Sign in to follow this  
PFTM

Sugesstion : Adding Block button and two attack button

17 posts in this topic

Recently The secret of mana getting a new hack called "Secret of Mana, Turbo" and it's really awesome.
Core "Turbo" Features:
- Strong/Weak attacks (now for all 3 players)
There are now 2 different normal attacks for each weapons, attacking while pressing a direction on the D-pad will trigger the strong attack (a thrust with melee weapons) which is 25% stronger than the weak one but takes 25% more time to recharge. In order to not make the game easier and slower it is the weak attack which actually hits 25% less and recharges 25% faster than in vanilla.
 Manual blocking (now for all 3 players)
Pressing the L button now makes your character block, he takes a "blocking stance" during a short time in which he will evade any physical attack. Blocking does not affect the power%, it is hard enough to have the right timing anyway. You can also block while charging but it will pause the charging for a short time.

It's would be nice if you can block enemy attack and magic in some way. 
P/s: I'm stuck at level 18 and the first boss is every strong, healing magic give him 100 hp and every damage i can do is only 20 dps ! Is this possible to meet Mana Stone before the first boss?

3 hours ago, PFTM said:

P/s: I'm stuck at level 18 and the first boss is every strong, healing magic give him 100 hp and every damage i can do is only 20 dps ! Is this possible to meet Mana Stone before the first boss?

What is your team, stat and equipment ? LV18 should be more than enough.

5 hours ago, PFTM said:

- Strong/Weak attacks (now for all 3 players)
There are now 2 different normal attacks for each weapons, attacking while pressing a direction on the D-pad will trigger the strong attack (a thrust with melee weapons) which is 25% stronger than the weak one but takes 25% more time to recharge. In order to not make the game easier and slower it is the weak attack which actually hits 25% less and recharges 25% faster than in vanilla.

there's already something very much like that

5 hours ago, PFTM said:

Manual blocking (now for all 3 players)
Pressing the L button now makes your character block, he takes a "blocking stance" during a short time in which he will evade any physical attack. Blocking does not affect the power%, it is hard enough to have the right timing anyway. You can also block while charging but it will pause the charging for a short time.

for a very broad definition of blocking Lv1 techs take the same role - and I have no intention to mess around with sprites to get a proper block animations

how the hell did you reach lv18 before full metal hagger?
past lv12 you get 2 exp per kill from the lv6 mobs at best, emm...
I don't even...

first chance for class change is still right before tzenker

17 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

there's already something very much like that

for a very broad definition of blocking Lv1 techs take the same role - and I have no intention to mess around with sprites to get a proper block animations

how the hell did you reach lv18 before full metal hagger?
past lv12 you get 2 exp per kill from the lv6 mobs at best, emm...
I don't even...

first chance for class change is still right before tzenker

Blocking techs you're talking about is the shield from duran character?

So how do i kill   full metal hagger  anyway? it's keep casting magic on our team and healing 100hp a lot, i don't know how to  kill him before my team got killed.

There is lv15 mob below the jad location. Of course i've to hit to run all day !

26 minutes ago, PFTM said:

Blocking techs you're talking about is the shield from duran character?

no, Lv1 techs, the thing that requires 4 green dots (tech points) - you're invulnerable to regular attacks during most of it

28 minutes ago, PFTM said:

So how do i kill   full metal hagger  anyway? it's keep casting magic on our team and healing 100hp a lot, i don't know how to  kill him before my team got killed.

what is your team composition? I can't imagine any that require > lv8, though.
do you use healing items? sounds like you just let the poison ticking.

27 minutes ago, PFTM said:

There is lv15 mob below the jad location. Of course i've to hit to run all day !

oh right, the spawn changes once you enter the waterfall cave.

3 hours ago, PFTM said:

Don't get how you can't do it with a LV18 team, at LV7 my Duran could deal 22 damage with Strong Attack, Kevin, Lise and Hawk shouldn't be to far behind that (as rule of thumb on the beginning of the game it's actually better to max out Strength ASAP with anyone but Carlie and Angela (for her to give a little strength at the beginning to not make them a burden on Full Metal Huger after Full Metal Huger tough forget about Str for them) so as far as equipment goes

-The second weapon at Wendel is better cause it has a higher attack power, and you can't really counter FMH efficiently.
-For helm for Duran, Lise and Hawk I suggest the one that give faster cooldown so that they can attack more often, Kevin need defense sadly cause he is naturally weak to Holy as such Holy Ball is deadly for him if you don't give him as much defense as possible so the Helm that increase defense is better for him, for Angela and Carlie they are more fragile so same as Kevin.
-For Armor the second armor in the game, they are actually in term of pure stat the best armor until late game so of course you want them here.

