praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

258 posts in this topic

v1.520

• nerfed !recover from target all to target one
  • fixed !throw not being restricted by cooldown
  • fixed after battle recovery setting HP to 0 if under the influence of giant potion
  • corrected text in beginner house regarding run speed on the map
  • fork tower (physical) no longer disables white/black/time/summon/blue/song spells
  • fixed underflow in Minus Strike damage calculation
  • if hidden and trying to use brv. !show is used instead to prevent a game lockup
  • nerfed axe up property of crit up passive from [100..200]% damage to [100..150]% damage
  • fixed bug in damage range of axes giving them > 2x the intended max power
  • reduced the bonus rune weapons get from MAG to 1/4 its previous value
  • increased atk of rune edge from 72 to 92
  • certain enemies/bosses are now protected against polymorph effects and instead take damage when the status succeeds

....Turning encounters off probably would have helped.

Edit: encountered a bit of a bug; vampire Faris somehow learned Siren during the fight with Siren.

Also, is there a way to heal undead characters besides drain effects? Relying on ice damage to heal isn't exactly working well against Shiva.

Screenshot (44).png

Edited by TauzentBlitz

Actually, I do want to point out an interaction that I had forgotten to until now; with two time mages in a party, one can brave, then shift, then perform an action, giving an action to the other time mage. This can be used to brave, shift, and then perform another action, repeat ad-nauseum for as long as you wish.

Edited by Ninners

On 11/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, TauzentBlitz said:

Edit: encountered a bit of a bug; vampire Faris somehow learned Siren during the fight with Siren.

well, you are supposed to get it from killing her, so that is nothing I'll lose sleep over.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, TauzentBlitz said:

Also, is there a way to heal undead characters besides drain effects? Relying on ice damage to heal isn't exactly working well against Shiva.

regen status, sylph, white wind, death effects

44 minutes ago, Ninners said:

Actually, I do want to point out an interaction that I had forgotten to until now; with two time mages in a party, one can brave, then shift, then perform an action, giving an action to the other time mage. This can be used to brave, shift, and then perform another action, repeat ad-nauseum for as long as you wish.

I take that as proof that I have copied brave/default too well - close to my hero abuse in the original...
currently no idea how to circumvent that short of removing the skill...

I love shift and have fun with it so I wouldn't want to see it removed !!! Right now I just forbid myself from using shift on turns granted by shift which does the job nicely.

I think the option I have that would make the most sense is to treat shift as if the target had just used "brave", so it can't use brave to gain more mp.

The game crashes if I manage to damage the Garkimas in castle Walse. Didn't happen in earlier versions...

Actually it looks like casting Fury crashes the game.

Edited by TauzentBlitz

yeah, I got the same bug report 2 days ago but had no time until now to look at it, so....

v1.530

• shift now counts as the target using brave, so brave can't be used on the extra turns
  • fixed a crash related to status effects