About This File
-DOKAPON KINGDOM RANDOMIZER-
This Dokapon Kingdom Randomizer was made in Python 3. It will only be guarenteed to work on the Wii version of Dokapon Kingdom, and only if you extract the game's files from the ISO and either rebuild the ISO afterwards or run the file structure's included "main.dol" with Dolphin. Unlike my other randomizer, there's no fancy UI.
Dokapon Kingdom is a boardgame RPG similar to games like Mario Party in terms of friendship ruining gameplay, and just like those games it comes with a boatload of RNG-determined elements. You may be wondering what this does and why I made it in the first place. To answer both questions, here's the feature list:
- Randomizes Character Classes (Base Stats except HP, Level-Up Bonuses, Salaries, Inventory Capacity)
- Randomizes Monsters (Base Stats)
- Randomizes Equipment (Weapon, Shield, and Accessory Stats)
- Randomizes Magic (Offensive, Defensive, and Field Magic Stats)
- Randomizes Item Price Values
- Randomize Shop Items
- Randomize Drop Tables
- Allowing Exploitable variations of the above which is not recommend at all for serious play
- SERIOUSLY RANDOMIZE EVERYTHING which is not recommended at all and may lead to less (or more) enjoyable gameplay
Included with the randomizer is a README.txt that has everything you need to know in order to make use of the randomizer. You'll obviously want to get a copy of the US version of Dokapon Kingdom for Wii with the following checksums:
- CRC-32: 23C95AFE
- MD-5: F092532905E0DBE12F3EFE6C18D887B8
- SHA-256: 6ABA21343ACAD00703A67C557754BDCCC958BC5EB1408964118F240253B96523
This entire randomizer was a learning experience to see if I could in fact randomize the game. Here's hoping you enjoy my efforts!
Enemy Magic and Abilities are randomized as well, even though I didn't randomize them intentionally. I'll have to figure out where I broke things and fix it later.FIXED!
- Class HP is not randomized. Don't ask me to randomize this.
Don't play with bots.
They can potentially crash the game.I tested a bit locally and they stopped crashing the game, but they're still too smart for me lol.
- I've had many people report softlocks due to this thing while in Chapter 3 because they couldn't buy the required Items. Please let me know if this is still an issue.
What's New in Version 1.6 See changelog
Updated the included README.txt and the following was updated:
Rebalanced SUPER RANDOMIZED on the low end of Salary Bonuses. They were way too high.
Rebalanced Consumable and Gift prices slightly.
Rebalanced Equipment and Magic prices.
Rebalanced SUPER RANDOMIZED Offensive Magic. It had some weird spikes.
Rebalanced SUPER RANDOMIZED Field Magic. It was a bit weaker than I liked.
[Exploited Shops, All Drops]
Monster Gold heavily adjusted (Min/Max from +/-30K to +/-1M)
Report this file