reiknight

Armageddon & Rikku's Dark Matter

19 posts in this topic

Does she restock her Dark Matter?

Can you get more Armageddon?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reiknight said:

Does she restock her Dark Matter?

Can you get more Armageddon?

 

44 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

Yes to the first

Idk about the second

The items restock after being removed from your inventory. You can have 2 dark matters and 1 armageddon at one time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great. Guess I'll start using those, finally. Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

Actually where do you even get the Armageddon?

You go to the door behind the shop in the mushroom kingdom. I believe you have to select the frog coin shop and then when you get out, the voice will ask if you want a powerful item. I don't remember how much it costs, but it's paid with frog coins.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You go to the door behind the shop in the mushroom kingdom. I believe you have to select the frog coin shop and then when you get out, the voice will ask if you want a powerful item. I don't remember how much it costs, but it's paid with frog coins.

Do Margaret/Elizabeth need to be defeated? Because it’s not happening with me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

Do Margaret/Elizabeth need to be defeated? Because it’s not happening with me.

Not really, but the boss rushes will be hell without the armors dropped by Elizabeth. The trick to beating them is to use the opposite element to the one they used last. If the last attack they use is fire, you attack with ice. For attacks that doesn't have elements, you need to do normal attacks. Also, for Elizabeth, you need to remember her attack pattern as it ends with an attack that kills you if you don't have auto-life.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Not really, but the boss rushes will be hell without the armors dropped by Elizabeth. The trick to beating them is to use the opposite element to the one they used last. If the last attack they use is fire, you attack with ice. For attacks that doesn't have elements, you need to do normal attacks. Also, for Elizabeth, you need to remember her attack pattern as it ends with an attack that kills you if you don't have auto-life.

Thanks for the help, but that wasn’t exactly my question. I was saying the Armageddon isn’t showing up, and wondering if the reason why is because they’re not beaten.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You have to go into the Frog Coin shop and leave, (even without buying anything) then they'll prompt you to buy their Armageddon.

Beating them in a party is really easy. It's the same deal with Smithy and why I didn't notice he had a barrier. Yes she changes what element she's vulnerable to, but she's ALWAYS vulnerable to neutral magic. Geno Whirl is king here.

You can also do neutral physical damage off her physical card throw, physical generic energy balls, Sexy Dance L, Eerie Noise, Mamudoon, and Megidolaon, as long as that attack is the last thing she does in a turn. (Though it has to be neutral, they both heal off of any elemental damage on a neutral turn. Oh, and on the first turn, you can attack with anything, as long as she hasn't attacked herself. Until she does, she's a normal target.)

Single battle, you need to plan out your moves, but some characters are much much easier than others. Doing her early is practically impossible for some chars. As soon as you get the Pillar of Light from her sister, Liz can be beaten handily with Geno as long as you have enough 1UP Mushes. Just Geno Whirl like mad and Flurry/Flame when she does element attacks. Mario with the Soul Dew can pretty much spam Galaxy Blast and win. Mallow needs to be a little clever boy, Koopa too. Peach needs some physical attack since she has no neutral magic. Chaos Grenades help with good timing too.

Edited by reiknight
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reiknight said:

You have to go into the Frog Coin shop and leave, (even without buying anything) then they'll prompt you to buy their Armageddon.

Well that isn’t happening. So unless they have to be beaten, I don’t get it.

6 minutes ago, reiknight said:

Beating them in a party is really easy. It's the same deal with Smithy and why I didn't notice he had a barrier. Yes she changes what element she's vulnerable to, but she's ALWAYS vulnerable to neutral magic. Geno Whirl is king here.

Still can’t get Geno Whirl to do any more than 740. Though I’m getting somewhere (I’m mid-battle) using Super Jump.

 

8 minutes ago, reiknight said:

You can also do neutral physical damage off her physical card throw, physical generic energy balls, Sexy Dance L, Eerie Noise, Mamudoon, and Megidolaon, as long as that attack is the last thing she does in a turn. (Though it has to be neutral, they both heal off of any elemental damage on a neutral turn. Oh, and on the first turn, you can attack with anything, as long as she hasn't attacked herself. Until she does, she's a normal target.)

Yeah, that part’s already covered.

 

10 minutes ago, reiknight said:

Single battle, you need to plan out your moves, but some characters are much much easier than others. Doing her early is practically impossible for some chars. As soon as you get the Pillar of Light from her sister, Liz can be beaten handily with Geno as long as you have enough 1UP Mushes. Just Geno Whirl like mad and Flurry/Flame when she does element attacks. Mario with the Soul Dew can pretty much spam Galaxy Blast and win. Mallow needs to be a little clever boy, Koopa too. Peach needs some physical attack since she has no neutral magic. Chaos Grenades help with good timing too.

Alright, I’ll see what I can do. Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

Thanks for the help, but that wasn’t exactly my question. I was saying the Armageddon isn’t showing up, and wondering if the reason why is because they’re not beaten.

Oh............................. not sure what triggers it :S

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beating them is not required, I think it's just beating Smithy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If memory serves, you need to have completed Daisy's sidequest and gotten yourself to 70 FP to unlock Armageddon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Unless there’s more to the Daisy quest than Croco, then I’m set on that front, so uh...

Edited by chronoquairium
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I assumed it was just beating Smith, since the first thing I did was check that door and they definitely offered me Army. (Well, first first thing I did was check my Star Pieces screen to see if this mod was of the caliber I thought it was, and it totally is. :3)

It's unlikely, but did you beat Shadow Queen before getting 70 FP? I know beating her bumps 70 to 99, since I didn't know about Dark Dayzees when I beat her, but I was at least at 70 and had access to Armageddon already. But maybe if someone actually beats her before you ever get Daisy to buff your FP, you lock yourself out of the checkmark for Armageddon?

Edited by reiknight
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just dependent on having at least 70 FP, not actually doing the sidequest.  There's also a flag check that's probably Smithy.

Do you have the 20 galaxy coins needed to purchase it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

It's just dependent on having at least 70 FP, not actually doing the sidequest.  There's also a flag check that's probably Smithy.

Do you have the 20 galaxy coins needed to purchase it?

...Nitro said it was Frog Coins. I’ll be right back after I get 20 Galaxy Coins and edit this with results.

EDIT: Got it! Thanks Doomsday.

Edited by chronoquairium
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dang, screwed up again, huh? My speedrun will not feature these kinds of mistakes, I swear!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now