reiknight

Last hidden chest?

17 posts in this topic

Could I get a cup of help?

Is it in the Ice Cave post-Mystery Girl, behind the star door that needs the recharged flower, behind the Magus door, behind the Olson Twins shopkeepers in Mushroom Kingdom, or in the new other vault room before the Master? These, the pokemon trainer fights and the boss rushes are the only things I haven't done, I believe.

So there's no tomfoolery involved, just some place I somehow managed not to check?

Rooms with rare enemies that play a jingle, if a hidden chest were in a room like that, would the jingle still play? Such as the place under Land's End that every room has a rare encounter.

Once you've beaten Smithy, you have access to every hidden chest, regardless of what you do.

I don't remember what happened to that chest in v9.  Listen for the jingle.

Yeah, it's not there. That whole secret section doesn't seem to be.

Found it. Was in the gecko path right before Monstro Town. I think I got it initially but reset to save that item for later. D'oh.

And really, not just Lazy Shell but Speed Bracer and Master Ball? That would have made Celebi so much easier... Or Shadow Queen... Or Elizabeth... Oh well.

So while I was checking every single chest, I took screens of all the hidden ones to upload somewhere. How many were there total? I have 70 screens, but it's possible some were normal chests.

8 hours ago, reiknight said:

Found it. Was in the gecko path right before Monstro Town. I think I got it initially but reset to save that item for later. D'oh.

And really, not just Lazy Shell but Speed Bracer and Master Ball? That would have made Celebi so much easier... Or Shadow Queen... Or Elizabeth... Oh well.

So while I was checking every single chest, I took screens of all the hidden ones to upload somewhere. How many were there total? I have 70 screens, but it's possible some were normal chests.

So apparently Celebi doesn’t show up in the Shadow Queen fight. I found that out the hard way. I still can’t beat it actually.

12 hours ago, reiknight said:

You caught Celebi without the Master Ball? Well done, dude. That's actually pretty challenging.

And Liz too... Content mode, right? Still, I'm impressed.

34 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You caught Celebi without the Master Ball? Well done, dude. That's actually pretty challenging.

And Liz too... Content mode, right? Still, I'm impressed.

Normal Mode. (The one with the blue text boxen. That's Normal, right?) I got lucky with Celebi, caught it in one try when it was tired. I probably didn't have too many more turns before I ran out of stuff, though I did use Found Illusions the whole fight. There's no way I could nat-guard all those crazy spell-attacks. @x@

4 hours ago, chronoquairium said:

So apparently Celebi doesn’t show up in the Shadow Queen fight. I found that out the hard way. I still can’t beat it actually.

I believe I beat her just after Smithy? I had the Holy Hammer, Genji Armor, and Super Boots. (I didn't know about Luigi Hammer then, ha ha... Although, it doesn't afford any difference for that fight I think.)

Go into the fight with a Found Illusion active at 20 with two more reserve. (I also cannot nat-block Shadow Flare for the life of me, lol) I think you'll only need to use one after she Black Hole's, but I forget if I used a second after the second BH or I just pushed through and hoped a second BH/Meteor combo meant it was her death through.

Uhh, what else. 2 or 3 Hyper M. Guard, 3 or 4 Chaos Grenades, and like, I wanna say 6? 8? 1UP Mushrooms. Oh, and 2-3 Dayzee Syrups. (I don't recall if I actually used the Syrups. I forget if she can status you outside of Pierce, which it can't block anyway.)

I basically spammed Super Jump on top of a Chaos Grenade for about 20k per turn. And used 1UPs every 2-3 turns. It just barely perfectly worked out to have an auto-res whenever she used Almagest. (Which of course, I could also never block, lol.) Basically she has a rhythm. 3 turns then Almagest. I usually only 1UP at full life if I knew Almagest was coming next turn. Once she goes into phase 2, re-setup with Found Illusion and Hyper M. Guard, and I think she does 3 turns then Almagest again. She does that twice I believe, then does Black Hole followed by Meteor. And if you clear that second kill combo you should be in the clear? I don't remember exactly, but I still had more item space if I failed, so if you bring extra 1UPs, you should be fine in case she does a bit more after the second BH/Meteor combo.

With some of the crazy later gears it must go even smoother, but yeah, 1UP Mush was the way to go. Same way I beat Margaret with Geno. Because they heal, they'll oftentimes do double duty and net you extra damage.

Edited by reiknight

Thanksh. :3

To be fair, Elizabeth was later. I just couldn't survive with anyone except Peach, and even after like a 30 minute battle of Chaos Grenades and attacking off her neutrals with the Shadow Ring, I still couldn't. It wasn't until I beat her sister and then had the Pillar of Light that I beat Liz with Geno, which going by the cape she drops, is I assume the intended way to beat her? (Geno Whirls all day and occasional Geno Fire, yeah?)

But yeah, totally cheese'd the disco queen, ha ha. Eff dat ho'

Edited by reiknight

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

NORMAL MODE?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!!?!!?!?!:o

^ the face of a person surprised someone found one of many OP strats to get through certain bosses much easier

2 hours ago, reiknight said:

I beat her sister and then had the Pillar of Light that I beat Liz with Geno, which going by the cape she drops, is I assume the intended way to beat her? (Geno Whirls all day and occasional Geno Fire, yeah?)

As long as you have one of the armors that resists most elements, you can beat her with every character.

Before I made this thread, I was looking for the v9 hidden chest info and couldn't find it. If it's not made yet, I have screens of all the chest locations. I just don't remember what was in all of them. Is there somewhere I can upload that? (And how many hidden chests are there total in v9, 70?)