chronoquairium

Can’t beat next thing in Frogfucious chain (Yiazmat), what to do?

10 posts in this topic

So I’ve beaten everything up to that hint, plus the Shadow Queen and Shinryu. From what I’ve heard when looking at threads, Frogfucious helps you when it comes to what’s next in difficulty. The problem is, everything I’ve seen, I can’t beat.

My only usable gear that resists/halves elements is Minerva, which I put on Peach. Everything else that does it also guts my stats to the point of un-usability. And without it, I can’t beat any of the bosses I can think of.

I get OHKO’d by any of the powerful elemental attacks (Inferno, Gigavolt, Blizzard, Almagest, etc.) except for Peach - and Speed Bracer, my only haste-giving item, is on Geno right now.

I don’t have answers to to their attacks, and it’s hard to win when your characters die every turn. What can I do?

Respec'ing your characters for only hp and int might help too. Typically between atk up and enemy def down, they can hit the damage cap pretty easy with 0 atk.

Edited by reiknight

36 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

So I’ve beaten everything up to that hint, plus the Shadow Queen and Shinryu. From what I’ve heard when looking at threads, Frogfucious helps you when it comes to what’s next in difficulty. The problem is, everything I’ve seen, I can’t beat.

My only usable gear that resists/halves elements is Minerva, which I put on Peach. Everything else that does it also guts my stats to the point of un-usability. And without it, I can’t beat any of the bosses I can think of.

I get OHKO’d by any of the powerful elemental attacks (Inferno, Gigavolt, Blizzard, Almagest, etc.) except for Peach - and Speed Bracer, my only haste-giving item, is on Geno right now.

I don’t have answers to to their attacks, and it’s hard to win when your characters die every turn. What can I do?

I'd recommend going around the world looking for some other bosses to face to get some more gear that protects against all elements. Kaiser Dragon in Barrel Volcano might be worth a shot (assuming you didn't already defeat it). Also, I think Crystal Rings resist elements as well, so go to the secret path in the Forest Maze to see if you're allowed to battle Mystery Girl. (I don't remember what you have to do to get access, sorry)

13 minutes ago, reiknight said:

Respec'ing your characters for only hp and int might help too. Typically between atk up and enemy def down, they can hit the damage cap pretty easy with 0 atk.

Everyone but Bowser is at 9999.

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I'd recommend going around the world looking for some other bosses to face to get some more gear that protects against all elements. Kaiser Dragon in Barrel Volcano might be worth a shot (assuming you didn't already defeat it). Also, I think Crystal Rings resist elements as well, so go to the secret path in the Forest Maze to see if you're allowed to battle Mystery Girl. (I don't remember what you have to do to get access, sorry)

Yeah I can fight Mystery Girl, but she’s one of the problem bosses. Can’t get far if you lose your auto-life on two members every turn.

i’ll see what I can do on Kaiser Dragon though.

I don't think you need anything to get access. Just be post-game. Though personally, she gave me more trouble than anyone despite Frogfucius mentioning her super early. But I didn't have haste yet to deal with Lunar Bahamut's 5TK. I guess she should be doable that early as long as you have haste.

9999 hp might be overkill? I think I went like 8800-8900 on all of my guys. But yea, if you don't care about order, go ham on wild things and find what''s killable.

I have no idea what the order is exactly, but if you haven't done pokemon yet, they're weaker than the FF bosses and have decently stat'd accessories for specific bosses.

11 minutes ago, reiknight said:

9999 hp might be overkill? I think I went like 8800-8900 on all of my guys. But yea, if you don't care about order, go ham on wild things and find what''s killable.

I mean, I only got the 9999 HP from the buyable Galaxy Apples. Before that I was at 7900-8k each, except Bowser who was at 7500 around.

13 minutes ago, reiknight said:

I have no idea what the order is exactly, but if you haven't done pokemon yet, they're weaker than the FF bosses and have decently stat'd accessories for specific bosses.

All the Pokemon (including Celebi) are done, but none of the trainers. Having the same issue with them.

General Guy is done. Shadow Queen is done. (Used your strategy, thank you!) Out of the FF bosses, I’ve done Ozma, Shiva, Shinryu, Ultima Weapon, Goddess, Emerald Weapon, Kaiser Dragon (thanks Nitro), Penance, and all of Via Infinito.

What is your team, Mari/Peach/Koopa? Until just now where Mallow became op, I liked Mari/Peach/Geno for pretty much the entire game.

And yea, my guys are at ~8800 with apples. The rest is int for everyone, except Peach who has a smidge of atk/def.

When you level, some characters have bonuses at certain levels for more optimized min-maxing.

I think Bowser gets 108 hp instead of 7 at like 65, 75, and a few other levels. And then at like 90 or 95 the last levels to 100 are all 108 hp or 2 matk/2 mdef. So only grabbing the big hp level ups makes sure he gets more worthwhile stats instead of a paltry 7 hp for a level.

Mario is static until 90-95 where hp is something like 60 per level instead of just 30. And never get any of the 20hp upgrades from his early levels. Invest in matk until he starts getting at least 30, then get some.

Peach I forget if she has any wild stat ups, but later starts getting crazy atk or magic.

Even before I had the op armors, bosses typically either did over 10k, or under 8k. Almost never between that. I mean, I could be wrong and the actual experts recommend full HP, but personally I've been fine in the mid 8000s for the whole postgame.

So I also use Mario/Peach/Geno, with Bowser replacing Geno if the enemy is primarily physical. When does Mallow get OP by the way?

So I beat Yiazmat with the Dragon Mail from Kaiser Dragon, then went and faced the Mystery Girl. After a much more brutal battle, I left to find “WAT THEY’RE RANDOM BATTLES NOW?” the Maenads.

I’m going to try to take on the Brachioraidos then go on from there. Thanks everyone!

Great, glad to hear it.

Spoiler

With Soul Dew and the Iron Dukes (gives a solid defense boost), Mallow gets crazy good str and int. The Thunderstorm spell from Larxene is a strong aoe that also def downs every enemy, replacing both Chaos Grenades and Geno Whirl, (Soul Dew gives everyone a nat attack buff so it also replaces Geno Boost) and he also has Snowy as an alternate aoe for enemies that might be resistant to thunder. Coupled with Royal Guard, a weaker (that only heals status, not debuffs) but still 5-6k Group Therapy and Wishing Star, he also backs Peach up as a healer and lets you RG twice per turn if it comes to that.

Geno is still good, with both Choice Specs or Bombs Away, and I love the doll, but Mallow just can do it all all of a sudden