praetarius5018

Modder
  • Content count

    415
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

101 Excellent

7 Followers

About praetarius5018

  • Rank
    Regular
  1. because light removes the dark ah dang, yeah right, HP regen is blocked by his debuff
  2. resist light and air attack with earth HP steal or HP regeneration accessoires buffs, debuffs, standard stuff
  3. yes, win the fight
  4. README: If a Lv1 tech hits an enemy shortly after they start their attack or cast a spell, you've performed a counter-attack which deals increased damage (depending on weapon).
  5. The art of talking to every NPC in town seems to be a lost one... try the north side.
  6. I thought I had done the Monk write up, seems I haven't... Monk !Blitz, unlocked simply by maxHP -Kick, all, 1x unarmed damage -Pummel, one, vit based fire magic damage; x1.5 stronger if unarmed -AuraBolt, one, vit based holy magic damage, HP leak; x1.5 stronger if unarmed -GaleFist, all, vit based wind damage; x1.5 stronger if unarmed -Rush, all, vit based earth magic damage; x1.5 stronger if unarmed -Grapple, one, inflict slow -Kiai, one, def down -Spirit, party, recover 30 MP each Which stats are used by what skill varies a lot but all 4 have some skills, though STR and MAG are obviously the main damage stats overall. Though technically almost everything profits from AGL because of accuracy. VIT is more of a defense stat. By design bombs actually only had one purpose: to allow any team composition to beat the Puroboros (bombs) boss because you can no longer stall out their MP. I don't really want them to have much more damage because Blue/Needles (2000 damage) wants a use too. At that point - at least for Tinker - you should deal good damage with his other spells, Turret and HeRoBot, especially the later with HP leak.
  7. Knight re-work !Valor instead of !Guard, !Valor upgrades Def. command from 25% dmg reduction to 50%; skills are unlocked by having X more victories than (4x) escapes -WideShld, party, the elemental one time shield from arcanist -Taunt, all, same as DK's Taunt (def down, atk up, aggro) -Bash, one, phys. damage, p.def increases damage -Servitude, one, knock ally into crit HP, user gains Cover innate -Funeral, one, damage up per number of dead allies (20 -> 125 -> 180 -> 255) -Patience, one, increase maxMP by caster's VIT+20, caps at 600 instead of 500 -Ironclad, self, add m.def/2 to p.def, m.def = 0 -Fortress, self, 99 MP cost, caster gains "heavy" type
  8. The white/black spells are only used for unlocking yin and yang spells. The Yin-Yang score is specifically for the spells from the !Yin and !Yang sets and does not affect any spells outside of them. The meter goes like this (subject to change): 15 20 30 38 47 55 63 72 81 90 100 110 115 119 122 125 127 129 131 133 135 You start each battle with both at 100. If you use one of the sets, that's score goes one element to the left and the other one to the right per target - so if you use a multitarget !Yin spell against 8 targets you move the score for !Yin 8 to the left and for !Yang 8 to the right. The number you have while calculating the current target's damage modifies the spell power or accuracy. Example: you cast !Yang/Crystal on 5 enemies; the first enemy takes 300 damage (100% of its spellpower), the second 270 (90%), third 243, forth 216, fifth 189. Next turn you cast a single target !Yin/Cyclone, it will then have 125% of its regular power.
  9. 1. you put the curse on an enemy, when that enemy hits you with a physical/melee attack they get the same damage as well (think Diablo2 thorn aura or iron maiden curse) 2.
  10. zsnes in general has accuracy issues; several instructions are not well implemented, it mostly was build for speed or being able to run at all on the toasters we had around 2000. I often forget that it was all we had wayback then - I feel old now
  11. Sage !Meta, modify spells, does not consume turn, kinda like spellblade for magic; unlocked based on number of known spells (white, black, time, summon, blue) -Burst, increases magic hit cap from 130 to 160 and accuracy for magic dmg by +7 -Hammer, spells that target m.def instead target p.def and gain +12.5% power -Blast, enable multitarget, same as passive ability -Needles, semi fixed-damage spell (def=0, M=constant) [imitate Lv25, 45Mag vs 100m.def] -Plague, spelldamage also adds +10 status damage -Flash, ignore reflect -Intense, add one extra field icon, does not stack with heavy status -Nova, reduce MT penalty by 33% (if it is x0.25/-75% -> x0.5/-50%), stacks with/applied after AreaCast in addition the sage has !Yin and !Yang; using spells of one type weakens that category and strengthens the other; differences is tracked in a Yin-Yang score which goes up to +/-10 and shifts per target !Yin, unlock by number of known white magic spells -Cyclone, one, wind damage -Whirl, one, water + HP leak (like Time/Bleed) -Stone, one, stalactite animation, earth -Inferno, one, fire -Vivify, one, cure HP; if score 2+ in favor also clear some status, at +5 it can revive -Morph, one, toggle toad -Syphon, one, bolt type, MP drain (deal HP damage and recover MP) -Ultima, one, void, 60 MP, spell damage based on number of collected white, black, time, summon and blue spells (maxes at 200 power for 99 spells) !Yang, unlock by number of known black magic spells -Crystal, one, ice -Plasma, one, bolt -Scourge, one, poison damage, def pierce -Fade, one, holy -De-Guard, one, def down -Undo, one, x-zone like death -Freeze, one, inflict stop -Paradox, one, turns target's Yin-Yang score upside down (e.g. +5 becomes -5)
  12. Do you have the U version?
  13. This sounds like you used the wrong (un)headered patch - I'm surprised that doesn't outright crash. The headered version of the ROM should have 2561 KB. unheadered 2560 KB.
  14. Does the one in the readme not suffice?
  15. Magus !Taboo, unlock with number of slain enemies, except for Unleash which is unlocked by plot -Blast, one/all, spell but uses element of weapon -VoidBolt, one, void elemental "flare" -Swamp, set terrain to 5/5 poison and give *everyone* "half" HP leak until end of battle (stackable with regular HP leak, doubled against targets weak to poison) -Unleash, summon Gilgamesh, slash all enemies with a sword; 25% chance to do 1 damage (excalipoor), 25% chance to deal 9999 damage, 50% chance for "normal" void-type physical spell damage; also changes battle theme -SickMark, taken damage is increased based on status damage (+33% at 200 status damage) -Sap Mark, given and taken non-fixed damage is reduced by 20% -LifeMark, if killed (or loses LP) while that LifeMark is active, player party gets healed by 1/8 of victim's maxHP -Chain M., attacking the target over and over leads to increasing damage (max at 200 hits); if the target acts, bonus resets to 0 (basically a combo system) only one mark can be active at the same time on a unit Mime !Mimic, all unlocked from the start -Encore, regular mimic, except X-Magic only gets first spell mimiced -Imitate, one, like !Time/Echo copy one recent enemy spell -Image, one, 1x image -Bore, one/all, inflict sleep -Bad Act, all, inflict confuse -Astonish, one, inflict mute -Curtain, one, heal status effects -Assist, one, 100 MP