Sign in to follow this  
rpschamp

Black Hood bug

3 posts in this topic

Just a heads up, on one of my previous games, Hawk's Black Hood morphed into a Garravilla; I opened the equip menu to equip the Black Hood some time after I had bought it, but I had two Garravillas in my headgear collection instead. I'm guessing there's some byte math reason for this. Is there an easy way to prevent this from happening (apart from not buying the Black Hood)?

Can't reproduce this.
You sure you bought the correct one?
I sometimes have problems that I buy the same item twice if I mash confirm too often; the buy menu has a kind of weird kind of momentum for me at least - hard to get started the transaction you want and then too easy to get a second purchase...

I'm sure; I'm pretty OCD about my items, especially when purchasing and equipping, and I'm sure that I went through all of the areas up through late Palo with only one Garravilla (same d-pad moves to equip pdef and mdef headgear for each of my characters). I then purchased a Black Hood but didn't try to equip it until after the Bucca adventure. I would not have had a chance to purchase a second Garravilla as I never returned to any of the shops that sold it for any reason.

I wonder if it has something to do with the two hoods sharing the same sprite map.

I am starting a new group with Hawk and will pay close attention at each point in the game to see if and when I can reproduce the bug myself.