Now for items Item Seed are really usefull as well as Round Drops and a bunch of Puipui Grass but the most valuable item is Matango Oil, you can get them from the base Rabite in Rabite Forest farm 1 for each of your characters (3 if you have Carlie 2 otherwise), throw them right at the beginning of the fight, this is the only way to get Mind Up (at least the defensive part of it) at this point since all of Full Metal Huger's attack save for his regular attack are Magic that significantly reduce the amount of damage you are taking (anybody but Kevin (due to his weakness to holy) will take at worst around 90 damage with this).

It's gotta be the Poison. I can't wrap my head around anything else. Overleveling, even to this extreme, doesn't save you from Poison.

Also, I get why you made standing still the strong attack and moving the weak one Praetarius, but now that I think about it, the reverse like in that other mod is more conducive to gameplay. Might consider also reversing it.

Edited by Valenhil

Dunno about that version of SoM but I'd say here it makes imo more sense the way it is now;
the units that move around the most would probably be tanks and those need more frequent stabs to knock enemies back from your allies - and not infrequent but stronger attacks.
So if you had to always let go of the dpad when you want to attack with a quick jab you'd be more prone to accidentally get the strong attack and then leave your party open for attack.

From my experience, those characters can keep enemies away just fine with reduced attack speed, it's missing the attack that's the problem. Meanwhile, every time I'd like to wail on a boss  to build tech points fast I then need to keep moving around for no reason.

the intended method to differentiate between quick and strong attack is if you hold the attack button or only tap in short.
this worked ok as long as there is sufficient lag; but if you are facing only 1 single small sprite enemy and have 2 dead allies (way less lag) the time between you pressing attack and the game needing to know what attack type it'll be is about 1-2 frames - 3vs3 is more like half a second.
lets say normal player wouldn't be able to get quick attacks under that circumstance with 100% success rate.
getting quick attacks via direction button is just a crutch for that situation.
and inverting the direction thing wouldn't work in that scenario:
hold direction? get strong attack
press attack for more than 1 frame? also strong attack
how to get quick attack? yeah, good luck with that.

could I get that switch to work by removing the original design? maybe but if I want to do that is a different question.

@praetarius5018 

Well, i give up. This god beast keep killing me with Spiral Moon. The boss can casting magic after another magic like combo , i can't press X button when he is casting !
RFksJw2.png

Save files:  https://files.catbox.moe/da2s40.srm

P/s:spectec eyes does not work, don't know how to prevent the spiral moon effect ether

Edited by PFTM

The Spiral Moon effect is a puzzle. Notice that Dolan begins the fight by casting Spiral Moon, which doesn't kill you, so it doesn't automatically kill you. You'll need to figure out a certain method to make Spiral Moon deal less damage.

Hint 1: the method is available for every party.

Hint 2:

Spoiler

Star Lancer has a perfect spell for making it easier to prevent Spiral Moon's damage.

6 minutes ago, Serafie1999AD said:

The Spiral Moon effect is a puzzle. Notice that Dolan begins the fight by casting Spiral Moon, which doesn't kill you, so it doesn't automatically kill you. You'll need to figure out a certain method to make Spiral Moon deal less damage.

Hint 1: the method is available for every party.

Hint 2:

Hide contents

Star Lancer has a perfect spell for making it easier to prevent Spiral Moon's damage.

Are you talking about protect up spell? I tried it but it's doesn't working.
"Weakness - Tree (Posion Bubble, Posion Breath, Pumpkin Bomb, Leaf Sabre)"

I tried to throw pumpkin bomb into him and the damage is really small, every spell i tried on him take a little damage, the only thing work is BTL !

P/s: I tried to start the boss fight with Dryad day, but it's doens't give me extra damage !

Edited by PFTM

How the fuck did you get LV99 at that point ? O_O 

AH Good old Dolan's insanity when you fight him for the first time ^^

52 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

AH Good old Dolan's insanity when you fight him for the first time ^^

ftfy :D

53 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

How the fuck did you get LV99 at that point ? O_O 

the only half sane (and non-cheat) way I can imagine is all other 6 gbs beaten and then max monster level up gear - though as with fmh above I expect something to be amiss tbh.
when getting stopped by a single obstacle the first thought should never be to just go max level >.>

5 hours ago, PFTM said:

Are you talking about protect up spell? I tried it but it's doesn't working.

No, I'm not. As Praetarius said, the method is not a spell. However, one of Star Lancer's spells makes the method much easier to execute.