Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zedorfed66

Shadow Hearts NTSC-U - Imbroglio v1.0

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome!

This is my difficulty modification for the first Shadow Hearts I named 'Imbroglio'.

It alters enemies making them have more health, agility, strength and magic.

In addition to the stats increase I changed Sandalphon's 'Revive' ability. Now it doesn't revive and heal party to full health, but instead revives and heals the amount based on Yuri's magical power, just like the Light class fusions before it.

Another change is that characters learn their 3 last skills way later (when Alice learned 'Arc' before at 35 levelled now she learns it 70 levelled instead).

You are required to be higher level than before in order to progress in the game. Increased experience and cash from enemies will help in that. You have better chances at the final boss the higher level you are and the more sidequests you have completed. It is recommended to do the final boss maxed out (99 lvl).

I wasn't able to find the values for the scaling enemies from the code so those remain unchanged unless some helpful person will be able to help me in that. Fortunately those are only the Fusion battles and the Malice lowering battles (and also the scaled Fox Face if you dare facing him).

Give my mod a go if you feel like it. 

You need to have the original disc image of Shadow Hearts NTSC-U. Then patch that image with the file from the zip using 'ppf-o-matic' tool.

 

 

Here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/see5y0jrhxgjsr8/shadow_hearts_ntsc-u_imbroglio_1_0.zip

Edited by zedorfed66
text edit
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the rep guys^^

I forgot to mention the enemies also have higher agility. I updated the info to my first message.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome. I just did a bunch of box-searching for my old ps2 games and have all the shadowhearts games. That's cool it looks like you've made mods for all of them. Have to try them out when i have time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vhatever said:

Awesome. I just did a bunch of box-searching for my old ps2 games and have all the shadowhearts games. That's cool it looks like you've made mods for all of them. Have to try them out when i have time. 

Hey, thanks a lot for the interest! Give them a go if you feel like it ^^ Shadow Hearts is my favorite RPG series and they hold a big place in my heart, that's why I've made mod for all of them. I've been thinking about modding Koudelka too but that game seems really hard to mod. At least I can't find the enemy data in that game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zedorfed66 said:

Hey, thanks a lot for the interest! Give them a go if you feel like it ^^ Shadow Hearts is my favorite RPG series and they hold a big place in my heart, that's why I've made mod for all of them. I've been thinking about modding Koudelka too but that game seems really hard to mod. At least I can't find the enemy data in that game.

Koudelka is a hot mess of a game in terms of....everything

 

If you manage to make it work (especially if you remove the idiotic RNG) I will make you an altar

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Koudelka is a hot mess of a game in terms of....everything

 

If you manage to make it work (especially if you remove the idiotic RNG) I will make you an altar

Lol. Koudelka has its' charms in the whole dark evil setting and all. And actually I don't have the same complaints about the game most people do. For example I don't care about the slower paced gameplay (due to technical stuff). The problems are pretty much all on the modding end. I'll probably totally skip Koudelka in my list of projects and focus on something else instead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, zedorfed66 said:

Hey, thanks a lot for the interest! Give them a go if you feel like it ^^ Shadow Hearts is my favorite RPG series and they hold a big place in my heart, that's why I've made mod for all of them. I've been thinking about modding Koudelka too but that game seems really hard to mod. At least I can't find the enemy data in that game.

Ya, I certainly plan to try them all out eventually here. Obviously having all the games for the PS2, I was also a fan of the series back in the day. Koudelka I only played once at someone else's house it seemed absolutely nothing like the shadowhearts games, though it was funny when the characters would suddenly break out into this expansive professor-like dialogue about whether Immanuel Kant's position X was in agreement with Voltaire's position on Y.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.7.2019 at 8:50 AM, vhatever said:

Ya, I certainly plan to try them all out eventually here. Obviously having all the games for the PS2, I was also a fan of the series back in the day. Koudelka I only played once at someone else's house it seemed absolutely nothing like the shadowhearts games, though it was funny when the characters would suddenly break out into this expansive professor-like dialogue about whether Immanuel Kant's position X was in agreement with Voltaire's position on Y.

Lol. It seems all the old school horror games tended to have weird dialogue at least in some point. I guess the whole weirdness makes them more scary.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0