Kain Stryder

FFVI T-Edition (LUA Translation) - v3.0.5 (2.9.7 (Costume Stats) Still Available) - 3/17/23

123 posts in this topic

More updates. Changes:

- Most of the config menu is complete (The magic catigories are sadly unable to be full non-truncated, we apologize. Enjoy Tim Magic.)

- Fixed the "Short" command type menu.

- Translated the "Multi" control style menu.

- I never want to see this menu again, but there's 1 screen left to do - Laz

As a small note, as it doesn't LOOK like much, this screen alone took FOUR hours to deal with, as EVERY word you see has its own line of code and had to be edited and moved to where there was space.

ff6config1.png

ff6config2.png

ff6config3.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Small update is up:

- Fixed the "sell" menu at shops loading the old truncated menus.

- The final config screen mentioned above is now translated and rearranged the code for the Buttons menu (note: this screen was removed from the english version of FF6, so if it's new to you, that's why).

ff6t67.PNG

Edited by Kain Stryder

A BIG update is now live. The magic/item etc menus non-truncation and such is still being worked on due to a difficulty, but in the meanwhile, we have this to release:

- VWF for descriptions added by dn.

- Magic, Blitz, Iaido, Eidolon, Blue Magic, and Rage descriptions translated and inserted.

- Due to the above, we have removed the kanji+steal+treasure patch, as it not only breaks things, but our work now translates it.
However, a downside is the japanese dialogue and such is now even more unreadable and a mess, so for the time being, we apologize
until we can address and fix this. As of now, you can read steal and treasure box results without any patches, however, yes/no
patch still works AS FAR AS WE KNOW, but any issues, please report them. Kanji only patch will ONLY now replace the Libra scan
weaknesses with SNES graphic icons and no longer shows the elemental affinities on armor (they are busted kanji, please ignore for
now). Another result of the above is kanji in menus and item descriptions is double overlapped, so again, sorry for the mess in
the meanwhile.

ff6tblitz.png

ff6tblue.png

ff6teidolon.png

ff6tiaido.png

ff6tmagic.png

ff6trage.png

ff6tsteal.png

I've went ahead and re-added v7 of the english translation to the download, in case someone wants japanese text for dialogue/descriptions still mostly intact and can read them. For the time being, at least. I've also re-added the 3rd optional patch for steals/treasure box results for v7 as well, since even if you can read japanese, the results are like "stole kuruzeze" which is just sdkfjsdfs since we messed with the font coding.

As a reminder, do NOT use the steals/treasure patch on v8+ or any new patch moving forward as it will break the font descriptions; the steal/treasure results are now readable in-game without the patch.

Once we release the item descriptions (being worked on now, just *only* 270ish things to write/translate, there'll be little reason to play on japanese anymore, as dialogue will be the next thing to tackle. Until then, v7 is available for anyone interested.

Edited by Kain Stryder

Big update is up! The next update will push this to version 1.0 and out of beta. I've renamed the versions also, sorry for any confusion. Right now this is 0.9 and the next major update will be 1.0. Changes:

The reworked Magic menu is now live! Below is the thing we were waiting on:

- dn fixed the MP Cost/percentage for the magic menu, so we have expanded magic names in the main menus now! (The battle menu is still being fixed due to a small graphical glitch, but will be live soon. The picture is just to show how it'll look. The error is with the Def. Cha. (left/right commands) and Slots with Setzer (the top of the Magic menu bleeds over into Slots).

- dn also fixed the issue on the Eidolon menu with text behaving oddly.

- Changed the blank Blue Magic routine to blank out the entire line, fixing the blank slot issue that popped up.

ff6tmagic1.png

ff6tmagic2.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Download the file and see for yourself.

Minor update also:

Item descriptions are taking some time, and they'll be done when they're done. Just been a couple weeks, didn't want people thinking stuff stopped. There's 270 items, plus descriptions, plus the coding, plus making sure nothing breaks... it's a daunting task for Laz. Nothing else to report in the meanwhile.

I joined this site just so I can comment here. I am absolutely THRILLED to see the work you all have done to translate this mod. After learning about it from Tomato (of Mother 3 fame), I knew I had to play this. Thanks to you, I can finally start to enjoy this mod! I look forward to seeing the continued effort. Keep it up and thank you!

I am very impressed with the progress you have made with this mod so far, as Japanese and coding are two skills that I do not have. Are there any ways that us non-Japanese speakers and non-programmers can aid you? I would like to say that I'm patient, because I have a lot of respect for the hard work you're putting into this, but am very eager to replay FF6 in a new way amidst this quarantine.

Small update is up.

Version 0.9.1

- A new optional patch has been added, this one fixing the sound/music in the game if not playing on uosnes. If you're playing on SNES9x or any other emulator, it's recommended you pop this on. Check some of the songs out such as FF8 - Man With The Machine Gun or FFT - Antipyretic for a quick comparison before/after patching. Thanks to Emberling (courtesy of Serity) for this patch!

