Sign in to follow this  
vhatever

Any idea what's up with FFX punishment 2.6 mod and/or ppf-o-matic

7 posts in this topic

In the past I used landonray's punishment mod for  FFX, though I'm not 100% what version i used though. It worked fine. Now when I try to use 2.6 with the same ISO I used before (ntsc-u) it doesn't work. It seems to mildly bug the game too. Like some of the enemies are facing backards and then spin around as they attack you.  i've tried downloading different 2-3 different ppf-o-matics and they all appear the same size and obviously have led to the same results. I'm really getting frustrated because you have to play for a half hour before you can even find out if the patch worked or not. i have noclue what could possible be wrong unless there is some error when I unzip the game(and i've re-unzipped it several times, too). it's the same iso and I think the same difficulty patch that worked in the past  so I'm totally confused. Also anyone know a fast way to determine if the patch is working or not? No cutscene skip is really driving me nuts and completely sucking my desire to even touch this game again.

Edit: ok apparently the monster facing the wrong way thing is just related to emulation not patch bug.

edit 2: I had a partial hard drive failure awhile ago and I have a sneaking suspicion some of the FFX files got hit. I noticed the unzipped version is a couple thousand bytes smaller than it should be. And when patching it with 2.6, the file becomes even smaller. I guess I'll see if i can find the CD tomorrow or when I have the energy to sort through a bunch of old stuff. 

Edit 3: whats up with the name of the file here : FFXPv2.6bd02 why the bd02 on there?This isn't just for the second disc or something is it?

Edited by vhatever

Seems you are using the US version, last version of Punishment is for the Japanese International version (which include an option to play in english despite not being release in US originaly).

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Seems you are using the US version, last version of Punishment is for the Japanese International version (which include an option to play in english despite not being release in US originaly).

http://ngplus.net/InsaneDifficultyArchive/www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index631c.html?/files/file/61-final-fantasy-x-punishment/

Hrmm. that's not what it says on the download page though.

Ya, I's in a pulled from zip file I've had for ages now. pretty sure it was corrupted in the HD failure at this point though. only thing that makes sense. 

8 hours ago, vhatever said:

Ya, I's in a pulled from zip file I've had for ages now. pretty sure it was corrupted in the HD failure at this point though. only thing that makes sense. 

I would recommend using an external hard drive for backup purposes, that is basically what I do with all of my disc images.

Guessing that bd02 in the archive name is just a hash or something.

yep it was a corrupted zip file. I soon found out the sound files were also corrupted and some sounds/music would make an earsplitting noise on some portions of the game. Patch seems to be working fine now though.