Kain Stryder

FFVI T-Edition (LUA Translation) - v3.0.5 (2.9.7 (Costume Stats) Still Available) - 3/17/23

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

I likely found a bug in 2.9.3.

I powerleveled the team (Banon/Terra/Sabin/Edgar) to level 53 and Edgar learned Protect!  Naturally!  He had no esper equipped!

It's a minor thing.  I'm unsure what caused it, but early access to Safe is at least of minor use.

gigas.png

My apologies.  I didn't realize Giant Gloves granted knowledge of the Protect spell.  Alleluia!

Edited by Endarire

Kain mentioned in the documentation for this outfit that he thought this was a joke, but Setzer had lines in the SNES and T-Editions where he said he restored the Falcon to usability after it was wrecked by Daryl.  I assume he had extensive mechanical ability to do so; hence, the outfit.

I never said any of this, nor is his outfit based on a mechanic, it's that of a Returner soldier. The translation Tsushiy has for the costume is just it's a model of before he became a pilot based off a Returner soldier's sprite, which unless it's from some Ultimania book or dev interview I'm not familiar with, is not true/his fanfiction. Could it be a more mechanic look? Sure, but I never said it was a joke. Please also stop making new topics unless it's something concrete, not random comments. Post that in the translation thread.

Edited by Kain Stryder

Kain:
My apologies.  I mentally switched your comments on Setzer's engineer outfit and Umaro's oracle costume where you wrote:

"This costume is modeled after Banon's outfit. (I assume it's a joke because Banon is grizzled and looks similar to a yeti -Kain.) "

BUG: I wagered the knife at the Colosseum to fight Shadow.  Gogo fought him and used Mimic as his first command in the fight.  The Mimic command mimicked what Shadow did, causing Gogo to hurt himself with the same ability Shadow used (Fight, Shuriken...)  The game believed Shadow was in the party when he wasn't.

This may be true in vanilla too, but I never tried it.

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire

Cool discovery, but nothing to fix or care about since the fight ends so quickly/easily as he's a pushover/weak. It's a vanilla bug, as the same thing would happen in the Imperial Camp with Kefka if someone had Mimic. Won't fix it or care enough to as it affects so little. Just don't use Mimic I guess.

Edited by Kain Stryder

I've made a new topic/post here with the release of Mato's patch. I'll be pushing a new update within an hour of this post to our download with a quick update and clearing out of some clutter/obsolete optional patches and the removal of v7 (no longer needed). Lua script and our version will still be offered, don't worry. V7 was meant for console/phone use but there is no point to it with Mato's patch now.

Bug: If a foe changes form mid-fight (I'm looking at you, Bahamut) while I have a subwindow open (spells, etc.), the ATB timer keeps going even if I have the timer set to wait.  This is a minor bug, and reentering a submenu fixes it.

This seems to me like a bug:  The negative statuses of the Cursed Shield equipped on the party ignore status effect immunity like from Ribbons!  Vanilla FFVI allowed status effect immunity to override this curse.  (Is it still uncursed by grinding 256 AP while equipped by someone who isn't Gogo/Umaro?)

Seeming Bug: The Blue spell Death Sentence says it ignores death immunity, but it hasn't worked on bosses when I've tried it.

Oddity: Phoenix Downs auto-kill Undead, even bosses, in the early game, but work inconsistently on enemies throughout the game.  Dullahan is clearly Undead, but immune to Phoenix Downs, even though his Wisp helper is affected by Phoenix Downs.

(I'm glad I read your instructions on how to get character-specific costumes from mastery.  Otherwise, I would have called 'bug!'  Crisis averted!  Alleluia!)

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire

1. Not a bug, just how the code works when enemies phase change or dialogue happens.

2. Intentional, changes.html mentions the Cursed Shield will bypass immune status now.

3. Some bosses will flat resist no matter what. It is possible to force via Death Roulette/Joker Doom but I'm not going to explain the strategy.

4. Only Phantom Train in WoB can be killed this way anymore. Every other undead boss (some exceptions) after has been fixed. Tsushiy fixed this but it broke somehow, and he decided not to fix it since it was only the Phantom Train being affected.

A new small, but fun update is up:

- Thanks to a streamer asking me if it was possible to edit the costume stats themselves, I was reminded about wanting to release the method to edit costume stats, so you could create your own builds as balanced or OP as you'd like, without relying on Tsushiy's base stats or my custom patch. The Optional Patches folder has a new read me and lua file in it, so read the read me and follow the step-by-step instructions to get started (don't worry, it's VERY simple and I walk you through the process).

Have fun everyone, and be sure to show off your builds!

Note: This will work on Mato's translation, but you won't be able to see your stats in the Dressing Room, so write down what you have set them as for reference if you need. Follow the read me file instructions and if not using our work, just patch the ips to Mato's rom and enjoy.

Edit: I accidentally had written to load an "open me" lua, there's no such file in the read me. I had meant to write "load me". Files have been updated again, sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Kain Stryder

What WoR random encounter enemies inflict Zombie as a status effect?  Where to find them?  (I ask for the Super Doctor D quest.  The other status effects I can get via Bad Breath or Break aimed on our party.)

Thankee!

I've updated the main post of the thread at the top with a link to a separate thread here detailing Mato's translation. Per his request, we now handle/maintain his work for it, more information can be found in the thread found here:

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/1249-matos-translation-patch-and-compatibility-with-our-patches/

We've also included a lua for his patch, just with our quality of life changes IF you are playing on emulator only. This won't work on console, handhelds, or phone.

