raics

Feedback and Suggestions

599 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's working now.

What were and are Denam's base stats? Assuming the tarot answers still have the same effect.

Edited by Valenhil

Minor thing, Setan Kober and Canine are swapped in their list order.

Also, curious, is there a way to allow for mod fight equipment changes as a skill for some sort, like an Arms Master kinda thing? Not saying it could be called a Risk Breaker, but..

Also, nice to have the Notos doing dragon moves again, intentional KoL reference?

Edited by coffee potato

Urgent problem. Got a game freeze.

Tried out Bayin as a crossbowmancer, he fired at a fairy, missed, got a sort of slow counter rock throw, it went up to him, did nothing, and just stalled out there.

Can confirm the above, whenever a character dodges a ranged counter  a visual effect appears somewhere else in the screen and the game just stops there.

Edited by Valenhil

10 hours ago, Valenhil said:

Yeah, it's working now.

What were and are Denam's base stats? Assuming the tarot answers still have the same effect.

In vanilla it was 33 on every stat + tarot, in 0.87 it was 28 which put his total slightly below other uniques, 30 looks fine.

I'll have to check those ranged counters, no idea what's causing it, thanks for the report.

I can't fiddle with the item order easily, unfortunately, it pretty much means transplanting it to another spot in the table and that has problems of its own. Equip change skill doesn't seem like a possibility.

I'll update the changelog later, sure

Edited by raics

Just checking, but there is no way to revive a downed unit any more right?

Because in the neutral route chapter 3 there is an optional battle where you start with some downed allies and they have some dialogue if you revive them.

I'll test to see if evacuations trigger the dialogue, technically there are revivals, but they're what's there in the lore, so that San Bronsa reaction from Denam upon seeing someone revived finally makes sense. So yeah, revival is possible for generics by zombification and charm of remission, seal of rebirth or ensanguined rood.

30 minutes ago, ajuintje said:

Just checking, but there is no way to revive a downed unit any more right?

Because in the neutral route chapter 3 there is an optional battle where you start with some downed allies and they have some dialogue if you revive them.

There is, draconic Sacrifice spell and paladin's Sublime Sacrifice, which you don't have at that point, if this works out I'll probably change those to something else. Their dialogue most likely doesn't trigger anything because you can technically complete the battle without reviving them, it's a loss I'd be willing to accept.

I've fixed the thrown stone bug so you can pick it up on moddb for the time being, can't do the iso patches right now.

It would be faster if I wasn't asleep when you reported it, the thing is kinda gamebreaking so it should be fixed asap. It wasn't anything spectacular, just a few numbers pasted where they shouldn't be.

Oh, I was. So apparently the vanilla version that I usually mod from wasn't playing nicely with the PPF file. Not sure why, modded it to the time stopping rock incident, ppf'd that one, and that seemed to fix it. I haven't the foggiest why, but seemed like it would work, and it did. 

Agh....dang it..OK, I know I'm doing something wrong. 

Vanilla ISO -> apply PPF -> can't open PPF

Modded ISO ->PPF applies -> No game found on disc or disc is corrupted

Checked, this is the US version applying the US patch. Advice?

Well, applying a ppf from a moddb version wouldn't work because it has no ppf files inside. Get your vanilla iso, drag those two v0.88a bin files inside and save it, just follow the instructions from moddb readme.

OK, I discovered the problem. I am a moron. Problem solved now! (For some reason I kept seeing ModDB and thinking NGplus. Sorry)

Edited by coffee potato

In my third attempt, finally manage to get Rudlum before he suicides. Not that he didn't try, though. Only succeeded because after Rudlum decided he really didn't mind getting in range of 4 fucking skeletons to cast poison mist on the 2 on the back, I happened to have my ninja with enough TP to cast Wild Hunt and move in front of him to take the hits.

Seriously, this has got to go.

Edited by Valenhil

Hey everyone... this mod patch for Tactics Ogre: One Vision... is it for the PSP or SNES? If only for the PSP, can it be applied to the snes version?

Thanks!

Hey, it was Holy Draconic 2 that vaporized right? If so it doesn't do that at the moment. 

Also, yeah, Rudlum is on a whole other level of special in that fight. It took absolutely bulldozing everything to get to that nobel prize winner.

Rudlum the Champion.jpg

The SNES version cannot accept PSP patches, unfortunately. This version's very pretty and has some awesome music though!

(I hope this picture isn't posting multiple times, it shows twice on my end for reasons I can't figure out.)One Vision rud.jpg

Edited by coffee potato
Messed up the picture thingy.

3 hours ago, Valenhil said:

The Belter 1h fusil still has the 66 rt from when it was 2h.

Right, missed that, thanks.

4 hours ago, coffee potato said:

Also, the cursed weapons are in the same spots, right? 4 hours of on and off attempts on floor 85 yielded nothing, wondering if they moved.

Can't drop them while you still have the old ones. Just use the code I sent you, you've earned them fair and square.

6 hours ago, dreamesper said:

Hey everyone... this mod patch for Tactics Ogre: One Vision... is it for the PSP or SNES? If only for the PSP, can it be applied to the snes version?

Thanks!

It can't work on SNES/PSX because they're essentially different games, they rebuilt it from the ground up for PSP. There's already a mod for SNES, though it's in Japanese, I think.

6 hours ago, Valenhil said:

In my third attempt, finally manage to get Rudlum before he suicides. Not that he didn't try, though. Only succeeded because after Rudlum decided he really didn't mind getting in range of 4 fucking skeletons to cast poison mist on the 2 on the back, I happened to have my ninja with enough TP to cast Wild Hunt and move in front of him to take the hits.

Seriously, this has got to go.

No idea how except somehow giving player control over guests. Just lobbing an evacuate item on him didn't work?

Evacuations work with lobbers on standing targets? That's really cool.

Thanks on the codes, I'll check the messages, that makes a lot of sense, didn't think of that one, thanks again!

Dreamesper, for the SNES there's Chronicle Valeria and one other one, DE 1.something I think it was. CV is the overhaul in Japanese, the English patch guy tried for a while, but politely begged to be let off the project, it's a surprisingly hefty mod. The other seemed to make the original have a lot of the balancing issues that plagued the remake, like healer knights.

Edited by coffee potato

The wind and ice crossbows seem to have their bonuses switched. Tried to add all cursed weapons, accidentally got all weapons (I did a dumb). Either way, should be good for testing. Can't believe after all of it the Ambicion is somehow on par with the Christmas sword :-0 (but has lasers)

Edited by coffee potato