CoobyPls

Doom Mode and one small question

5 posts in this topic

I am having a problem loading some of the posts so I can't see if my answer lies in some of them:

I heard from someone that there's a harder than hard mode coming out. I'm pretty sure I can guess what it means in terms of boss health, etc. But I was wondering if we the players will have anything new to expect in terms or level cap, new items, or perhaps new equips?

As for the other question: does damage have a hard cap at 30k or does it just not show past that?

Doom edition is just the version that follows my design philosophies more closely.  Even though I helped work on v9, the design is largely DK's.  There are plenty of things that I would do differently.  For example, lowering overall damage to avoid hitting the damage cap

The cap for both lives and damage is 30k due to 16-bit limitations.

Doomsday! I hoped you'd answer this one. Thanks again!

One more thing: how much programming do I have to know to work with Lazy Shell Editor? I really, really want to make my own hack that everybody plays.

I even have someone willing to do custom sprite work since I helped them with testing and working on BitDungeon3; i have a ton of ideas that I want to kick around, none as large as this masterpiece, but definitely the makings of a fun romhack!

5 hours ago, CoobyPls said:

One more thing: how much programming do I have to know to work with Lazy Shell Editor? I really, really want to make my own hack that everybody plays.

To use Lazy Shell effectively, you'll need to at least think logically, but you don't need any specific programming experience.

4 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

To use Lazy Shell effectively, you'll need to at least think logically, but you don't need any specific programming experience.

Cool! I think I get what you're saying. I'll post updates as they come!