Sign in to follow this  
MountainSageValentine

Progress Report?

3 posts in this topic

Hey, before I get into the meat of this I would like to preface my post by saying that I both understand and respect that you are very busy. But information on this has been dead for quite a while. I'd just like to know if you plan to keep working on it - any kind of timeframe would be nice. Maybe an update on how you yourself are doing- I'm still highly curious of any projects you may be working on. Also a request- any documentation you have on working with nocturne would be nice! But really I just want to hear from you! (Sorry if this is annoying.)

This might be relevant:

"Future Plans

The most immediate future plans for this hack are to do a quality control sweep of bosses and full kagatsuchi encounters. I would say more than half of both of those could stand to be improved. I also want to see if there's anything more that can be done to make randomized skill inheritance from fusion less painful.

My secondary plans are to consider adding/changing more skills and mechanics. Some of these additions and changes (such as Heat Riser and the 1/2 turn cost on Summon and Swap) have significantly altered and broadened how this game can be played, admittedly to a larger extent than I expected they would. So having more of that would definitely appeal to me.

My more distant (and less certain) plans include:
-Completely rebuild demon conversations from the ground-up
-Allow the player to choose their inherited skills

Both of these would be tons of work, and I generally don't see them as being as important as the other changes, but they'd certainly be neat to have.

Timeline

Unfortunately, the odds of any of these plans happening soon are slim. I am currently working on the battle design for a commercial game project, and that will have to be my primary focus for the next 9 months or so. The evenings and weekends may give me some time for hacking, but that time has to be shared with things like relaxing, having something that could arguably be called a social life, and working overtime on the commercial project. And then even for whatever time is left after that, one of my other hacks could wind up getting that attention instead, depending on what sounds the most appealing at the time.

So yeah, just wanted to let everyone know what's going on with this project right now. I'm trying to increase my level of community interaction for all of my projects during this time period "away" from focusing on hacking. I tend to have a bad habit of basically just finishing a project, posting it, and moving on to the next one with minimal promotion and outreach. It means a lot to me when people comment, post, stream, etc. their experiences and thoughts about the projects I create, so it would be behoove me to do what I can to foster it."

Full post: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/582958-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne/75943094