Kain Stryder

FFVI T-Edition (LUA Translation) - v3.0.5 (2.9.7 (Costume Stats) Still Available) - 3/17/23

123 posts in this topic

If you did the Secret Present quest, it doesn't count for it. You'll need to unlock them normally (which you can still do). Full information is in the html files under newevents.html in the achievement section (first post for the download here in this topic).

A new update is up. Tsushiy popped back again after almost 1.5 years and put out a new version (2.9.5 and 2.9.6).

UPDATE: So 2.9.6 is completely busted for the time being. Mato's, the lua, and JP all hard crash when beating Ifrit and Shiva. I've reported it to Tsushiy, in the meanwhile, play 2.9.4 (still included in the download), I'll try and see if 2.9.5 is stable, as I feel whatever he did with a script in 2.9.6 did this. I'll report back when I have more information.

Note: Current bug found where the battle with Kefka at Narshe is busted. You can still win, but his script is broken. Reported to Tsushiy, hopefully it can be fixed.

Here's what's new in the attached picture.

A change to the lua version was made due to Tsushiy's code editing, for some odd reason any ring and ribbon icon for relics is breaking the inventory badly. I spent 3 hours and came up with a jury rigged fix that simply changes the icons to necklaces and helmets. Sorry for the confusion, but unless I find another method, this'll have to do for now. The game wasn't playable otherwise. Oddly, it didn't affect Mato's translation, so that's good.

I've for safety gone ahead and left v2.9.4 available until we can make sure 2.9.6 is stable and working. I did however remove my Locke and Kefka sprite edits, as Tsushiy has gone ahead and added them officially to the mod! (Kefka isn't mine, but was made off of NAOKI's work, I just punched it into the game.) I expect some minor fixes to happen, so keep a look out for any updates.

One major piece of advice: if you're transferring your save file over to 2.9.6, sell any Experience Eggs to an NPC or you'll have a bad time.

296.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Ok, 2.9.7 is up. Tsushiy figured out the problems, and it expanded past Kefka and the Ifrit/Shiva battles. Instead of reverting the issue, he fixed it, as reverting is only if he can't 100% solve it. He warns the game may still break. I speedran to the WoR and everything looked ok. Mato's and the lua both had some issues; I fixed all of the lua problems, and only half fixed Mato's. I wrote a more detailed report in his download and bug readme. For now the mod should be stable, but if not, 2.9.4 is still available.

Also new to both downloads, thanks to Laurel's sprite work and due to Gens's coding, we now offer alternative default menu sprites. They've also been given to Tsushiy if he decides to use them (he thought they were really well made). You can preview them in the download, but here's how they look:

portraitcompare.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

16 hours ago, Bielito23 said:

Hey kain, i'm curious, does your alternative stats costumes still work in this new update or it breaks something?

Still works. All patches as of 2.9.7 work.

Had a bug reported and upon further investigation, we learned 2.9.7 for the lua is busted. Please use 2.9.4 or Mato's for now. Only affecting the lua, nothing else (can still use the lua files on Mato's).

Edited by Kain Stryder

Ok, update is up. I managed to find the issue and fix it, so please update asap. Locke, Cyan, Shadow, and Edgar's default job titles will be garbage due to new coding, but should be fixed soon. I just wanted a quick fix asap in the meanwhile.

A new update is up for both versions. The lua has been streamlined into 1 file for each and a new Bestiary feature is available. To view it, in battle pause then hit L, and to see page 2, hit Y for more info. Outside of battle, in the main menu, just hit L to bring it up. Only the lua was changed, the game hasn't been touched. Grab it from the first post download in this thread.

unknown.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

A small bug has been found with any gravity attack in 2.9.7 and gone ahead and updated the patch to temp fix this. Some job titles are gonna be jargon but things work for the time being. Sorry for the hassle.

For those wondering and having seen Mato's version get a 3.0 release, we're working on the lua one still. My work is done, but just trying to clean the menus up a little. For the time being, here's the new 3.0 html files and lua at least, with the update notes in the history.html.

My update notes and the ips files aren't done yet, sorry. I'll post when it goes live. Note that 2.9.4 and 2.9.7 will be a separate download and remain available, the link in the first post still.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ss7ec4pc0uuyu7z/FF6+T-Edition+English+3.0.rar/file

Edited by Kain Stryder

Lua 3.0.3 is up and available. Please read the history html and readme translation files for a rundown as to find out what's new (or check below). Please also read the first post here (just the top part). Here's the download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ss7ec4pc0uuyu7z/FF6+T-Edition+English+3.0.rar/file

update303.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

A minor update is up just for the EX patch. A small bug was fixed that when changing costumes in EX 2.0.3 the game would crash. Link for the download is the same as the one above or in the first post.

Another update up; we fixed the status screens and all the job titles. Update your lua for the 3.0+ version found in the download above or the first post.

status.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Another small update is up. We added the elemental icons to replace the shoddy rush job we had previously done (Fi, Ic, Th, etc). Update is in the first post along with a newly updated lua file.

image.png

An update for v3.0.4 and 2.0.5 EX are now up. A handful of bug fixes were addressed:

- Status menu display for stats and certain character slots were displaying the wrong info on the party select screen, as well as an instance of the game crashing.

- Cerberus's blank name in Soul Shrine has been fixed.

- A status menu oddity only briefly seen if you check the menu once starting a brand new game on a brand new file with no save data has been fixed.

- Costume freezing was addressed again in EX and had its code revised.

- Gold Needle in EX was performing the Teleport Stone item data during battle and causing a soft lock; this has been fixed.

A few minor lua fixes were also done, including wrong Steal results for certain enemies only affecting the lua version.

You said you streamlined the lua of the bestiary into 1 file, but I see the main lua and a plugin folder with the bestiary lua files separated. Can you tell me how I run the luas without having to run all of them as separate files?

19 minutes ago, Lhsgenx41 said:

You said you streamlined the lua of the bestiary into 1 file, but I see the main lua and a plugin folder with the bestiary lua files separated. Can you tell me how I run the luas without having to run all of them as separate files?

Just load the FF6_TEnglishHijack.. etc file and you're good. Bestiary will be available in the menu screen or via pausing in battle. Don't bother loading the files in the plugins folder.

2 minutes ago, Kain Stryder said:

Just load the FF6_TEnglishHijack.. etc file and you're good. Bestiary will be available in the menu screen or via pausing in battle. Don't bother loading the files in the plugins folder.

👍😉

Added a new optional patch to fix up/make the costume menu sprites look better for 3.0+, but it can be used on 2.9.4 and 2.9.7 as well if using the Laurel_portraits patch (can use one or the other or both, Laurel's just changes the default costumes, as does what Tsushiy did for 3.0). This patch uses the style of what Laurel/Tsushiy did.

Thanks to Gens for his hard work on adding these in!

Some examples of the changes:

image.png.1bf1d996390564e75cdaa17885ccc487.pngimage.png.52c941d4d2ba633f344d29b61fc6c201.pngimage.png.293ca8b5e5c7efeb82ce4d18e0d022b1.png

Edited by Kain Stryder