Sign in to follow this  
rpschamp

SD3 Mysteries: Durangela's Level 1 Techs

3 posts in this topic

It has always seemed weird to me that Duran and Angela only hit once with their level 1 techs. They both clearly take two swings, and either swing causes a hit, but both swings seem to count together as one extended swing, and an enemy will never take two hits from them. Angel's tech is even called Double Attack, I believe.

From someone who has played with the code, is there any clue as to why this is? Are their techs bugged, or is the animation just a relic from some stage in the coding where Duran and Angela were intended to hit twice with their techs? If I were reprogramming this game, this is one of the first things I would try to fix, so it makes me suspect that it is not readily fixable.

I honestly didn't look into that but I prefer it hitting once total over 2 hits for half damage where you are likely to miss the second hit because of knockback.
Hawk and Kevin are already dominating enough, no need to nerf others more.

And if it was 2 hits for full damage - that would be almost vanilla Kevin levels of broken.

Well, I always suspected that the missing second hit was unintended; otherwise, I could not understand the reason Kevin and Hawk would be designed for so much more melee damage, especially since both Duran and Kevin have similar spell utility on their light paths with Heal Light and Tinkle Rain, and Hawk can reach higher damage through his stat down spells. Giving Duran a second hit on his tech but not his normal attack would have put him on a middle ground where he reached his techs more slowly but then teched harder due to his higher strength stat, as he does with his level 2 and 3 techs.

Edited by rpschamp