praetarius5018

FF1 - Adamant Edition

20 posts in this topic

FF1_adamant-0.png.b6dc07f2c5b812456c1bd3c29dc4036b.pngFF1_adamant-1.png.98bdf01f21aba56e25d22666ebb06a6b.png

FF1_adamant-2.png.ff892a4d94e37f630e89ebc35687f9c6.pngFF1_adamant-3.png.61b875922b2349b0c9608e2148f0aa08.png

general changes

• 12 classes selectable
  • class change event instead grants +20 m.def
  • reworked spell list, INT increases spell effectiveness
  • reworked equipment list
  • hit count is now fixed based on class, e.g. fighter has 5, rogue 8
  • all the bug fixes and speedup modfications including dash button
  • buffed bosses
  • doubled exp gain, reduced early to mid game costs
  • most regular encounter are now runnable (all except those linked to boss formations)
  • some small dungeon changes, mostly ice cave to prevent bypassing the Eye boss via warp spell and to get bats in earth cave out of the way

classes:

Fighter
can use swords, axes and the heaviest armor

Rogue
dual wields knives, 8 hits, deals highest damage against low def targets

Bl.Belt
unarmed expert, highest m.def and lv50 damage

RedMage
can use swords and a good portion of white and black magic but has only mediocre stats

WhiteMage
can cast every white spell

BlackMage
can cast every black spell

Paladin
sword fighter with limited selection of white spells (up to level 5)

Ninja
dual wielding glass canon, can learn some black magic spells (up to level 5)

Druid
unarmed brawler that learns some support spells of all levels

Shaman
can learn every support spell

Magus
can learn every damage spell

Sage
can learn every spell but slow gain of spell charges

Download

Edited by praetarius5018

I'm planning on trying this once I'm finished with my run of Return of the Dark Sorcerer 2.0 I just started.  I really enjoyed your Void Divergence hack and I am excited to try this one. Has anyone played this one?

Edited by Zig

that is a complicated topic, actually.

on the creating side there was not really much difference - except SD3 towards the end sucked, don't want to have to deal with that stupid compression again, really, and the casting time pointers can go to hell as well >.>

and the playing side - I honestly only enjoyed this one here, for some reason all the others trigger the same bad feel as if using cheats.

I mean "cheats" boil down to "I don't like how it is so I change it" and what are mods from a maker's view but exactly that? :S

I think I might try this soon, I imagine it's gonna be a lot faster of a run than Return of the Dark Sorcerer.   I am thinking of Paladin Druid Ninja Sage.  Is the reason you beat it 3 times so you could rest every class? I would also like to say that new version of Return of the Dark Sorcerer is really good, I highly suggest everyone try it if they haven't already.

I started up the game with a party of Paladin Druid Ninja Sage, and i'm excited to get started.  Which classes were your favorite to play and which were your favorite to program?

RedMage, no contest.

Stat wise most classes were straight forward, spells as well - there was not much to do for e.g. BlackMage but check all boxes for "black" spells that were reserved for the Black Wizard. Most other caster are just as simple - Sage gets all spells, Paladin mostly defensive spells, Shaman gets all spells that Magus doesn't, etc.
The only one where I had to put much thought into was RM.

I hope druid and paladin don't end up being redundant.  Can you give us a hint on any new hacks you might be working on?

considering this is still FF1 at its core, I'm convinced that having 3 melee guys is redundant - the second of my teams (Fighter, Rogue, Monk, Shaman) was easily the hardest;
most of the random mob formations have 5-9 enemies at once, so picking them off one by one when they later have aoe skills or even instant death moves is less than pleasant.
for bosses you want 1-2 buffed melees - stuff like fast, tmpr, lock exist for a reason - this isn't the gba version where you can spam endless aoe near-full heal3s.

it can be done without damage buffs but it just requires extra grinding - team1 beat chaos at 37/38 (and that only because I had to go through the final dungeon twice for the masamune), team2 had to go up to 45;
a buffed paladin hit for 400-500 against the final boss with his 5k HP while the mostly unbuffed team b trio needed crits to cut through the defense at all.

Having played a while I see what you mean about the 3 melee. I will consider amending my party. Did you have many problems with the third group not having any heavy armored characters?

Edited by Zig

I actually wanted to play this, and actually downloaded it 2 mounth ago but completly forget to try XD. Will try soon

8 hours ago, Zig said:

Did you have many problems with the third group not having any heavy armored characters?

Not because of that, though I could have shuffled the order around a bit as the game goes on as the one with "best" defense changed every once in a while but the difference was so small I didn't really have to.

The issue with armor is not how much damage you take at once but how much it "costs" in healing charges after a battle and how much it threatens you with status effects from attacks from certain monsters (poison, sleep, stun, petrify, death) because of lower evade.
Not that it does anything against criticals either.
Overall, it really is a tradeoff.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what Mend does?  I can't find any information on this spell at all.  Thank you all for your time.