping rather than Bio Blaster (Bio Blaster still usefull to kill the fighter), Gau has the Sewer Rat rage, Cyan spam Dispatch and Celes is on support.

Opera (team : Stam Locke, Stam Gau, Vigor Edgar) :
-About Ultros 2, well the hardest part is Fireball setting sap which can be annoying to deal with, Gau's Albatross rage does over 1000 with Fireball, Edgar jump for around 800 damage and Locke does good damage with Full Moon.

Vector continent and Magitek Factory (team : Stam Locke, Stam Gau, Vigor Edgar and Magic Celes) :
-Did go buy Trident for Edgar at Nikeah and Mystery Veil for Celes.
-Monsters on World Map can be deal with Noiseblaster for the most part, but some have to dealt with quick in order to not take powerfull AoE like Firestorm in the face.
-Got one of each Elemental Swords could be handy.
-For Magitek Factory's mob Gau's Rain Man is insane here XD, Edgar's Noiseblaster, Bio Blaster for humans, Celes performs well with Bolt 2 and healing and Locke I just equip him with Elec Sword and also got a good RNG and manage to steal like 4 or 5 Stat Hats.
-Shiva and Ifrit are a really good improvment compare to previous version, I like how they are both here at the same time, the biggest threat are Fireball setting Sap, Snowball setting Slow and Shiva's Ice 3, it can be tough.
-Number 024 well the challenge depend of which element he takes, not really can go against the rule with this team, on the thee's sadly not much I can do if he goes Earth or Holy but I could deal damage with other element.
-Number 128 Gau's Rain Man rage is good here, also Vig Edgar can jump with the Trident nearly 3000 damage XD, Locke with Elec Sword can also deal great damage the poor dood didn't last very long XD.
-As for the Cranes... even if I'm alone I'm gonna stand by my point : I don't like this new version of the fight, the old one was way better and more interesting, this is the only fight that so far feel like a serious downgrade compare to previous versions, and don't give me excuses about it being tuned down due to being at the end of a long section, in 1.9 you get all the tool necessary to deal with this fight in the Magitek Factory and even get a healing Save Point right before it (not to mention that they don't even have the bonus damage for attacking in the back anymore) so really for me it's an uneccessary nerf. Anyway Gau set Float then goes Rain Man and Edgar Jump with Trident, Locke attack with Elec Sword heal if necessary and Setzer either heal or use Blackjack, very easy fight nothing to add.

Before I post my ramblings, I need to note that Guardian killing Leo leads to a game over.

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC24 Playtest Notes
3/13/2019 3/14/2019
Imperial Banquet->Pre-FC

The Imperial Banquet is what it is. I'm not a fan of locking unique copies of scarce items behind something this obtuse, but it is what it is. I talked to all the soldiers with 8 seconds to spare and got some loot. Then I said "fuck this noise" and put some *redacted* on Terra until I was at Thamasa. I bought some things, but still haven't run through my Zozo testing nest egg.

Burning House is meh. I might have struggled if I'd been stingy with Tinctures, but I only needed the one before reaching the Restore Point anyway. I backtracked and fought one more Grenade formation as Strago was sitting at 14 SP. After that, I have Locke at level 21, Strago at 17 and Terra at 16. For ELs Terra has 8 Maduin, Locke 11 Ramuh and Strago 5 Shiva. Terra's wearing Elec Sword/Targe/Tiara/White Dress/White Cape/Life Bell/Bismark, Locke has Icebrand/Scimitar/Stat Hat/Ninja Gear/Black Belt/Thief Glove/Ifrit and Strago has Thunder Rod/Targe/Stat Hat/Cotton Robe/Magic Cube/Stat Stick.

Against Heartfire, Strago opened with an Aqualung, Terra Slowed Heartfire and Locke Cure 2'd the party to undo Heartfire's opening move. After that Terra healed, Locke stabbed Heartfire and Strago used Ice2 when Heartfire was alone or Aqualung to clear the adds. It was a short fight thanks to Ramuh Locke+Shiva Strago.

