About This File
TO: LUCT is no doubt one of the classics of turn based tactical games, it can boast complex storyline with a memorable cast of characters and multiple endings, as well as a deep combat system with a vast arsenal of equipment, items and spells. Its PSP port can also serve as an example of how such things should be done, with the game getting not only a much needed facelift but also a thorough redesign of most combat elements.
Sadly, the game isn’t without faults, as some of the new features make it extremely prone to exploits which an experienced player can use to fully remove any challenge from the game. The main goal of this mod is to render such exploits more difficult, bringing weapons, classes and skills closer to the level they should perform at, as well as to each other. Its secondary goal is to provide tweaks to immersion, visuals and some of the more cumbersome game systems like crafting and endless skill farming.
This is still a work in progress so all feedback is welcome.
For installation instructions and more info check the included Readme file.
- Weapon, armor and consumable item rework. Equipment is more likely to do what you expect of it, 2H weapons will do a lot of damage and a tank in heavy armor will be hard to kill.
- Additional items, spells and skills, as well as changes to the existing ones with a focus on improving the more unappealing choices.
- Skills that grant stat bonuses, like Strengthen or Spellcraft, as well as static choices like Switfoot or Spell Ward were removed and compensated with higher stat differences between classes than in vanilla game.
- A full Finishing move rebalance.
- Most ways of gaining permanent stats were removed to reduce power creep in late game and increase options during early game.
- The power of special characters was reduced across the board, they're about on par with each other now and not overwhelmingly stronger than generics.
- Generic characters have more diverse templates that split into fighter, rogue, mage and generalist archetypes, their stats can differ a lot depending on which one you hire.
- Significantly increased the levelling speed of slow skills, like Steal or Parry.
- Most classes were tweaked, with emphasis on nerfing the strong ones and buffing the weak, many gained new tricks.
- Monsters don't scale natural armor as high as before. With the changes to skills, their new role is high HP bullet sponges that take a lot of damage and use the TP gained to spam special moves.
- Many items are easier to acquire, reducing the endgame tedium.
- Visual changes to some items, special characters, skills and spells.
- Streamlined crafting.
Consolidated changelist available in feedback thread.
What's New in Version 1.01 See changelog
Patch notes v1.01
- Fixed some small bugs with battle setups, like one enemy Death Knight not having the proper skill loadout, and Black Plume arcana dropping only in the story version of the battle
- Crafting sidegrade equipment during campaign requires less materals, except when the equipment piece is a side-upgrade, as is the case with axes, spears and hammers. Some of the other crafts also require different materials but the changes are mostly for consistency and for using some underutilised materials more
- Femakk’s Blowgun and Rahula swapped the status effects, as the latter is a heavenly general weapon and they tend to have stop ward
- Bragi’s Harp got stop ward instead of stun ward
- Ytiva and Centeotl’s Rib also swapped status immunities
- 2H Crossbows got +1 to Overpower
- Hex innate ranged attack costs less RT
- Duelist robes are now classified as general cloth armor and can be used by more non-mage classes
- Shagreen boots are now the same subtype as padded leggings so they can be used by more classes
- Cloud Shoes now have Leaden immunity
- Sparkguard boots now have Slow immunity
- Archer got Shuriken instead of Throw Stone
- Beast Tamer got Throw Item instead of Throw Stone, for increased non-monster utility
- Angel Knight got Hex as innate ranged attack
- Trickster can use Drain Mind and Drain Power
- Monsters are a bit more resistant to magic
- EXP gain for all skills has been increased to more convenient numbers, so you gain 1%, 2% or 2.5% instead of 0.96%, 1.92% and so on
- The cheapest kisses for faerie and gremlin got weaker, but they are now active skills instead of specials, I suppose it’s now a quick smooch rather than a kiss. They often get replaced by the more powerful kisses later and having an active skill could be a reason to keep them on
Spells and Abilities
- Draconic damage spells II now do a bit less damage
- Added a new ninjutsu Deadlock, a short-range indirect ability that inflicts Stop, it costs 20TP/20RT and requires 1 Black Yarn to use. It can be used by Ninja, Lord and Astromancer
- Hamstring will now do damage in addition to inflicting Bind
- Coquettish Kiss will no longer inflict Bewitch
- Tainted Kiss will no longer inflict Silence
- There were some removed consumables that could sometimes still be found as buried treasure and would usually show a blank icon with the text ‘REMOVED’. All those have now been replaced with treasure items so you will be able to get some cash for them at least
- Added Black Yarn as reagent for the Deadlock ninjutsu, purchaseable in regular and PotD shop
- Added the Domination Scroll that teaches the Deadlock ninjutsu, purchaseable in regular and PotD shop
Report this file