Sign in to follow this  
madsiur

FF6AE: The Poll

FF6AE Poll   8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Feature do you want to see first?

• Dialogue & all game text editor (all languages) (E)
    • Font editor (E)
    • Monster data editor, including steals, drops, metamorph packs, control, rage and sketch commands (E)
    • Item data (E)
    • GFX Editor (monster & portraits) (M)
    • Animations data (E)
    • Monster AI (M)
    • GFX Editor (character spritesheets) (M)
    • Levels (FF6LE clone) (H)
    • Animation and Battle Event scripts (M)
    • Compressed Graphics (M)
    • Battle Backgrounds (H)
    • Event Editor (M)
    • Spell data (E)
    • All the small data (starting rages, HP / MP curves, colloseum data, etc.) (E)
    • Wallpapers editor (M)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

I've been working on a FF6 Advance editor since 2013 and a first version was released in 2014. A new WPF version is slowly being developed and I got the font editor, monster and item data editor and dialogue editor near completion (overall 90%+ finished). I'm making a poll to see what you would like seeing first. Elements have the easy (E), medium (M) or hard (H) mention regarding knowledge on them and time to code. Nothing music related is include because music editing can already be done with another tool.

Although I would really want to monster AI, maps, and events, I voted for everything that was marked easy because I feel like at the very least that is a great core to work around.  You can do a lot to the game just editing those things, so if the new version has at least those, it is enough while the more difficult things are being worked on.

Edited by Xontract

On 5/25/2017 at 8:11 PM, Xontract said:

Although I would really want to monster AI, maps, and events, I voted for everything that was marked easy because I feel like at the very least that is a great core to work around.  You can do a lot to the game just editing those things, so if the new version has at least those, it is enough while the more difficult things are being worked on.

Yeah you are right! Dialogue editor and Font were not so easy but since the game font is used in the editor for comboboxes or lists, I had to get the backend of it done so I've done the editor part too. Same for game string, I was aiming to do monster names edit in monster data editor but since we are into strings, while not doing the 3 game tables as well as all the string and its editor since game text is a single mega block of 25 000 entries (for 5 languages).

Now there will be less and less stuff like this slowing me down since I have more and more done and most design problems were resolved (until new ones arise :o) so hopefully if I'm not committing to other projects I should have a solid beta in 2017. I just feel stupid being the guy that is saying for the last 2+ years that a new version is coming but I get easily distracted by working on the FF6 wiki, forum or on small hacking projects and contributions.