About This File
TO: LUCT is no doubt one of the classics of turn based tactical games, it can boast complex storyline with a memorable cast of characters and multiple endings, as well as a deep combat system with a vast arsenal of equipment, items and spells. Its PSP port can also serve as an example of how such things should be done, with the game getting not only a much needed facelift but also a thorough redesign of most combat elements.
Sadly, the game isn’t without faults, as some of the new features make it extremely prone to exploits which an experienced player can use to fully remove any challenge from the game. The main goal of this mod is to render such exploits more difficult, bringing weapons, classes and skills closer to the level they should perform at, as well as to each other. Its secondary goal is to provide tweaks to immersion, visuals and some of the more cumbersome game systems like crafting and endless skill farming.
This is still a work in progress so all feedback is welcome.
For installation instructions and more info check the included Readme file.
- Weapon, armor and consumable item rework. Equipment is more likely to do what you expect of it, 2H weapons will do a lot of damage and a tank in heavy armor will be hard to kill.
- Additional items, spells and skills, as well as changes to the existing ones with a focus on improving the more unappealing choices.
- Skills that grant stat bonuses, like Strengthen or Spellcraft, as well as static choices like Switfoot or Spell Ward were removed and compensated with higher stat differences between classes than in vanilla game.
- A full Finishing move rebalance.
- Most ways of gaining permanent stats were removed to reduce power creep in late game and increase options during early game.
- The power of special characters was reduced across the board, they're about on par with each other now and not overwhelmingly stronger than generics.
- Generic characters have more diverse templates that split into fighter, rogue, mage and generalist archetypes, their stats can differ a lot depending on which one you hire.
- Significantly increased the levelling speed of slow skills, like Steal or Parry.
- Most classes were tweaked, with emphasis on nerfing the strong ones and buffing the weak, many gained new tricks.
- Monsters don't scale natural armor as high as before. With the changes to skills, their new role is high HP bullet sponges that take a lot of damage and use the TP gained to spam special moves.
- Many items are easier to acquire, reducing the endgame tedium.
- Visual changes to some items, special characters, skills and spells.
- Streamlined crafting.
Consolidated changelist available in feedback thread.
What's New in Version 0.970a See changelog
Patch notes v0.970a
- A couple more battles from the last few batches that slipped through the cracks were reworked
- Ehlrig was sometimes invisible in his recruitment battle, the whole thing is a bit wonky so he will now appear in his old cleric outfit as a fallback, and may keep some of that setup when he joins. That’s temporary and he will change to his normal appearance once you exit the game and reload, despite his looks he’s apparently a bit shy. Better shy than invisible, I suppose
- The evacuation mechanic was a bit problematic so it got scrapped, it could break some rescue missions, especially in chaos path, and you could lose instantly by evacuating denam by mistake. It means there were some changes to consumables and the divine evacuation spells got scrapped, those spell slots can be reused for something else if we end up needing more spells at some point
- All sisters should now be able to fully unlock the shaman class so it gains experience, previously you could use only Sherri and Cerya. Thanks to gibbed for finding where the problem was
- 2H Katana sidegrade costs less RT to swing, and will now keep its luck bonus from default version
- Added a sling sidearm, it can be equipped by all classes that can use any kind of sidearm, it doesn’t do a lot of damage but it can’t miss and always inflicts Falseflight. It drops from a faerie familiar that comes armed with it at level 21+ in Phorampa – Land of the Supplicant
- Lifeline Gem now works the same as Salvation Gem, except it restores 50% HP instead of 100%
- Salvation Gem works as before, but now requires Field Alchemy II
- Evacuate and Evacuate II arcana were removed
- Max TP now has only two tiers, +50 and +100, and that meant replacing the other two where needed, which is everywhere. Whoever talked me into this should be ashamed, you know who you are
- Angel Knight can natively learn 1H Katana and most recruitment skills because angels speak all languages including gobbledyguk and esperanto, no need to transfer those skills from other classes anymore. They can’t use Demon’s Pact and Master Undead anymore, I mean, they technically can but refuse to
- Hoplite can’t use Evade anymore but has gained access to Intercession
- Patriarch can’t use Intercession anymore but has gained access to Evade, these skills will probably do more good on classes that actually take decent damage from the abilities they protect from
- Heretic can use Instruments, when you’re in the rebellious phase, just go all in and regret nothing. Also, prepare emotionally for friends and relatives turning the reading of your embarrassing lyrics into a Christmas tradition
- Princess got access to Fists and 1H Katana, that way she can use most melee weapons from Priest and Heretic
- Paragon can use Main Gauche
Spells and Abilites
- Evacuate and Evacuate II divine spells were removed
- Martyrdom and Black Plume now have no RT cost, you’re leaving the battle so it makes no sense to have it
- Tainted Love, Prodigize and Breed Suspicion now cost 40MP/70RT
- Meat Shield is now usable by special characters if you cheat the Lich class onto them
- Draw Out does a bit more damage
- Feral Remedy cost is 80TP/25RT, it will now restore 10% of max HP to any ally and an extra 40% to beasts or dragons. Because it has to work on both monster species you can’t really restrict it so the AI doesn’t use it on anyone in need of healing, so this isn’t a total waste at least
- Seal Evil cost was reduced to 40TP/15RT
- Evade now costs 30TP
- Gordian now costs 80TP
- Evil Deeds now costs 60TP, its area of effect was increased by 1
- Intercession now costs 30TP
- Beastheart/Dragonheart cost 60TP, they should now also be used properly by the AI
Report this file