Final Fantasy XMAS Ver [???]
FF7 Those Who Fight Further [vs. No. 128 & Inferno]
FF8 The Man With The Machine Gun [Cyan's Dream fights]
FF8 Force Your Way [vs. IAF & Iron Clad]
FF8 The Extreme [vs. Ultima, Soul Shrine Group 15]
FF9 Battle 1 [Eureka Battle]
FF10 Servants Of The Mountain [Eidolon Cave, Falcon: Umaro's Ronso Waist Cloth]
FF13 The Sunleth Waterscape ["Night Patrol" side quest, Falcon: Sabin's Nora's Coat]
FF13 Blinded by Light [Ancient Castle Cave & Ancient Castle Battle]
FFT Antipyretic [Narshe Snowfield Defense Battle]
BDFF That Person's Name Is [Soul Shrine Group 9]
SD2 Meridian Dance [vs. Valigarmanda]
SG2 Decisive Battle [vs. Blue Dragon]
SG3 SOL Pileup Stack [vs. Storm Dragon]
RS2 The Sinking Ship [South Figaro "Destroy The Cave Demons" side quest]
RS3 Bottom Sea Palace [Ancient Castle Cave]
XG Awaken [vs. Ultima]
LAL Pure Odio [vs. Wrexsoul]
RUD The Flame and the Arrow [vs. Red Dragon]

Minor(?) intro fixes:

*FF1 Boss Battle B [Vs. Marilith & Tiamat]
*FF3 Final Battle [Soul Shrine Group 10 & Cloud of Darkness]
*FF5 The Decisive Battle [vs. All-Knowing One (Omnicent) & Exdeath]
*FF7 Fighting [WoR Phantom Forest Battle]
*FF7 J-E-N-O-V-A [vs. Omega]
*FF7 One Winged Angel [vs. Sephiroth, Soul Shrine Group 14]
*FF9 Not Alone [Cyan's Dream Event]
*FF9 Battle 2 [vs. Earth Dragon]
*FF10 Men Staked On Blitz [Falcon: Sabin's Auroch's Bandana]
*FF10 Seymour Battle [vs. Shinryu]
*FF11 Belief [vs. Kam'lanaut & Eald'narche]
*FF13 March of the Dreadnoughts [Falcon: Terra's Bodhum Regional Military Uniform]

Edited by Kain Stryder

Pushed a small upate to emberling's music fix.

If you've downloaded the game from the previous post, please re-download and re-apply the music patch again. Thanks again to emberling on the fix!

I loved Tomato's work on Mother 3 and had to make an account just to scream in glee after I heard about this project!

I can't express how excited I am by this!

So, this is what Celica spoke of when we first met up.

Looks like a decently well-made mod, with the amount of effort put in thus far. Will be checking this out for certain.
~Amy

Had to sign up to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I heard about this hack 5 years ago and have been praying every time I search the internet to see if there is an update. I am eternally grateful for what you and your team are doing, thank you for this.

Quick little update to the English version. Nothing major on the ROM translation front, just some fixes if you re-download it:

• 10/27/20: Fixed "X?pD MP" text in battle Magic/Lore menus. Tweaked some Lore names for consistency, as well as compatibility with the optional Long Spell Names In Battle patch.
  • 10/23/20: "Fixed"(?) the bug when using a Rage Special with Dancing Dagger. Previously it would go read and execute garbage code; now if a proc "succeeds", nothing happens and it swings again until a non-proc connects. This code is dumb, I hate it. P.S. Something ultra obscure was found involving the Dancing Dagger and... something else...? ;)
  • 10/21/20: adjusted ultros 3's ai so the event progresses even if you use wishing star (since plot-wise he should be reacting to the sketch/drawing of him that relm makes, not the tentacle)
  • 10/19/20: Updated some item and enemy names to be more accurate to Final Fantasy's english translations (goodbye Orthros!). You can see the full list of edits over here.
  • 10/14/20: Removed "Cures Disease" from Chakra's description since it doesn't do that.
  • 10/10/20: Made Cyan's Snow/Moon Iaido descriptions more accurate (no, Snow doesn't inflict Freeze).
  • 10/02/20: Fixed bug where Silence spell will not show "Miss" if the enemy is immune.
  • 09/27/20: Changed the rename screen to match (mostly) the FF3us's alphabet order. Anything that's not A-Za-z0-9 and a few symbols was replaced with a space. " and ' are not available due to the 8x8 font and the fixed-width-font having swapped their positions between each other.
  • 09/21/20: Adjusted the item sort order - Shadow's scrolls are now sorted above knives so they're at the top of your throw list instead of the bottom, and hair relics have been moved down between 'ring relics' and 'cloak relics' rather than being in the helmets (they used to be headgear but are no longer).
  • The sorting bug (from T-Edition JP) where the game will put items with IDs past 0xFF near the top of your inventory has been fixed. Your Black Belts will now sort down near other relics. This should greatly reduce the chance of the "wrong item effect in battle" bug occurring as well, since your relics shouldn't sort near your consumables, though that one hasn't been fixed in the ROM.
  • Garbled text in the coliseum has been fixed.
  • B.Lamia has been properly renamed rather than being a duplicate LamiaQen.
  • The "can't see what rate skills from items are taught" bug has been fixed.
  • Eidolon names have been fixed in-battle.

