reiknight

Dang 'ol Rosalina man

21 posts in this topic

So I caved and watched the video of fighting her. Awesomely enough seems to be close to what I was doing, just not enough atk on my end.

Is her Meteor Swarm physical damage?

B'okay. Think I can do this now. Just sucks to have to run through Boss Butch a third time. Thanks for the pioneering~

At least you can make it to Rosalina

I can’t make it past Booster b/c I’m avoiding spending items and Celebi disappears during the fight

36 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

At least you can make it to Rosalina

I can’t make it past Booster b/c I’m avoiding spending items and Celebi disappears during the fight

Celebi and Galaxy Star both come back after "real" checkpoints.

After the Magikoopa fight -

After the Booster fight -

After the Yaridovich fight -

After the General Guy fight (not 100% sure so leave one item for Exor just in case) -

After Exor (definitely) -

So you can use them as much as you want, and they'll be there for Rosetta. Well, not the star, of course, ;p

Edited by reiknight

So upon my first try fighting her with the right damage setup, I don't know what the hell I did, but I got into an amazing groove, then I mess up and attack the wrong star and the cycle is off and the fight is a failure. Now an hour later, I can't remember what the hell I did so perfectly the first two turns...

I came into the fight with a full illusion on, since Exor doesn't get to attack, so I have an extra move on the first turn because I don't have to set that up. And then whatever I did that first time I used Celebi on turn 2 to get FP back as well as auto-res. And then it went sooo buttery. But now I can't even reliably get a good entry into phase 2. Blargh, ーx-

Edited by reiknight

Think I found my smooth mcgroove.

Turn 1- Hyper guard and thunderstorm, attack holy luma and elec luma once with Mario, double lucifer with Peach.

Turn 2- Celebi, double storm, attack holy and elec again, lucifer, then attack Rosetta.

This gets to phase 2 and all the stars come back. Now this time I have to not eff up.

Rockin' this song to fight: 

I would request that if anything be changed about this fight other than crits (which I would love gone, but I don't see it happening) is making you unable to target Rosalina if she has any Luma. So annoying to accidentally target her in the heat of battle. :/

Edited by reiknight

52 minutes ago, reiknight said:

Celebi and Galaxy Star both come back after "real" checkpoints.

I’m saying that it’s available during the Dodo/Valentina/Birdo battle (battle right before), and after not using it, it’s gone during Booster. Same does not apply to Galaxy Star. Don’t know why.

Literally the same problem I had with Shadow Queen.

Edited by chronoquairium

15 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

I’m saying that it’s available during the Dodo/Valentina/Birdo battle (battle right before), and after not using it, it’s gone during Booster. Same does not apply to Galaxy Star. Don’t know why.

Literally the same problem I had with Shadow Queen.

Huh, that's... queer... Well, as long as you have one going into the Booster fight and are near/full hp/fp off the nimbus gang, you should be fine on Booster.

Use Celebi at the end of the nimbus fight to be full and Star in the Booster fight on turn 2. Turn 1 thunderstorm, lucifer, lucifer and that should kill all the snifits. Then if Booster wrecks your two members (he really can't clear the field by himself) you use the G.Star then, and then clean him up.

Edited by reiknight

So here's a 100% surefire way to deal with Rosetta Stone.

Turn 0: Go in with a F.Illusion at full

Turn 1: Hyper Guard, thunderstorm, full hammer holy luma, intentionally mistime hammer elec luma

Turn 2: Celebi, thunderstorm, thunderstorm, hammer holy (dead) hammer elec or pass, lucifer, shadow ball

Turn 3: ATTACK

Turn 4: Cola or Final Elixir with Mallow (if Mario is disabled), attack with everyone else

Phase 2 starts and you're at full hp to take the blow.

Turn 5: H.Guard and F.Illusion, double spank with Mari, cola and shadow ball with Peach

Stars come back, start over from turn 1, except use elixir or cola instead of h.guard. Do this 3 more times and you win. I came in with three Found Illusions in my inventory and one active and she died a turn or two after I ran out. So to be safe, have 4 when you enter the fight.

Edit: Trying to upload a vid

Edited by reiknight

Lucifer? Shadow Ball? I’m sorry I don’t follow

EDIT: Beat it anyways. Celebi ended up not showing for Nimbus either. Thunderstorm and double Morning Star wasn’t enough, and only Mario was left standing after Booster’s turn. Used Galaxy Star then, and Ultima Hammer took out a Snifit. Mallow was the only one who died the next turn, and Morning Star dealt with the rest of the Snifits, then I nat-blocked everything Booster sent, and he died next turn.

EDIT2: So I tried to take a screenshot of me beating Axem Red/Blade with only 87 HP left on Peach and all else dead, and instead I reset my game.

Edited by chronoquairium

1 hour ago, chronoquairium said:

Lucifer? Shadow Ball? I’m sorry I don’t follow

EDIT: Beat it anyways. Celebi ended up not showing for Nimbus either. Thunderstorm and double Morning Star wasn’t enough, and only Mario was left standing after Booster’s turn. Used Galaxy Star then, and Ultima Hammer took out a Snifit. Mallow was the only one who died the next turn, and Morning Star dealt with the rest of the Snifits, then I nat-blocked everything Booster sent, and he died next turn.

EDIT2: So I tried to take a screenshot of me beating Axem Red/Blade with only 87 HP left on Peach and all else dead, and instead I reset my game.

Oof, that sucks.

Morning Star is what Lucifer means, and its easier to type out. Shadow ball is what Peach attacks with when she has the Shadow Ring. It's not named in the game for us, but the attack the bosses have is called that in the editor I think?

What is your setup for those fights?

1 minute ago, Doomsday31415 said:

No haste on Mario or Mallow?

That's going to make things harder...

This isn’t my Rosalina setup. I have yet to get there. This is for Trial Mode right now.

Speed Bracer is over on Bowser, and I’m not willing to use Choice Scarf.

5 minutes ago, chronoquairium said:

This isn’t my Rosalina setup. I have yet to get there. This is for Trial Mode right now.

Speed Bracer is over on Bowser, and I’m not willing to use Choice Scarf.

This does not change what I said.

20 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

This does not change what I said.

There’s only three haste items I’ve seen so far in the game, and one of which is Choice Scarf, which I hate, and would have lost me the fight on several occasions.

Soul Dew is on Mallow so I start with boosted attack, as otherwise I am forced to spend Celebi/Hyper M Guards to do it. And the bonus attack has helped end things a turn early before. Plus the defensive stats are important enough for me to need it in a series of battles. I’ll replace it with Speed Bracer during Rosalina or when a problem arises.

And I have yet to get to a battle I can’t beat without it.

Put Paladin on Mallow. Angel Tiara negates status for Peach already. Soul Dew on Mallow/Mari is fine all the way up to Rosalina. Only time I put haste on Mario before her was for the Doom Cake to two-turn it.