Randoms up to Ultros 3 were pretty much Blaze/Aqualung fodder. Once I had Osmose, this was even a sustainable plan. Before Ultros 3, Terra was level 17, Strago was 18 and Locke was 21. For ELs, Terra had 10 Maduin, Strago had 8 Shiva and Lupin had 12 Ramuh. Terra had Elec Sword/Targe/Stat Hat/White Dress/Life Bell/Barrier Cube/Bismark, Strago had Fire Rod/Targe/Stat Hat/Gator Hide/Magic Cube/Black Belt/Carbunkl and Locke had Flametongue/Gold Shield/Stat Hat/Ninja Gear/Black Belt/Power Glove/Kirin. Locke and Strago were in the front, Terra was in back.

Two procs from Stragos Fire Rod were pretty much all the damage I needed here. Terra was getting one shotted by Tentacle, but she's on the frail side anyway. 

Nothing else to note, off to FC soon enough.

Continuing and finishing the WoB :

Sealed Cave (team use : Mag Mog, Stam Sabin, Vig Cyan, Stam Terra) :
-Plan to use Vig Terra but I wanted to increase her survivability, so for I'm putting some point in Unicorn"s EL and will spend the rest on Bismarck's EL later.
-Shoat Mog is true MVP for the entire cave, including Centurions, Love Sonata's Moonlight and Elf Fire destroy everything on sight and for Centurion Poison is really good.
-Sabin's Aurabolt is also very powerfull here reaching some crazy damage for mob fight.
-Cyan's Mindblow is always a great Undead killer ^^.
-For Centurion spamming Dispatch with Cyan, attacking with Poison Claws with Sabin and using Poison with Mog make short work of them.

Find the Espers (team use : Stam Terra, Stam Locke, Stam Strago) :
-For the burning house Icebrands on Locke and Terra and Aqualung does the job.
-Heartfire might be the easiest boss of the game, Ice 2 proc, Shiva, Aqualung there's so much we can do to destroy that guy.
-For mob fight not much to say except Adamantoid can easily kill strago especially if getting caught in a Pincer Attack.
-Also Cover/Counter with Blood Sword is a quite good way to keep Locke alive.
-Ultros 3 don't last long beetween Elec Sword/Flametongue's Proc, Strago's Blaze...etc... there is just a lot of way to exploit his weakness, ST Tentacle and El Nino can hit hard tough.

IAF gauntlet (team use : Hybrid Celes, Stam Sabin, Magic Setzer) :
-I always found the Airships gauntlet before Ultros to be the hardest part and this is still true, the fact that all fights are Pincer is annoying but they can deal some serious damage especially Rotor Gun who could one-shot Setzer and almost one-shot the others, thank god they don't have any AoE at least.
-Ultros IV El Nino is still the most dangerous attack but a good Cure 2 solve the thing, this team has Safe and Haste so MT Tentacle isn't an issue and with Slow I have the advantage in speed, Setzer can stick being a free heal. Once Chupon comes the fight gets easier as mention on Discord when Ultros does MT Tentacle Celes and Sabin who had both a Black Belt where both countering at Chupon, and Ultros love using this move to bad for Mr Chupon didn't get much time to shine.
-IAF fight just after is easy altough Diffuser can hurt, Setzer's Blackjack is really strong and Celes's Bolt 2 to take care of the missiles, once the body is alone he shouldn't last for long.

Floating Continent ((team use : Hybrid Celes, Stam Sabin, Magic Setzer, Vig/Stam Shadow)
-Gargoyles's counter with Quake was a surprise it almost got me the first time, but it's good source of MP for Celes if use correctly.
-Ninja + 2 Dactyls is the worst ennemy formation for me both hits hard and both has AoE 2 Firestorm/Aero can be deadly if the Ninja decide to Ninja Wave, this is encounter is especially annoying if getting in a Pincer Attack.
-RNG didn't make me encounter a single Behemoth so I couldn't test them, Djinni and Brainpan are easily defeated with Aurabolt and Blackjack, just stay in Float for Quake and Lifehaver.
-Colossus is easily deal with Vanish only Avalanche can hit.
-Now for the big boy Atma Weapon : Got a decent RNG on Mind Blast not much crippling statut effect, Celes with Icebrand and Mystery Veil was performing really well with Sabin (Aurabolt dealing 1200-1300) they were the main source of damage (also with Ocean Claw and countering Sabin can potentially heal himself if he get targetted), Shadow could deal good damage with Sakura's Proc but I only had one (I overestimate Kazekiri's Proc), Setzer's Blackjack deals a lot of damage but most of the time he was stuck healing, Float and Haste are the 2 main buffs to keep up. Once we hit the second phase Flare Star was a close call for Setzer (5HP short) but others character are good, Mind Blast is the biggest threat as well as Flare, Glare and Rasp are also annoying. In any case still one of the highlight of BNW one of the best boss fight of the mod.

