Search the Community: Showing results for tags 'battle network'.
Found 2 results
1246 downloadsThis is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github. Features Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt! The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here! Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong. Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode! If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time. More details can be found in the included Notes.txt. Instructions Download the randomizer and aquire a rom of Mega Man Battle Network 3. Either version works. Unzip the randomizer into its own folder. You'll need WinZip, 7Zip, WinRar, or whatever else you prefer to uncompress .zip files. Put the rom of MMBN3 White into the folder, next to the randomizer and the text files. Rename the rom to white.gba or blue.gba for their respective versions. Run the Executable to just patch BN3 White, or if you want to be fancy, make a .bat file with the "-h" or "-i" parameter to see what's available. If you used -i/--input, it should've opened a Command Prompt window to ask you to type in some values. Type in what it asks, whatever you feel like will work for the most part, except typing in nothing in a couple of cases. It should be asking for a "Seed" now. Type in anything, it can even use a string. Or don't and let the script generate one. You should now see a bunch of values flood the window until it finally says done and a generated rom named blue_randomized.gba or white_randomized.gba should have been created. Open *_randomized.gba in an emulator to see your changes! Known Issues/Caveats The rom must be a clean copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3. The rom must be in the same directory as the Python script and MUST be named white.gba for the White version or blue.gba for the Blue version. ROM Checksums These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums. CRC32: 0BE4410A MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165 These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums. CRC32: C0C780F9 MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
MMBN3 White Randomizer I found the original MMBN3 White Randomizer a while ago and decided to tweak it to make things more interesting. Here's the list of changes: Removed the VarSwrd damage penalty (Was 60, now it's back to its default of 160). Added the ability to change all Battle Chip and Program Advance damage values directly with text files. Added the ability to change Virus and Navi HP directly with text files, though I don't have their names listed anywhere, so good luck with that. Added Game Modifiers to play around with Chip Damage/Enemy HP Multipler and Variance values Chip Roulette Modes Added the ability to type in a Seed for the randomizer. It also saves whatever seed you use to a new file for sharing purposes. If you don't supply a seed, it generates one. These are all explained in the included NOTES.txt. Credit goes to Samfin, Prof.9, and Rockman.exe for the original program, and myself for the tweaks. NOTE: This requires Python 2.7 in order to use it without issues. I tried porting it over to 3.3, it was a headache to figure out so I just reverted those changes. Also, I'm no super-genius of a programmer, so don't expect any updates to this from me. As much as I would've like to modify other aspects, I'm just not smart enough to. If you're wondering how I figured out all of this, I used a Hex Editor and notes I found on a major Mega Man Battle Network site, as well as some Python help resources. Known Issues: Jelly Viruses, specifically their wave attack, will crash some emulators while creating sprites in other emulators. I'm not sure if this is an emulator-specific issue or something to do with the ramdomizer. It also will only crash/create sprites when hitting Rocks or Mega Man, not Rooks. Prisms might also be unaffected, though unsure. Testing the randomized roms on console with a low-grade flash cart produces the sprites, but doesn't crash the game, so I'm thinking this might just be something the randomizer does that emulators pick up poorly. I'm also unsure if they're due to my changes or not. Snipe'd the problem and fixed it. None that I've noticed, but feel free to post any!