Sign in to follow this  
GrandpaBoroyzee

The Scooby Squad's fight with Isis

3 posts in this topic

60c24739e2fa3_FinalFantasyVIBNW2.0_001.png.b1299ea02c0359c719ca7df92cc6a905.png

In the grand tradition of talking about video games on the playground, I was playing BNW last night, and I was so entertained at this, that I had to share. I was fresh off of beating Kaiser, thinking I'm hot stuff, when I reach the statues series of bosses. I've never gotten to this point in BNW, so I didn't know what to expect. It took me a while to beat Asura; the combo of Absolute Zero and Tsunami was formidable, but easily worked around. The way things ended up, my C team ended up facing Isis. I was witness to an entertaining exchange a few rounds into the fight; Isis KO'ed Strago, and had Charmed Relm just before. I didn't know what Charm did, so I had just burned Strago's turn using a remedy on Relm, and thought it was done. Mog had already danced us into the forest, and Umaro was doing his Yeti thing, so they weren't interested in killing Relm to deactivate the Charm. Relm had the Ross brush and the Healing Shiv, and proceeded to hit Isis every turn, giving her almost permanent Reflect status. Isis tried to buff herself with Haste or Regen, which was reflected on to one of my team. She would cast Berserk in response to physical attacks, which if anything helped Umaro and didn't appear to have an effect on Mog. She used Ice 3 and Bolt 3, but I think both Mog and Umaro had the Snow Muffler or something, because they did almost nothing. Same with Storm. Mog was healing with Harvester, and Umaro had the regen relic on, so they stayed healthy. The only significant damage came from Holy, which was single target, and didn't do more than half of a character's HP. Umaro's putting out solid damage, especially when he throws Mog. I put down the controller and watched for a while, a smile spreading as I realized that Isis may have played herself (itself?). Ultimately, they weren't able to win; Relm decided to throw out a Flare eventually that decked Mog. However, this was one of my favorite boss experiences in BNW, and a much needed giggle after the hell that was Kaiser. 

tldr: naked goddess convinces child to attempt murder with paintbrush, winged rat and hairy Florida Man almost beat her to death anyway excellent game 10/10

A streamer had something like this happen the other night where Florida Man (or Karen, as he called it) solo-kited tier-3 of the final battle until it ran out of MP. It's pretty funny when these weird little AI loops emerge and you can just sit back and watch the madness play out!