So WoB finish now time for WoR.

Potential Balance issue : Dullahan's S.Cross might be to powerfull if you haven't buy Wall Rings in Thamasa and didn't invest HP EL or/and have a character with Hero Ring (HP+25%), Dullahan might end up hard to deal with as none of the character for this fight have Shell (unless getting lucky with 3 BAR Summoning Zoneseek), Wall Ring are no longuer accessible at this point and the only equipment that reduce Fire Damage is Tiger Mask which only Sabin can equipped. Anyway continuing with WoR.

Also on the subject of Aurabolt : I'm wondering if it not being affected by the Row, isn't better that way actually, Stam Sabin is good in the back row allows to feel his role as a support with Mantra and Chakra, Aurabolt being an offensive option for when he can get the time attack, I mean every other character have at least one good option in the Back Row so why not Sabin ? 

Celes alone :
-Just to mention mob fight can be troublesome, especially Lunarises as they can combo Black Fang and 2 regular attack (hitting Celes 3 times in total) and you can encounter 2 of them, I didn't have trouble cause I had a somewhat bulky Celes but I imagine someone running a squishy build Celes might have some trouble here.
-Once Sabin join it becomes a lot more manageable.

Phunbaba (Team : Hybride Celes and Stam Sabin) :
-His Body Check hurt quite a lot even with Safe, without safe he can one-shot Stam Sabin with it. As such Safe and Float are necessary to win this fight. Damage wise Sabin's Aurabolt and Flametongue with Celes are strong.

Figaro's Castle :
-For Mob fight just asking for the Robots what trigger their Exploder ? Cause they have Explode on me for over 740 damage AoE which is quite a lot, making them pretty dangerous.
-Tentacles weren't to bad, Bolt 2 AoE then ST on the Tentacle weak to it, Sabin had Ocean Claws and was focus on the bottom left who is weak to water then Aurabolt for attack, Edgar.... was kinda useless to be honnest.

Daryl's Tomb :
-Well Zombie dungeon so of course Jumping with Fire Lance, Aurabolt, Flametongue are all valuable here Setzer makes himself usefull with Blackjack.
-Chesticle hits pretty hard with Plasma but he is a glass canon and die pretty fast from Edgar's Jump and Celes attacking with Flametongue.
-Dullahan is the big one because of his S.Cross as mention earlier being really powerfull, had to play it quite safe in order to beat him thank fully Edgar and Sabin can both deal good damage rapidly with Celes and Setzer healing any incoming damage in case S.Cross happen. I also an MP Kill is a good strat with Celes and Edgar casting Rasp (would be better with Magic Build for both but hey Celes dealing over 500 MP Damage with Rasp and Edgar over 300 is quite good already).
EDIT : Actually retesting Rasp's strat is actually pretty good on Dullahan even with Hybride Build Celes can deal around 700MP damage and Edgar over 300 meaning they can kill Dullahan in 5 turns (assuming all Rasp hit).

Edited by Nesouk

Minor Glitch I was in a Veldt Mudcrabs appear, Gau could Leap so I leaped but no Rage cause this isn't 1 of the 64 Rages available according to the Printme, I wonder if their is other formations in which Gau can Leap despite having no Rage to learn from it.

So continuing :

-Phunbaba : Good boss nothing to add, not to hard, not to easy, I guess I got a godlike RNG tough as he only eject 1 character and it was the least usefull one XD.

