praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

103 posts in this topic

I meant in-game controls (config -> controller custom) - you can change in game which of the SNES buttons is used for what.
It may be possible you accidently assigned menu to a different button and not noticed it?

ZSNES would possibly explain it; they used some very wonky hacks back then to simulate the actual SNES hardware.
It works for about 99% of the cases though it had some random-ish bugs,
like in Star Ocean everything would work fine for me but on some map transitions (I think only 5 specific ones) the music would randomly stop (only 50% of the time) and the game would freeze after 10 seconds if I didn't get a battle in that time; weird stuff like that.

Oh, you meant changing it there. Sorry, I didn't think about that. But that shouldn't have been the case I think. Still, I'll make sure of that next time.

I did consider zsnes could be an issue, but I don't remember having a bug like this when I played FFV originally long ago, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have happened either.  Regardless, just trying to spread awareness in case it was something that could happen to others.

If I get it again I'll try a few more things, or send you the save state if you want? (I wouldn't be able to save normally, lol.)

Well, since I changed a lot of things in the code there'll obviously be things that weren't in the original,
so ZSNES compatibility with the original doesn't imply compatibility for ZSNES with the mod.

Also savestate wouldn't help me since they are only usable with the same type of emulator; heck I can't even load SNES9X 1.53+ savestates on SNES9X 1.52