You can download these minor updates individually over here if you've downloaded the ROM previously and would prefer to just slap some patches on instead of re-download the whole archive.

Small note on that last one for Lua users: if you were using the Lua 1.1 Beta (not 1.01c) before September 18, make sure you update to the latest version in the other thread - running an older Lua 1.1 Beta and the latest ROM will cause them to clash and (funnily enough) display the wrong Eidolon name.

Edited by Serity

Been a good while, but a nice update is now up. Along with the above that Serity posted about, there's this:

- The in-battle magic menu showcased months ago is now unofficially added. Lazarus was not originally wanting to add it due to a graphical bug persisting and being a professional, he wanted to have it fixed first. However, after months of trying and some talented people attempting to fix it, we were unable to. I decided though to release it as a stand-alone ips patch in the Optional Patches folder of the download until, if ever, we can "officially" add it to the ROM itself. That and for those of you who don't care about a slight graphical bug and don't want to look at Pzna, Thng, Slog, etc spell names. The other reason this is a stand-alone ips patch is in the event it breaks anything. Thanks to Bropedio, we were able to add it in and check how it'd work, but some very glaring issues arised quickly with it. Serity managed to tweak and fix it but stuff MAY still break, so proceed with caution. From some light testing, it works WAY better than it did and SHOULD behave, but we'll see.

Currently, we're aware there's some slight graphical bugs with this patch, but that's all it is; graphical. It won't crash your game or hinder you, and only happens in a handful of battles we've noticed so far (an example being for all of the Soul Shrine fights, it happened in 2 battles, but I've seen it personally in about 3-4 outside of that, the worst being a Fanatic's Tower random battle). The graphics will just disappear or not fully display a sprite (or one of your party members just completely disappears; it could be costume related or just too much going on with the screen display, we don't know). Again, nothing game breaking, just slightly annoying, but don't be alarmed.

Thanks to dn on the amazing menu work, it was his coding that got this all nice and fancy looking. Bropedio again for adding it in and Serity for tweaking it.

magic4.png

Edited by Kain Stryder

Another update, with another optional patch:

- A brand new costume system (OPTIONAL) has been added into the Optional Patches folder. This is a rewrite of the costume stats that adds a bit more fun/replay value and strategy to the game, making each costume now more viable based on your play style with some beefy stat boosts. 60 points have been allocated per costume. Please check the read me file in the folder within for a better explanation to the new patch. This does NOT replace the base game, as it's an optional patch and you can even revert the changes at any time. We just wanted to give a new outlook and some options for most of the costumes to see use and to make you feel like unlocking them was more worth it. The stats may change at a later date, as well as we release a "do it yourself" method to customize the stats to your own liking, further adding to the gameplay value, but for now, please enjoy!

Small little update up. Happy New Year/Holidays to everyone, I hope this year finds everyone much, much better than 2020.

- I added a custom-made sprite edit for Kefka that I made in the editor via NAOKI's design from the sprite files. This sprite of Kefka is more Amano-like and fits with the rest of the cast's new look. It's been placed in the optional patches folder if you'd like to use it. Here's some pictures of it in action; please note his battle sprite's light blue arms/pants are instead a dark blue/black due to how the game displays sprite colors in battles (it's a small side effect but I think it looks nice, and since he's so rarely seen in battle it doesn't really matter a whole lot).

kefka4.png

kefka1.png

kefka2.png

kefka3.png

Another small update is up, this time with a Locke sprite edit. This one replaces his base costume with a more Amano/Nomura artwork look, made by myself. This one was much harder than Kefka since Tsushiy has split the field/battle sprites, effectively allowing for ANY sprite to be edited without it affecting others, which is really nice. Since Kefka isn't separated into 2 sheets (field/battle), that's the reason he's got a darker blue look in battle. Locke however, was fixable, though I was unable to use red/pink, so I changed his back design to more what the Dissidia Locke has on his jacket (Nomura's artwork). The field sprite is my own little touch with the Phoenix. This can be found in the Optional Patches folder. Enjoy!

On a smaller note, we are currently working on a MSU-1 for the game's music to unmuddle/fix it to how Tsushiy intended with uosnes. I'll post more info once it's finished with complete details.

lockesprite.png