Veldt's Cave (Team : Vig Terra, Vig Edgar, Stam Gau, Magic Setzer) :
-Not to much problem with Random most of them are weak to Fire which I can easily exploit and can be Confuse which both Edgar and his Noiseblaster and Terra with Muddle can do.
-1 Mob worth mentionning is Manticore can be annoying due to having no weakness, but Imp is good as well as Gau Spirit Rage for Demi and Quatr.
-Tonberry in the box was tanky but Terra's Fire 3 and Edgar's Double Jumping with Fire Lance make short work of him.
-For Intangir well I played this fight wrong I thought like much other bosses he would be immune to everything but Slow and Sap, turn out I could have Imp him, would have help cause because of the Meteo counter being quite often, Gau was just keep dying and was pretty much useless for this fight, so my main damage was Terra with Morph Icebrand.
-For Intangir Z much easier than Intangir as Fire is a weakness I can easily exploiting Jumping with Fire Lance, Lich's Rage Elf Fire and Terra's Fire 3 they made short work of him.

Owzer's Mansion (Team : Vig/Stam Shadow, Vig Terra, Stam Gau, Magic Setzer) :
-Gau's Malboro rage is really great here against Dahling and Souldancer Bad Breath crippling them and Bio Blaster killing them. Also Belladona Rage for Moonlight against Nightshade, otherwise Spirit Rage for good fractionnal damage, Gargoyle for Sun Bath (make sure to cast Float before), Locust for Mirage...etc... all good support option.
-Shadow's Damage with Kazekiri aren't to bad with Cover/Counter set up he can actually deal a lot. Vig Terra can stay in the Back Row with throwing weapons and Mag Setzer is Blackjack spam and good healer (Go Fish ! Healing Gau even when he is in a Undead is really handy).
-Worth mentionning however 2 Dahling + 1 Nightshade in Pincer attack can be quite deadly if the 2 Dahling decide to open with MT Ice 2/Ice 3 and Nightshade throw a Starlight in the mix.
-As for Chadarnook he is more annoying than hard to be honnest, his phantasm is annoying as it makes Terra's Morph unusable as she would take 170 damage per tick and it bypass Auto-Regen, counter with Bolt 2 make it so that I have to either Shell or Reflect character which want to attack other than that his most dangerous attack is Flash Rain (except for Gau thank to the Storm Belt), damage wise Gau's Lich rage is pretty good here with Elf Fire and thanks to Setzer's Go Fish I can heal him perfectly fine, even without Morph Terra still does good damage with Flametongue and for Shadow Sakura's Break proc is strong, so basically Haste X, Shell on Shadow and Gau and then offensive with Setzer on support.

Relm Sketching Chakra on a Scrapper yields a blank ability bar.
(I have no idea. Likely related to the Blitz index. Does it show up properly when Gau uses it? Will probably just remove Chakra from the Scrapper Sketch attacks and call it.)

Beta RC25000.png

and IAF is hiding his damage. You can see it in this picture.
(Yeah, it's a layering issue and this has always happened, even in vanilla.)

Beta RC25001.png

Edited by BTB

Sketching Giant in Zozo doesn't do anything, didn't find any other case of Sketch not doing anything so far.
(This one is weird, since Giants do have Sketch attacks set. Can someone else verify this report?)
(EDIT : Retesting seems I was mistaken don't know why, I was pretty sure it did nothing but after testing it works no problem (it must have done nothing but regular physical at that moment and I was focus on something else))

Edited by Nesouk

Behemoths are currently Berserkable in RC25 and also there was a large no encounter section of the veldt.  BTB has likely fixed them but posting for posterity.
(Yep, already slated for fix in RC-26)

Edited by BTB

Got to WoR, notes here.

Spoiler

BNW Beta RC25 Playtest Notes
3/15-18/2019
IAF->Nice Job Breaking It, Hero

For IAF, I brought Edgar, Gau and Setzer. Edgar is level 15, Gau is 20 and Setzer is 17. Edgar has 7 Unicorn ELs, Gau has 10 in Stray and Setzer has 6 Shoat. Setzer has Demonsbane/Targe/Stat Hat/Power Armor/Stat Stick/Magic Cube/Seraph, Gau has Club/Targe/Green Beret/Tabby Hide/Mystery Egg/Sprint Shoes/Stray and Egdar has Trident/Gold Helm/Power Armor/Black Belt/Life Bell/Golem.

