EsperothVIII

Timed Block Issue?

12 posts in this topic

I feel like such a noob right now but for the life of me I can't seem to successfully timed block regular attacks or even the magic attacks on the first blue koopa tutorial fight so it goes on forever.  I could just skip it but I'm guessing timed block is going to be pretty important so i'd like to figure out what i'm doing wrong.  Am I missing something?  It's been awhile since I've play SMRPG in general and this mod made me want to pick it up with all the hard work you guys have done.

Basically you're supposed to hit "a" at the right time to timed block an enemy attack right?  My "a" is keybound to the "x" key on the keyboard but it doesn't seem to ever block. I'm able to successfully do the double attack timing just fine but for some reason a block never lands. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Personally, I use the B button to block, but I'm pretty sure A works too...

Do you have some sort of turbo on?  You won't be able to block if you do.

I was able to get it to work.  My timing on the animations was just WAY off it seems.  It's especially hard to get the timing right for spells.  Should you be trying to block right before the spell animation ends?  Is it going to be different for each spell?  Any "rule of thumb?"

Edited by EsperothVIII

Jesus am I happy to know i'm not completely insane. I wondered when I had to block. Just to add to this, I would like to not make a new post if I could keep from it. But Bowser's Fire Breath is giving me a bunch of issue. Is it just a garbage attack? I can never get it past his first timing.

PS: Nice to meet all of you! I'm CoobyPls and it's awesome to have finally found a good forum for my favorite fangames~

17 minutes ago, CoobyPls said:

Jesus am I happy to know i'm not completely insane. I wondered when I had to block. Just to add to this, I would like to not make a new post if I could keep from it. But Bowser's Fire Breath is giving me a bunch of issue. Is it just a garbage attack? I can never get it past his first timing.

PS: Nice to meet all of you! I'm CoobyPls and it's awesome to have finally found a good forum for my favorite fangames~

Spells do not have second timings.  They also don't do much damage if your magic attack is low.

21 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Spells do not have second timings.  They also don't do much damage if your magic attack is low.

Waiiiit a sec. Doesn't Mallow's Shocker have two?

4 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Nope, just the one.

Damn, here I am tiring my thumbs out for nothing. xD

EDIT: I am sorry I questioned you, lmfao. I had no clue whatsoever just who I was talking to here. 

Edited by CoobyPls
Clarification

It seems like it would, what with the yellow flash and all. Seems like you're just the de facto source of SMRPG:A when DK himself isn't around, huh?