Sign in to follow this  
Nesouk

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana

6 posts in this topic

Took some time but finally begin this LP, so the team will be Angela as main then Duran and Lise as secondary, so this will be the Dragon Emperor route (think I'm gonna show the exclusive places and bosses of the 2 other routes with other playthrough tough).

Episode 1 :

Spoiler

The LP is in french as this is my native language, the game is in english obviously, this first episode is just Angela's prologue up to the meeting with the fairy so not a lot to show early on, and I admitadly didn't play very well and use to much healing items, manage to show some of the new features such as Critical, Counter and of course being able to run while fighting tough but this is more an introduction episode.

Episode 2 :

Spoiler

Getting finally someone that know how to hit hard with Duran, Go to Wendel buying some new gear, doing some story stuff and taking on Full Metal Huger did give some Str to Angela so that she can contribute a little and also after getting Wisp Angela is finally a mage that know how to cast spell xD

Haven't update this in a while despite some episode having be post sorry about that :

Episode 3 :

Spoiler

Escaping from Jad (did farm Moon Coin on Bound Wolf of screen), Maïa has our first accessories to get, otherwise just progressing through the story and beating the incomplete version of the Machine Golems.

Episode 4 :

Spoiler

The infamous Dwarf Village then Jewel Eater fight, think I handle this part pretty well definitly did go smoothly than previous playthroughs, Dwarf get us our holy Beastman Collars which will be very usefull for money for a good chunk of the game, did do a backtracking before Jewel Eater to prepare properly, it's amazing how easy Jewel Eater really is once you know what to do, was the first I was using Steel Gauntlets with Salamando day very good for this fight.

Episode 5 :

Spoiler

Some bad luck on my way to Forcena and during Altena's invasion could have handle this part better, did grind some Molebear's Claw off screen they will come handy for the next boss.

Episode 6 :

Spoiler

Going back to Jad and Rabite Forest to encounter Don Perignon not a lot much to say about this episode it's mainly a plot episode.

Episode 7 :

Spoiler

Going to search Jinn, after reaching the Mana Stone of Wind finally getting our first Class Change I choose the following :

-Duran as a Knight : Duran will be mostly a support character in this playthrough, so Knight is to get the passive effect of Heal Light and Protect Up.

-Lise as Rune Maiden : Mainly for personnal reason I often play her Light Classes so for this playthrough decide to use her Dark Class for debuffing.

-Angela as Delvar : Like Lise I often play Light Class for Angela, decide to show her Dark Class for once, and the Delvar honnestly sucks in Vanilla so I think this is a good to show how much this class has change.

Then grind LV19 to get our first spells, and then I utterly destroy Tzenker didn't stand a chance between Molebear's Claw usage, Speed Down, Angela's Diamond Missile and Duran still hitting like a truck at this point of the game.

Continuing this LP :

Episode 8 :

Spoiler

Here is the infamous Rolante invasion part.... I have absolutly no fucking idea how I manage to do this all section deathless, and beat both Genova and Bill and Ben first try xD

-Genova : The fight where the game clunky system can kill us by having Angela either as Sorceress or Delvar to nuke the mobs is really good here, focusing on Genova with the other and using LV1 Tech, probably got some luck (like when the mobs spawn RIGHT when Angela was ready to cast her spell).

-Bill and Ben : This was a pretty intense fight, so many close call, the stress of running out of item...etc.... using my remaining Bird and Bulette's scales having Dark Lise debuff (especially Speed Down) at this point really help, have to almost constantly check my HP to be sure Duran and Lise wouldn't die (didn't care for Angela caster are useless in this fight due to counter).

Episode 9 :

Spoiler

Ghost Ship time !!! Despite not having Holy spell having Angela is still pretty good to nuke stuff, probably should have use LV2 spell against Gorva, pick Duran and Angela but I should probably have picked Lise instead of Duran the Heal Light effect is still active even if Duran is the one curse, and Debuff are much more usefull than Buffs for Gorva due to him loving to use Black Curse and Anti Magic.

Episode 10 :

Spoiler

The infamous Bucca Island section, this is a long dungeon, all you need to know :

-Delvar : Not as good as Sorceress due to not having Dark elemental spell, but Angela is still a huge help here, make sure to be on a day with an element she can exploit and she can nuke pretty well.

-Knight : Protect Up with Whitelight Ring is his main use here, increasing survivability is pretty much needed.

-Rune Maiden : The speed debuf is probably the most usefull one here.

Spoiler

Lot of farming off-screen did farm ??? Seed to get the item needed for class change, also got an extra Gleipnir cause the MT Mind Down will be usefull for the bosses.

Decide to do the sub-zero field first, the mobs are probably tougher than the desert area but the ability we will gain from Undine will be very usefull for the desert's boss.

Got one death from the Machine Golems, but beat them with my solo strat using Fireblaze and counter.