The IAF continue to be some of the hardest "randoms" in the game, but Rain Man and Blackjack/lulBars got me through. Before Ultros 4, I swapped Edgar to Elec Sword/Targe, Setzer to Gold Shield and Gau to Gator Hide. Ultros and Chupon were no problem. Gau never had to come out of Albatross, but I slipped up on IAF proper the first time and wiped because Diffuser hit while I wasn't at full HP. Next time around I had either Edgar or Setzer rocking Cure 2/Go Fish each turn to keep up with Diffuser. Gau just wrecked face with Rain Man.

I forgot to buy stuff for Shadow, so he's underperforming through here. He rejoins at level 17, with no ELs to his name. I gave him a couple Healing Shivs and called it good enough. Levels now range from 16-20, and ELs from 8-11.

Got to fight lots of FC randoms. I gave Edgar a janky Blood Sword/Scimitar/Hero Ring combo that only backfires against a Djinn once. I fought so many encounter because it took forever to find the Brainpan/Gargoyle Rages. Most encounter were "hard until you figured them out," although figuring them out usually meant AOE Spamming with Slots/Tools/Rage/Throw. The Behemoths were an exception, but once someone pointed out that Gau had Imp they went from difficult to boring. Imped and Sapped Behemoths were my enemy of choice for Scrapper Rage, which seems odd.

Alright, here goes Atma. By the time I got there, Shadow and Edgar were Level 20, Setzer was Level 21 and Gau was 23. ELs were 9 Phantom Shadow, 11 Shoat Setzer, 12 Unicorn Edgar and 13 Stray Gau. Gau wore Club/Targe/Green Beret/Gator Hide/Sprint Shoes/Fairy Charm/Stray, Shadow had Kotetsu/Demonsbane/Ninja Mask/Ninja Gear/White Cape/Power Glove/Phantom, Edgar had Blood Sword/Scimitar/Gold Helm/Power Armor/Hero Ring/Spirit Stone/Siren and Setzer had Switchblade/Targe/Green Beret/Power Armor/Amulet/Magic Cube.

I managed to take him out first try. Gau Raged Brainpan. At first, Shadow tried to keep Rerise up, but the MP cost and Purges were too much. He just focused on Throwing Shuriken or reapplying Float, with some item use peppered in. Edgar pretty much Slowed and Cure 2'd. Setzer either Blackjacked or Go Fished as the situation called for. Setzer ate all three of Atma's Rasps, so his options were limited anyway. I did manage a totally unplanned Golem off of Triple Bar the one time I messed up Blackjack, but I don't think it saved me in any extreme way.

Phase 2 started as Shadow's turn came up, so I managed to Dispel->Slow quickly. Mind Blast was troublesome, but my gearing allowed me to be mostly fine. Would echo the request for a WoB Ribbon now that it's not the omni-protection it once was. Shadow threw my 3 Ninja Stars here, then was back to Shurikens. Otherwise my general plan didn't really change much. Shadow dropped once to Flare Star, but otherwise I don't think anyone went down. There was some luck involved there, as Atma only Flare'd Edgar and Gau, who both had high HP and Stam. This fight felt easy, but I think I was coasting on a combination of luck, levels and skill that made that happen.

Only note from the escape is that Bat Ladies appear to be the only enemy to still give SP but no XP, not sure if it's intentional, just wanted to point it out.

Final Fantasy III (USA)005.png

Got another weird Pincer formation at Kefka's Tower.
(Weird... I SWEAR I've seen that one show up normal before. If someone has time, bug me on Discord to test some re-positioning of these things.)

Edited by BTB

Discord Roundup:

• Puff Goo are currently scripted to kill themselves with Glare if they are blinded.
  • Tier 1 Face and Short Arm have swapped positions.

Went through all the permutations of the tombstone puzzle, got some funky results.  Notably X followed by N brings up a blank text box. 

There's also a consistent pattern where a permutation that starts with N always returns a result ending with I, a permutation starting with I always returns a result ending with N, a permutation starting with E always returns a result ending with X, and a permutation starting with X always returns a result ending with E.

Spoiler

Tomb puzzle permutations.png

Edited by Satarack