Sign in to follow this  
Hoxha

Any chance BNW will be applied to the Steam version?

4 posts in this topic

I know the Steam version of the mobile version of FFVI is much maligned (mostly rightly so), but as I'm sure you know some dedicated modders have been toiling away to release A World Reborn which fixes a ton of the graphical issues with the game. It actually looks pretty damn good these days. There is even a mod coming to replicate the SNES version as closely as possible. I enjoy it but I find it almost impossible to play vanilla FF titles anymore with all the great community overhauls like BNW, New Threat, Ragnarok and Alternate Fantasy.

Is there any chance that you would make a version of BNW available for the Steam version?

So... imagine trying to translate the Bible into Klingon, except I'm pretty sure some crazy bastard has actually done that. So also imagine you don't know Klingon or anyone who does.

There is interest in modding the Steam version, but almost all of that interest lies with making it not look like shit. There's been very little progress from what I've seen into the nuts and bolts of the actual game mechanics (which is hilarious since from what I'm told it's literally just a FF6A ROM). And I'd wager a guess that's because most people who ARE interested in the game mechanics are working on the SNES version instead.

Edited by BTB

1 hour ago, Echoherb said:

Why not just play it on the SNES? The steam version is just FF6A with shitty graphics and menus.

Well, therein lies the issue. Most people who realize this already ARE playing (or hacking) the SNES version. The select few who are dealing with the Steam version seem to be specifically interested in it... why, I couldn't tell you. But there's definitely a draw.

Edited by BTB