About This File
TO: LUCT is no doubt one of the classics of turn based tactical games, it can boast complex storyline with a memorable cast of characters and multiple endings, as well as a deep combat system with a vast arsenal of equipment, items and spells. Its PSP port can also serve as an example of how such things should be done, with the game getting not only a much needed facelift but also a thorough redesign of most combat elements.
Sadly, the game isn’t without faults, as some of the new features make it extremely prone to exploits which an experienced player can use to fully remove any challenge from the game. The main goal of this mod is to render such exploits more difficult, bringing weapons, classes and skills closer to the level they should perform at, as well as to each other. Its secondary goal is to provide tweaks to immersion, visuals and some of the more cumbersome game systems like crafting and endless skill farming.
This is still a work in progress so all feedback is welcome.
For installation instructions and more info check the included Readme file.
- Weapon, armor and consumable item rework. Equipment is more likely to do what you expect of it, 2H weapons will do a lot of damage and a tank in heavy armor will be hard to kill.
- Additional items, spells and skills, as well as changes to the existing ones with a focus on improving the more unappealing choices.
- Skills that grant stat bonuses, like Strengthen or Spellcraft, as well as static choices like Switfoot or Spell Ward were removed and compensated with higher stat differences between classes than in vanilla game.
- A full Finishing move rebalance.
- Most ways of gaining permanent stats were removed to reduce power creep in late game and increase options during early game.
- The power of special characters was reduced across the board, they're about on par with each other now and not overwhelmingly stronger than generics.
- Generic characters have more diverse templates that split into fighter, rogue, mage and generalist archetypes, their stats can differ a lot depending on which one you hire.
- Significantly increased the levelling speed of slow skills, like Steal or Parry.
- Most classes were tweaked, with emphasis on nerfing the strong ones and buffing the weak, many gained new tricks.
- Monsters don't scale natural armor as high as before. With the changes to skills, their new role is high HP bullet sponges that take a lot of damage and use the TP gained to spam special moves.
- Many items are easier to acquire, reducing the endgame tedium.
- Visual changes to some items, special characters, skills and spells.
- Streamlined crafting.
Consolidated changelist available in feedback thread.
What's New in Version 0.960 See changelog
Patch notes v0.960
- Continued with the incremental updates to campaign battles, this time adding Chapter 4 up to and including Barnicia Castle battles, some battles are of higher level as the player team often outleveled them at that point
- The updates also include sidequests for recruiting most chapter 4 characters, including Cressida, Ozma, Azelstan, Lindl, Ganpp, Rudlum, Ocionne and Deneb, also those leading to Palace of the Dead and the first three of its floors
- Early sidequest battles had their level lowered so the player can tackle them without grinding
- Special characters from ch4 that have a special class will now use that class in battle and come in that package
- There is now a templar fusilier in the Lindl battle, he will drop the fusil recipe instead of the terror knight
- If you fight Xapan in chapter 4, he will come with a high level axe when recruited, at levels 34+ he will use it in battle and drop if killed, you won’t be able to get the Dark apocrypha there anymore so don’t bother trying
- Boulders have returned as an equippable item, so monster RT was reverted to what it used to be and you have a choice between faster monsters that have no ranged attack and slower monsters that do. Also, the AI will use them properly now
- Added a special type of claw to the game, one of the lizardman berserkers in the Temple of Greuza sanctum uses it and will always drop it when killed
- The names of some common classmarks were reverted to be a bit more similar to the name of the class
Spells and Abilites
- Heal Spells do more damage to undead
- Less dark spells can now be used on undead, just the damage dealing restriction wasn’t enough of a problem for some classes
- The RT cost of Accelerator was increased a lot, the spell is still a way to pop the specific unit you need but it’s less spammable
- Trueflight buff from Trajectory and Fortify from Siege don’t last as long as same buffs that come from spells or items
- Blazing Grasp finisher does Bind instead of Wither
- Heartbreaker finisher will now also leech the removed MP to the user
- Wind Scythe finisher now does Hobble/Delay instead of Wither
- Sunblossom finisher also inflicts Wither
- Rank 8 finishers were slighly improved in some cases, usually by an extra tile of range (like Grand Cross)
- The formula for blade knight’s Soulstrike was fixed, so there’s no more need for the MP->damage part to always hit, it will hit when the main attack does
- First Aid was renamed to Gambit, it now also grants Flanking
- The RT cost of kiss skills is a bit higher
- Fusilier gained acess to Field Achemy I and Reflect Damage
- Monsters will be a bit more accurate and hit harder, that should make them threatening enough to make dragoon more appealing
- Warden gained access to hammers
- Ranger lost First Aid, but gained access to Rally, a skill that every successful guerilla leader should have
- Buccaneer can’t use gunblades anymore
- Blade Knight gained Reflection, but can’t use Preempt anymore, it should make the class less of a straight upgrade over swordmaster
- Added Mercenary as a unique class for Lindl, a careful and cunning warrior able to equip light armor, light accessories, fists, daggers, 1h swords, 1h spears, 1h katana and fusils. Being trained at the renowned Balboede Garden military academy, he is also highly proficient with gunblades and tolerably emo. The class has a similar access to skills as the Fusilier, with the addition of Parry, Overpower, Counterhit3, Jump2, Heron, Steadfast and FieldAlchemy2. Blade Knight can learn Gambit and Apostate, while also being able to transfer Preempt, Sharpshoot, Squash and Booby Trap from other classes. Through Art of War command, he is able to use Grenades and utility Ninjutsu
- Special characters with a custom portrait will have a slight stat advantage over the others, for instance, Arycelle will be a bit stronger than Sara
- Special templates that NPC generic classes sometimes use in endgame are updated
Report this file