I've also updated the main download on the first post of our translation to now include a Bestiary for Mato's work (prior it wouldn't work, we now offer the info for our translation and his). You can find it in the html folder, just open the index file in any browser and check the sidebar for "Lua Version Bestiary" and "Mato Version Bestiary".

Edited by Kain Stryder

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I threw up an update to our lua and translation, and did a handful of cleaning up some of the item names and such. One of the new lua features is the following picture (and we also applied it to Mato's patch's lua). The lua itself and setup can now be found in the main download of the first post of this thread or just click here to grab it. Enjoy!

unknown.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

For the final battle, I found what seems like a bug in 2.9.3 during the final boss fight.  We haven't updated to 2.9.4 due to wanting to finish this run on the same setup.

In 2.9.3, I'm pretty sure the Goner ability is bugged:  It's a full party auto-dispel that did enough damage to one shot my entire team with Big Guard active when my team was at full HP at level 70ish!  By the grace of Christ, I had Mog available to Dance to Wind dance and rewound/reloaded until I got Updraft (mass Jump) to bypass Goner so that my party wasn't auto-killed!  Even then, our Life 3 effect from Asura and our Golem effect were dispelled despite being higher than the boss!  If Goner didn't auto-dispel, it would be far more balanced!  It just seemed like very bad design to reach the final fight and suddenly learn there was only "one true way" to win!

Our team still won after a lot of reloading to ensure we got Updraft at the right time, but I mourn for anyone who wasn't perfectly prepared for this fight!

Edited by Endarire

Spoiler

Goner isn't bugged, that's how its designed. You can jump to avoid or back row+defend against it. Your levels don't matter or have any impact on being dispelled. You can flat kill him before he even does Goner. There's a few methods to the fight. You're also on 2.9.4, the file was listed as 2.9.3 because .4 until I changed it was 2 small text errors Tsushiy fixed that had no impact on the English side. All good otherwise.

Edited by Kain Stryder

Pushed a small update.

- Setzer's chocobo riding sprite has been fixed. It was displaying his vanilla model by mistake. I corrected this while editing the next thing:

- Fixed/tweaked my custom Locke sprite a bit and updated the preview pics for him and the Kefka one in the optional patches folder.

kefka_preview.png

locke_preview.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Added a couple of small changes:

- The custom stats patch wasn't using the stats I had assigned, it now does. If you were using my patch, reapply it to fix it (redownload the main file in the first post here). The loadme.lua also has had its ips name that it creates for your custom stats changed (this was possibly the error, as it was naming the file the file name for my patch).

- The 4 player multitap had an error in the readme for setup, should've said the 5 player multitap not 8 option on snes9x. Also, we confirmed it will work on Mato's, but currently the text option is a garbled mess. It should read "Players 1 2 3 4" but the numbers when highlighted change (just select the number in order of 1 2 3 4 of how many players you want). Just the presentation is off until we can fix it.

- A line in the lua that we had added as a note but never put in. Spoiler:

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Good old Greg's line here in the base Japanese version is just Siegfried's SNES text. Unsure if Tsushiy missed it as an oversight or what, but it made no sense since no one is pretending to be Gilgamesh. Instead, I had him give a hint to his new quest without you having to check the new event html for it.

Edited by Kain Stryder

Pushed a small update to both patches for the lua translation.

- Item and Rage names in the EX patch were accidentally reverted to an older version prior to me fixing an issue months ago and I just caught it upon fixing another error. While doing this I cleaned up alot of what I could in our EX version's item/Rage list and everything now matches the names from the base patch/mod (names in EX were VERY old).

- Berserker Ring's icon was that of a bracelet, this has been fixed to be a ring now.

- Changed Attack to Fight, Dblcst to XMagic, GilTos to G.Toss, and SnowSt to Storm to clean up/fix the names even more.

- Merit Award's text on the equip menu originally said "Heavy" and now says AnyEqp. Gauntlet said TwoHnd and now says 2-Hand.

- The Silence spell not showing if it misses now correctly does (again this was fixed but reverted when I had to fix the patch months ago).

Edited by Kain Stryder

Did a small bug fix that if you're currently playing you need to update for. If you haven't yet entered Kefka's Tower and fought a specific boss, then you're ok. However, if you did and didn't get a very unique drop, update your patch and then do the following (heavy spoilers below):

Spoiler

1. Search the lua for this line: function enterCarbuncleCatoblepasFight()

2. Below it, write in this line: if 1 then memory.writeword(0x7E11E0,691) return end

3. Save the file.

4. Load the lua and enter any battle on the world map, defeat the enemy that appears.

5. You'll get your missing relic upon winning.

6. Remove the line you put into the lua and save the file.

I had goofed when fixing up the names and the relic in question in hex is right next to Soul of Thamasa. Since the limit is 8 characters, I had written SoulTham. (and didn't catch my error) the key here being the . which is 99 in hex and not valid for the relic graphic icon. I wasn't thinking and didn't catch it (the display for the graphics in hex is a . also but the code for the icon needed is 0C). The next relic after it is what's in the spoiler above, so its icon was not displayed properly and when auto sorted would just disappear from your inventory. Sorry for the mess up.

Edited by Kain Stryder

On 2/28/2022 at 3:59 PM, Volcannon said:

Where is the Rename Card?

It's removed. You have to wait sadly until very end game to find a Namingway NPC.

another question then. I did all the costumes and yet I am missing the Best Models achievement. Any idea what I need to do exactly to get this one?