• Lise
  2. 3. Choose the teammates (select 2) :

• Duran
    • Angela
    • Kevin
    • Carlie
    • Hawk
    • Lise

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

The thought of doing an LP of this mod cross my mind since sometime.

However the issue I had with doing an LP of this mod is that since all the characters and classes have been balance pretty well, so that almost any team can be viable, there is just so much choice to make for an LP.

Hence why I decided to let people choose which character I'm gonna play, I think that could be interesting.

One note tough this LP will be in french since it's my native language so I a more comfortable with it, the game will still be in english so I think you will still understand what I'm doing and I can understand english fine so don't hesitate to post in the comments.  

So the question are simple there is a poll for main character and a poll for the team mates, only allow one vote per people (or per account at least).

I originally hesitate to also give the choice for the classes afterwards, but since I'm gonna play on Hard (aka the one and only difficulty ^^) even tough the chance are low I don't want to run into a party with which the game would be potentially impossible to finish.

I'm giving 2 or 3 weeks before closing the votes.

Edited by Nesouk

12 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

dunno, maybe it might be better to choose the "worst" possible vanilla team and go from there to show that stuff has really changed?

Thing is I actually never play Vanilla I just read about it and know all the stuff, your mod change through reading and watching video so I don't know what would be consider the "worst" team in Vanilla.

Duran and Angela have both changed a lot in this mod, especially with the changed counter dynamics. They were also considered poor teammates in the original, but work very well together in this mod. With this in mind, it's worth considering taking Duran as a lead to highlight the player counters, and Angela as a recruit to highlight the changed enemy response to her spells (and also Duran's level 2/3 techs). Rune Master might be a good class for Angela to show off her fancy multi-target level 3 spells, and any class for Duran, as long as you plan to use his techs. Also, Durangela's quest would be nice since the later bosses force you to use the counter mechanic.

Honnestly I'm planning to try to use counter more regardless of the character now that I know how it works, using Light Class Duran could be cool to since in Vanilla he gets only like 2 spells with either Paladin or Lord here he get a bunch of good spells, same with Kevin's Dark class ways to show the mod improve character's possibilities.

Duran, Kevin, Angela would be a great run; this party was used rarely in vanilla.

Edited by rpschamp

Not bad Lord and God Hand (with Invert Armor) could be a good pair to show counter mechanic (thanks to their final weapons), Angela would be Arch Mage then (for Aura Wave, Anti-Magic, Power Down and Mind Down)

God Hand with invert armor already has Power Down; go for Rune Master instead for the sabers (which this team would love) and the level 3 spells with silence, snowman, and petrify. Snowman in particular would be fun for this team with Duran and Kevin around to pound them into snowballs afterwards.

Angela as a main character seems great since all of her classes have been changed up pretty significantly. I also like the Arch Mage since she gets a number of great spells.

If the goal of the LP is to show what's different in the mod I'm less enthusiastic about light Kevin and Duran though, to be honest. They still feel like "heal bots who can still throw a punch" to me, which is well and good but basically the same niche they were in during Vanilla SD3.

Light Carlie might be more interesting, especially as a Bishop where she becomes a powerful melee fighter herself! 

Edited by Barnacle_Ed

The problem if you pick Rune Master is in this team you will lack either Mind Down or Mind Up (depending of if you put Invert Armor on God Hand or not), which is a pretty huge deal on Hard as most bosses deals their damage through spells, Arch Mage's Aura Wave would also be great to take advantage of Lord's final weapon (aka lot of counter), also Anti Magic can be handy and she has access to more element combine with her Final Weapon for massive nuke. Or I could rely on scales but then I'll hit a wall with Dragon Emperor (as I said if you don't have someone that can cast MT Mind Up constantly I really don't see how you can beat him).

If the goal of the LP is to show what's different in the mod I'm less enthusiastic about light Kevin and Duran though, to be honest. They still feel like "heal bots who can still throw a punch" to me. Light Carlie might be more interesting, especially as a Bishop where she becomes a powerful melee fighter herself!

Light Duran and Kevin could works to show the difference in the mod, Light Duran can be either a really good nuker with Paladin's Turn Undead or a good physical fighter that trigger Counter for the other with Lord's final weapon (also can increase Critical on other characters with Energy Ball if you play a crit build with another character), in any case both Paladin and Lord get a LOT of new spells compare to Vanilla where they had only like 2 spells. Light Kevin have a lot of new option to altough Warrior Monk can definitly be a great heal bot ^^, and if you take both Light Duran and Light Kevin you can perfectly build one for healing and the other for fighting.

