Sign in to follow this  
rpschamp

Spell requirements

5 posts in this topic

Playing light Lise for the first time on your remake. Just after the first class change, expected to learn Mind Up and Power Up with 12 and 13 Spirit, but did not happen. Level 22, 13 Spirit, no new spells after Protect Up and Speed Up (learned by Level 20). Are there other spell requirements not listed in the documentation?

Edited by rpschamp

no, all there in the manual:

===Spells===

Learning spells requires both sufficient attributes (listed in the classes.txt) and the relevant spirits for the elements. (skills.xls)

Ah, I assumed because I learned Fireball and Ice Smash thatĀ I would learn the other spells from thoseĀ spirits. Thanks for the clarification!

By the way, I never solved that Chibikko bug where the screen freaks out when one of my team members is afflicted and then attacks. If I manage to cure their status before they attack, then there's no problem (Chibikko hammer, thank god), otherwise I have to reset. I tried several different sources for the original ROM and nothing seems to make a difference. I guess nobody else has reported this, I wonder if it's a problem with my specific hardware setup....

It's in the Class doc for Angela :

-Fireball is learnable with light spirit but still a fire elemental spell
-Ice Smash is learnable with earth spirit but still an ice elemental spell

I think they are the 2 exceptions that don't require the corresponding spirits, and I assume this is in order to make Angela more usefull in the early game.

Dark Charlie has 2 exceptions as well, otherwise you indeed have 2 casters that can't do anything until the midway point of the game.

Especially Angela could qualify for her lv2 spells before having had a chance to get the lv1 counterparts (fireball -> explosion).

Edited by praetarius5018