Sign in to follow this  
Deschain

Phunbaba event tile change

1 post in this topic

I was playing BNW with my sister, who has never played FFVI before, and in WoR she didn't go to Mobliz before getting the airship. She actually went there quite late. So what happened is, she went in, fought Phunbaba 1, investigated the house to the west, and then left Mobliz.

The problem is, the trigger for making Phunbaba 2 happen only activates if you step on it after fighting Phunbaba 1. BUT the tile is on the way out of the city, so unless you know it's there, you won't trigger it without leaving and coming back.

I made a very miniscule patch that moves the event tiles such that if you have the airship, you fight Phunbaba 1, and you go to the west house, you will trigger Phunbaba 2, so you don't have to leave and come back. This is a big plus for people who have never played the game before, who wouldn't know that you have to leave and come back to trigger Phunbaba 2.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/151099327580864513/493448755392020481/Phunbaba_event_move.ips

However, this patch is for vanilla, and I couldn't get the level editor to work with BNW. If someone who knows anything about level editing wants to make this patch for BNW, all it requires is moving event 0 in WoR Mobliz to (15,20) and event 1 to (28,16). This placement guarantees you will hit both tiles., no matter when you go to Mobliz.