Edited by Nesouk

I think you could probably do it without the Mind Down, but another option would be to swap Kevin for Hawk and go Lord, Ninja Master, and Archmage. Invert the Archmage and you would have healing, stat recovery, all the stat ups, all the stat downs with Anti-Magic (or even better, Black Garb) support, Aura Wave, and several crit spells. This team would be fun since they could handle both strong melee and heavy casting; Ninja Master and Archmage Fire Jutsu followed by weakness spell one-two punch would wipe out screens, especially with Archmage's final weapon (Archmage could throw a quick Mind Up to start the chain for an extra boost). The only thing this team lacks is sabers, and you could stock them for boss fights for your melee fighters without too much trouble. Also, if you want to take more advantage of the Lord's final weapon, Fenrir Knight would make an interesting substitution for Ninja Master, though it wouldn't be as effective at screen clearing.

Finally, it would be better to lead with someone like Duran who can hold shields to show off the new shield/aggro function. Running enemies around the screen while your casters bomb away is just too much fun.

Edited by rpschamp

There's so much possibility anyway, like instead of Ninja Master in your set you can go for Nightblade, you lose MT Jutsu but jutsus are still usefull for bosses Nightblade still has his LV3 FST (with Arch Mage's Aura Wave), MT Shuriken and Black Rain for screen clearing, adding Blow Needles to inflict Silence and Deadly weapon to reduce max HP. 

Or you can do a team of Lise, Hawk and Angela using for Instance Fenrir Knight, Ninja Master and Grand Divina giving Invert Armor to Fenrir Knight in order to get all buffs, put a Shield on her so that she can get the Aggro while Hawk and Angela clean the screen if you are particulary good at Counter you shouldn't have to worry about MP for Hawk and Angela, Angela then would be able to set the Sabers on the party, in mob fight she could make Lise's safe with Transshape, put ennemies to sleep with Sleep Flower and also support with Heal Light and Tinkle Rain and Ninja Master with his final weapon would be able to allow Lise to do free counter on any ennemies weak to Fire, Water, Wind or Earth (aka a LOT of them) on top of doing debuff..... actually that sounds like a really fun team xD 

Edited by Nesouk

I used to run Grand Divina quite often, but the thing about her and screen clearing is that she casts so fast, there is little time in between spells to do much else if you don't want her running all over the screen. There are some advantages to her staying put, e.g. she's out of enemy reach, and she's impervious to certain stat effects while casting. Of course this is not much of an issue if you have a second human to control her.... Plus she has more chances to be countered, the more spells she unleashes. I've been running Archmage more often because of this (that double weakness staff is too much!). Also, you had best be directly controlling the character you want to be countering often, like Fenrir Knight, but this should be obvious.

Edited by rpschamp

Generally single player you better controling the character which you plan to melee attack the most.

You can set Angela's IA so that she stay out of reach, which is what I did in previous playthrough it works most of the time.

So what is your main purpose for doing the LP? To show that any team can win or to show off the new features of this mod? If it's the former than I think that a poll like you have is a decent approach; if it's the latter then you should come up with a list of features beforehand and select your team based on which features you want to demonstrate. An LP is a lot of work so I just want to see you get the most out of your effort.

My main reason for asking is that I was introduced to this mod through an LP, but at the time I had no understanding of how the team I was watching was chosen. I was just amazed at how distinct the gameplay was from the original game; at least several of the changes I had wished for when I played the original game were on display. I'm guessing that if you post this on YouTube then many more people than those who voted on this poll will watch the LP without being aware that your team was decided by a poll, and instead will be attracted or surprised by the features that are obvious from your gameplay.

Edited by rpschamp

I want to show the mod yeah, show the general feature and have fun, I think there is to much thing new in this mod to show in 1 LP anyway as each characters and even each classes have been change in one way, so i thought it would be interesting to let people chose my team and show everything I can with the character selected, and maybe even experiment new stuff i didn't try out before.

So gonna close this now, I add a vote that was posted on a comment on Youtube (which was Lise as main and Angela and Carlie as secondary), so got a tie between Lise and Angela for main character, so since Angela got also the most votes for secondary I'm gonna pick her as Main Character (this will be a funny beginning XD), tie between Lise, Duran and Carlie for secondary character, since Lise got the most vote of the 3 overall I'm gonna pick her for sure. Then it's a choice for me between Carlie and Duran, think I'm gonna take Duran even tough I already play Duran, Angela and Lise recently (as Duelist, Archmage and Vanadis) I think I will still have fun using a completly different set up, also will for sure go for Light Classes with Duran which will be a great opportunity to show how his final Light Class have change in this mod and for personnal taste I think Dragon Emperor's storyline is more enjoyable with both Duran and Angela in the team.